PDA

View Full Version : Europeans coming here to work illegally

SRT
10-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Turning away 15 people a night at Pearson Airport...

The plummeting European economy is prompting hundreds of migrants to come to Canada where they work illegally and take away the jobs of Canadians, officials warn.

Customs agents at Pearson airport have refused entry to hundreds of suspected economic migrants from cash-strapped European countries who claim they are visitors but really want to work in Canada illegally, said front-line officers who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Officials of the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) said it is illegal for visitors to work in Canada.

Visitors, who are free to come here without visas, can stay up to six months. During that time, some earn up to $10,000 while working illegally.

CBSA officers are meeting flights arriving at Pearson from some European countries to inspect the documents of travellers as they search for migrant workers.

The migrants, who are mostly single, young men, have jobs waiting for them , said CBSA officers.

Up to 15 migrants nightly are turned back at Pearson after arriving from countries like Poland, Greece, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Britain and Hungary. Other hard-hit countries include France, Germany, Korea, Singapore and New Zealand.

CBSA officers said many of the migrants travel to different countries to find work.

“Most of these people have jobs waiting for them in Canada,” one officer said. “They are taking away the jobs of Canadian citizens.”

http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2010/10/06/15607461.html

JRSC00LUDE
10-07-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm having trouble finding a correlation between this and Dodge..... :dunno:

SRT
10-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I'm having trouble finding a correlation between this and Dodge..... :dunno:

Sorry, I left this part out..

Border officials explained that the illegal workers all had big hopes of working for Dodge. Krystof Weerriaz from Poland, after being caught and thrown in jail was quoted as saying "Land of the hemi, land of the free" Have you seen the new Viper yet officer?" As the door to his jail cell was slammed shut

Chrysler was contacted but had no comment on the matter

JRSC00LUDE
10-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by SRT

:rofl: Well played.

3drian
10-07-2010, 09:48 AM
what kind of jobs would they do? and how do they manage to get a job before getting to canada?

ZenOps
10-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Steve Jobs and Paris Hilton can't even visit Japan anymore.

The whole world is puckering up like its sitting on a block of ice.

Next stop, Gold at $2200 and end of world predictions.

Tik-Tok
10-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Deytookerjerbs!

KLni3wbndls

Idratherbsidewayz
10-07-2010, 09:54 AM
As soon as I saw the title I knew Poland would be on the top of that list. They loves them some migrant work...

Originally posted by 3drian
what kind of jobs would they do? and how do they manage to get a job before getting to canada?

They get job hookups through other Polacks, tons in Toronto. Everyone wants to take advantage of cheap efficient labor.

JfuckinC
10-07-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by SRT

:rofl:

fuck yaaa that was good lol

SRT
10-07-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by 3drian

Just about everything, considering how Euro-infested we already are (not a bad thing) they are probably getting work with relatives/friends that moved here legally.

e31
10-07-2010, 10:08 AM
So what's Europe going to look like when all of the good tax paying people come to North America for work? Nobody will be left to pay taxes to support the exploding Muslim welfare populace. Did I say that out loud? I meant to say marginalized refugee minority population...

Muji
10-07-2010, 11:08 AM
They need to get on a refugee boat like everyone else, if you cannot grow gonads for a few months at sea, well you cannot expect to be given a free ride once you get to Canada.

Besides all the Aussies and Kiwis need this work the Euro types are taking away. Visit any tourist town in western Canada, plenty running about and they are not young enough for student visas. How do I get on the Aussie/Kiwi work abroad program?

Masked Bandit
10-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by SRT

:clap: Nicely done.

Modelexis
10-07-2010, 12:15 PM
“They are doing jobs that Canadians won’t do,” Karygiannis said.

If Canadians don't want to or aren't willing to the jobs, how can they be said to be taking away jobs from Canadians?

Contradiction alert.

Also, one possible solution might be to remove the minimum wage so that Canadians can compete with immigrants.

I'm not willing to clean toilets for 6$ an hour, so how can I complain about the guy that IS willing?
He's not taking away my job.
It doesn't mean I have a right to demand 20$ an hour to clean the toilets.

ZenOps
10-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Productivity.

Half of the government created jobs in Paris are "cleaning" jobs, which does not create anything, it just barely keeps things running.

Now it can be said that Canadians don't want the dirtier maintaining jobs like cleaning toilets, but in this current economic climate of chronic underemployment even CEO's probably wash their own floors and toilets every so often - just because they have a little bit of extra time.

Which means, no immigration needed or wanted in many countries. A worldwide recession means - stay home, wherever home is.

A toilet does not need to be cleaned twice.

Toma
10-07-2010, 12:35 PM
"I hear" Tim Hortons is doing this... one particular location has 3-4 Russian girls working there that the owner is housing at a local WAREHOUSE!

ExtraSlow
10-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Toma
Tim Hortons is doing this... one particular location has 3-4 Russian girls working there that the owner is housing at a local WAREHOUSE! Pics or it didn't happen.

Toma
10-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Pics or it didn't happen.

Just cause they are Russian does not mean they are attractive lol...

You have the Timmies workers confused with that Russain Bride website on your shortcuts. :poosie:

ExtraSlow
10-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Don't bring me down . . . .

Seanith
10-07-2010, 02:26 PM
I'd prefer a few hundred Europeans than a few hundred Tamils. Amirite?

R-Audi
10-07-2010, 02:44 PM
There are some loopholes to get foreigners working here legally.. one of them is that you have to provide housing for them (with a set rental rate) There are quite a few companies that employ Mexicans like this.

The problem I have with this is that there are quite a few foreign workers here, but its damn near impossible to get a job in another Country. (Australia for example.. they have a 'Hire Local' program.

g-m
10-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Seanith
I'd prefer a few hundred Europeans that a few hundred Tamils. Amirite? yea what the fuck?? They should be on the priority immigration list! They generally speak good english, have excellent work ethic, and they can drive! I'm not understanding the problem.

bignerd
10-08-2010, 12:47 AM
So if they are working illegally then they are most likely not paying taxes or contributing to EI, CPP etc.... Yes they may be doing jobs no one wants to do but they still have to go through the proper channels and processes like everyone else does.

I would assume once they get integrated here and their 6 months is up, customs and immigration have to track these people down and make sure they leave...

Also am surprised we have such a long visitation period... when I went to Japan, Canadians were only allowed to stay a maximum of three months.

ZenOps
10-08-2010, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by g-m
yea what the fuck?? They should be on the priority immigration list! They generally speak good english, have excellent work ethic, and they can drive! I'm not understanding the problem.

Don't need any more drivers... They just drive up parking prices and use up $80 a bbl oil that the US has to try to unsucessfully invade other countries for. $12 to $13 a BBL oil, yes I'd say come over you gas guzzling, six-figure debt loving Euros!

I really don't need to pay $600 a month for parking in downtown Calgary.

LA California, now that its the dirtiest city in the world, now greatly encourages a lifestyle which does not pollute.

RickDaTuner
10-08-2010, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by g-m
yea what the fuck?? They should be on the priority immigration list! They generally speak good english, have excellent work ethic, and they can drive! I'm not understanding the problem.

The few Europeans that I have interviewed and hired for our family run business have been about the laziest sons of bitches out there.
They will complain about everything, and attempt to take breaks for any reason they can find.

The best work ethic from a immigrant worker I have seen, come from Mexicans and other Latin American born people.
they know what it means to make a buck.

I blame all the EU bureaucratic BS, which stems from worker Unions that demand RIDICULOUS privileges for its workers

Oh and Rob Anders is to blame too (just helping you out ZenOps)

ZenOps
10-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Hey if you ask me, its not really hard work Latinos Canada wants right now either.

IMO, its much like the turn of last century. Everyone and their grandma wants a Chinese gold digger (literally) A geologist that can find a couple of $12 Billion gold deposits or $100+ Billion Shale oil deposit.

Chinese have a ridiculously long history and tradition of finding precious metals, which almost seems magical. Even moreso that Japanese and Samurai swordmaking.

"The man is Golden" - Highest praise in Chinese language.

Idratherbsidewayz
10-08-2010, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by ZenOps
Hey if you ask me, its not really hard work Latinos Canada wants right now either.

IMO, its much like the turn of last century. Everyone and their grandma wants a Chinese gold digger (literally) A geologist that can find a couple of $12 Billion gold deposits or $100+ Billion Shale oil deposit.

Chinese have a ridiculously long history and tradition of finding precious metals, which almost seems magical. Even moreso that Japanese and Samurai swordmaking.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the Dutch...

http://emergingyouth.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/goldmember-739926.jpg

InRich
10-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Deytookerjerbs!

KLni3wbndls

LOL fuuuuuck thats funny

CUG
10-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Poland, Greece, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Britain and Hungary. Other hard-hit countries include France, Germany, Korea, Singapore and New Zealand.

That's the funny part; they let everyone in from every other country. I'm completely fine with more Europeans being allowed into Canada. Guess I'll keep voting conservative. They're turning away people with backgrounds that actually put work into building Canada waaay back in the day, instead of moving here to complain about our system. It's unreal.

Seanith
10-08-2010, 01:14 PM

BTW I just saw a Lays commercial last night with some potato farmers that appeared to be asian to me. Can you explain?

jazzyb
10-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by CUG

That's the funny part; they let everyone in from every other country. I'm completely fine with more Europeans being allowed into Canada. Guess I'll keep voting conservative. They're turning away people with backgrounds that actually put work into building Canada waaay back in the day, instead of moving here to complain about our system. It's unreal.

ur fucking hilarious buddy.

jazzyb
10-08-2010, 02:01 PM
send em back, they're illeagaly working and taking jobs away from canadians.

Funny thing is, look how long the Tamil thread got. People bitching about non-whites coming to Canada, but this is acceptable to most.

g-m
10-08-2010, 05:27 PM
yea because my grandparents worked their asses off, built a business, and most importantly, INTEGRATED. As soon as they possibly could they called themselves Canadian and completely embraced our customs and culture. I can say the same about almost all of the korean people I've personally met.

Its no secret why many people have problems with current immigration.

I agree with CUG

calgary403
10-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by g-m
yea because my grandparents worked their asses off, built a business, and most importantly, INTEGRATED. As soon as they possibly could they called themselves Canadian and completely embraced our customs and culture. I can say the same about almost all of the korean people I've personally met.

Its no secret why many people have problems with current immigration.

I agree with CUG

:werd:

My G/F's parents (Vietnamese) have lived here for 20 + years and REFUSE to learn English. That is my problem, immigration shouldn't mean separation. It should mean integration.

SRT
10-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by calgary403

. That is my problem, immigration shouldn't mean separation. It should mean integration.

I totally agree, if they want to come here, fine..but learn our language, integrate and accept...otherwise they can go the fuck back to the 3rd world dictatorship shit-hole they came from and like it.

:english:

I have no problem with Europeans coming here, they built the place.

Scuderia
10-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by SRT

I totally agree, if they want to come here, fine..but learn our language, integrate and accept...otherwise they can go the fuck back to the 3rd world dictatorship shit-hole they came from and like it.

:english:

I have no problem with Europeans coming here, they built the place.

Really? What about the Asians? Or Africans? Or any of the other 40 different "dictatorship shit hole" cultures that helped build Canada?:rolleyes:

ZenOps
10-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Hey, you of course realize that Canada is a Monarchy - which technically means the Queen owns our asses right? She definitely owns Harpers ass - Zing!

The US is the place that is not under dictatorial rule, get your facts straight.

SRT
10-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Scuderia

Really? What about the Asians? Or Africans? Or any of the other 40 different "dictatorship shit hole" cultures that helped build Canada?:rolleyes:

The Africans that have 5 kids from 5 different men and collect 7 different welfare cheque's each month. You mean them?

Scuderia
10-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by SRT

The Africans that have 5 kids from 5 different men and collect 7 different welfare cheque's each month. You mean them?

Yes because everybody from the continent of Africa is either A) A ghetto booty biatch who has 5 different kids from 5 different men, B) A ghetto booty nigga who chills on the block all day and steals your car stereo, or C) A malnutritioned 5 year old with flies hovering around his body who will grow up to be either "A" or "B". Take it easy on the PBS and BET will you bud?

SRT
10-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Hey, you of course realize that Canada is a Monarchy - which technically means the Queen owns our asses right? She definitely owns Harpers ass - Zing!

The US is the place that is not under dictatorial rule, get your facts straight.

Its a great thing..basically means they are obligated to help us fight if we ever get into shit. Back to your "technicalities" though..when was the last time the British made us do anything? Honest question.

SRT
10-08-2010, 06:37 PM

Yes because everybody from the continent of Africa is either A) A ghetto booty biatch who has 5 different kids from 5 different men, B) A ghetto booty nigga who chills on the block all day and steals your car stereo, or C) A malnutritioned 5 year old with flies hovering around his body who will grow up to be either "A" or "B". Take it easy on the PBS and BET will you bud?

LOL :rofl:

I am just stating the stereotype that saps our system. We've all seen it and its your tax dollars. Just sayin'

Scuderia
10-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by SRT

LOL :rofl:

I am just stating the stereotype that saps our system. We've all seen it and its your tax dollars. Just sayin'

Oh okay, I see where you're coming from. I just thought it was another dsr7736 post where he cries about his forefathers building the first toilets in Canada with their bare hands while installing bully dog chips in their "coll rollin" dodge diesels. You are right though, stereotypes are here for a reason. LOL if you think this is bad, go live in a decently ghetto part of the states, THEN you'll really be fond of mooching, useless black people.:rofl:

SRT
10-08-2010, 06:58 PM

Oh okay, I see where you're coming from. I just thought it was another dsr7736 post where he cries about his forefathers building the first toilets in Canada with their bare hands while installing bully dog chips in their "coll rollin" dodge diesels. You are right though, stereotypes are here for a reason. LOL if you think this is bad, go live in a decently ghetto part of the states, THEN you'll really be fond of mooching, useless black people.:rofl:

You couldn't pay me to live in a US ghetto...let alone walk through one LOL There are places just as dangerous in the US as Iraq Iam sure.

Scuderia
10-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by SRT

You couldn't pay me to live in a US ghetto...let alone walk through one LOL There are places just as dangerous in the US as Iraq Iam sure.

Yeah man it's really such a big culture shock, I lived in Canada most of my whole life but when I moved to Texas for a couple of years... WOW. Talk about useless, ignorant, lazy, moronic people of all races, mostly black and mexican. When I moved back here it was such a relief and a feeling of being where you belong. Nowhere in Canada should even be described as "ghetto" when you compare it to the ghetto's of the US.

SRT
10-08-2010, 07:08 PM

Yeah man it's really such a big culture shock, I lived in Canada most of my whole life but when I moved to Texas for a couple of years... WOW. Talk about useless, ignorant, lazy, moronic people of all races, mostly black and mexican. When I moved back here it was such a relief and a feeling of being where you belong. Nowhere in Canada should even be described as "ghetto" when you compare it to the ghetto's of the US.

If you've ever crossed the border at Niagara Falls into Niagara Falls US its a slap to the face right away (low income, welfare, garbage roads, dump)....The Windsor / Detroit crossing is even worse. You look over the Detroit river from Windsor and its hard to fathom how terrible it is just on the other side.

Texas would be bad too...with Mexico right there. I know the feeling about being back...I get it regardless of where I am coming back from..including Europe :D

Scuderia
10-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by SRT

If you've ever crossed the border at Niagara Falls into Niagara Falls US its a slap to the face right away (low income, welfare, garbage roads, dump)....The Windsor / Detroit crossing is even worse. You look over the Detroit river from Windsor and its hard to fathom how terrible it is just on the other side.

Texas would be bad too...with Mexico right there. I know the feeling about being back...I get it regardless of where I am coming back from..including Europe :D

Yeah, I lived in Ontario too so I crossed the border a lot. Europe is actually on a whole different level, I've been to Italy, Spain, Denmark, and some of the Middle East. Nothing compares to the retardation of some parts of America. Europe is actually such a nice place if you have some money and are ready to settle down. Anyways, thread derailed, back to all the immigrants taking Canadian jobs and wasting our tax dollars.

ZenOps
10-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by SRT

Its a great thing..basically means they are obligated to help us fight if we ever get into shit. Back to your "technicalities" though..when was the last time the British made us do anything? Honest question.

They never really *make* us do anything because we never strayed far enough from them to make the King or Queen come down with smiting power upon the masses.

If we can go two years passing two nearly insignificant laws, then nothing has really changed since the good ole' monarchy days... So why would a royal even blink twice.

If someone were to put a Prime Minister instead of a Royal on the coinage, that might be enough for them to make a little bit of noise.

Oh I agree about they are obligated to help protect us is a great thing. Military is one gigantic headache that most people really never want to even think about.

derpderp
10-10-2010, 03:24 AM
They are doing it wrong, they need to get on a boat, be at sea for about a month then show up without warning, then the Canadian government will feed them and give them refugee status.

ZenOps
10-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by derpderp
They are doing it wrong, they need to get on a boat, be at sea for about a month then show up without warning, then the Canadian government will feed them and give them refugee status.

Yes.

The CDN Govt knows that all people that illegally come on planes, from any country are usually drug dealers, drug mules, drug kingpins, Rob Anders, human trafficers, or otherwise not really nice people.

Japan knows this as well, and has already barred Paris Hilton and Steve Jobs from entering the country.

Some billionaires are some of the nastiest people you would ever want to meet, its no wonder they are being barred from some countries nowadays. Bush was probably the last president that could be bought, uh oh is that a FBI truck outside my door, lol.

CUG
10-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by jazzyb
send em back, they're illeagaly working and taking jobs away from canadians.

Funny thing is, look how long the Tamil thread got. People bitching about non-whites coming to Canada, but this is acceptable to most. Not much of anything you say is important, but I wanted to address the content of your post, and well, expose you for the brainless hippie that I believe you to be.

-The tamil thread created havoc because it was believed that there were Tamil Tigers on the boat; people who were directly involved in systematic slaughter of non-compliant and/or non alliance citizens. The issue there being that those people would be allowed to walk freely among the Canadian public. In theory, it would be as bad or worse than turning loose every single murderer in every north American prison - by numbers.

yuck yeah yer funny buddy

And you're not. You're getting annoying.

I have to ask, do you think that people from nations that engage in this type of conflict, people who engage in that type of behaviour, magically change the moment they hit Canadian soil?

Is there a fucking pill they take that automatically makes them respect human life and subscribe to the peaceful Canadian way of life? No, and if you believe there is, you're part of the overall problem.

johnboy27
10-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by g-m
I agree, I have a friend who is a Brit and he came here to work as a truck driver for Rosenau as a way to get into the country and brought his whole family with him. He worked here for nearly 3 years and got the run around by the goverment the whole time, his wife finally got tired of the BS so she called the imigration people out and within a couple days they were told that their application for permanent residency was denied because his work title was written wrong on his application. His employer listed him as a "long haul driver" but he was actually considered a "line haul driver". He was given 2 months to leave the country.
Real bullshit that a brit has this kind of problem, pays big taxes and EI and CPP in Canada for 3 years and thentossed out of the country on a clerical error but places like Tim Hortons etc. can bring over hundreds of Phillipino's with little to no problems.

projekz
10-11-2010, 10:34 PM
I've got mixed emotions about the whole thing.

Today I went to Cross Iron Mills for some shopping. Went to a few stores to buy stuff and I couldn't help but notice how bitchy and rude some of the employees/sales rep/clerks were to me (a paying customer). I then went to South St. Burger to have lunch and I think everyone working there was Philipino. All happy to be serving me and taking my order.

There is something wrong with that picture. I lived in Canada all my life-partly in Vancouver, Montreal and Calgary and I never really experienced that until recently here in Calgary (past 3 years). When we came to Calgary in 2004 and 2005 we thought the people were really nice and helpful but it seem to have changed.

My main concern would be that we are turning into a "Dubai" style society...By this I mean that we are hiring people from other countries to serve and take care of us and therefor putting ourselves on a pedestal on which we look down on everyone else.

I see all the immigrants coming in to work here and it just seems that we can't get any decent service from our fellow Canadians!

I'd rather deal with Canadian people when I go shopping but if they can't be bothered to work properly then I'll deal with a happy immigrant that smiles back and can't understand my order :dunno:

ZenOps
10-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Social conditioning.

When you live in Japan, Billionaires like Paris Hilton or Steve Jobs don't have any more clout than anyone else, they can be banned or arrested at the airport just like any other man. Elbowed on the street, sure you bet... In many ways - this probably is the way it should be, a man is not defined by his dollars afterall. Money only buys respect to those who respect money.

When you come from a poorer country, you are glad to see dollars coming in you are usually just happy to see someone come in the door.

Me - I'm socially conditioned to yell "Rob Anders" whenever something blatantly racist happens. Like ringing a bell to a dog causing salivation at a pork chop dinner.

TomcoPDR
10-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by projekz

I see all the immigrants coming in to work here and it just seems that we can't get any decent service from our fellow Canadians!

I'd rather deal with Canadian people when I go shopping but if they can't be bothered to work properly then I'll deal with a happy immigrant that smiles back and can't understand my order :dunno:

Yep those days are already here. Tried getting my car battery tested at Canadian tire, the "Calgary" high schooler didn't seem to give 2 shits, not till I started hooking up the terminals myself. (he was just on the counter reading his pb, flyer, "tuner mods", etc...)

What's worst is some of the immigrants are already giving attitude to non-white customers too :thumbsdow then you have no choice but to pull out ur senority card. Or go back with a shitload of white friends to mock 'em... Vicious world we live in these days.

TomcoPDR
10-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by projekz

Yep those days are already here.

What's worst is even some of the new immigrants (2-5 years) already have shit attuide towards non-white customers. (i.e. airport service workers)

BMDUBS
10-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Toma
"I hear" Tim Hortons is doing this... one particular location has 3-4 Russian girls working there that the owner is housing at a local WAREHOUSE!

I know someone that owns a Vancouver Timmys doing the Immagrant worker thing. Brazillians and Pilipinos. Ties them into contracts that last years and dangles the hope of citizenship to keep them working for him...

As for European workers, have any of you guys seen the craftsmanship from some of the Eastern block countries let alone the West!? I am a tradesperson and I have to admit that they would put a vast majority of our tradesmen to shame with their quality of work...

BMDUBS
10-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Also as for warehouse, not so much. This guy owns a home that he has 8 + workers living in all payinh $4-500 per month that he payroll deducts. It is a perfect scheme as they pay for the Mortgage on the house and then some!