PDA

View Full Version : Secret Street for Oct. 8

secretstreet
10-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Weather looks grood for Friday so we will be probably holding our last Secret Street event of the year.

We need your attendance as we will be talking about our future at Race City and what we all need to do politically to ensure our existence.

Hope you can all make it.

Gates open at 6PM and the fun begins at 7PM

Modelexis
10-07-2010, 12:45 PM
2009 final night of racing had a huge turnout, hopefully this year is as busy.

Toma
10-07-2010, 01:19 PM
CRAP!

Last one?

My tranny is broke ;(

Well, spectating for me then I guess :thumbsup:

blackpeople
10-07-2010, 01:24 PM
*probably* i think he means if the weather holds up

Toma
10-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by blackpeople
*probably* i think he means if the weather holds up

oooh oooh!!!!

Exciting!

IntegraG2
10-07-2010, 01:57 PM
I will try to make it out. If not race, might spectate

JaGinla
10-07-2010, 02:12 PM
i have work off tomorrow and im planning to come
however i never went before =[

anything i should know before coming?

and can anyone come with me to go down? ill be university area and can meet you there then head down together if possible.

thanks in advance!
pm me!!

AllGoNoShow
10-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Bringing some euro trash with me, see you there!!

Still closing at 11pmish or hoping to run a little later for the last night of the year???

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Someone please lend me/sell me/rent me a Dataloggit so I can get my car tuned tomorrow!

texasnick
10-07-2010, 04:39 PM
I thought I might end up missing the last secret street of the year.:cry:

Heading to Vancouver tonight :(

syritis
10-08-2010, 03:55 AM
can anyone inform me if wheel spacers are allowed on non drive wheel? Ie on the fronts of a rwd car?
would be nice to not have to use my 255wide r-comp tires on the front. maybe the lesser weight will get me into the 11s

Modelexis
10-08-2010, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by syritis
can anyone inform me if wheel spacers are allowed on non drive wheel? Ie on the fronts of a rwd car?
would be nice to not have to use my 255wide r-comp tires on the front. maybe the lesser weight will get me into the 11s

Don't be so worried about every little detail, just bring your car and run it.
Spacers don't even cross the mind of the tech that looks over your car.
Also, no, spacers will not get you in the 11's ;)

Sorath
10-08-2010, 09:53 AM
I call 13s on the rx7

Modelexis
10-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Sorath
I call 13s on the rx7

I'll put my money on 14.00 or slower

yipb
10-08-2010, 12:09 PM
anyone by the uni going to secret streets tonight?
i wanna run my car but i have no idea what to do

GOnSHO
10-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by yipb
anyone by the uni going to secret streets tonight?
i wanna run my car but i have no idea what to do

take it down, bring 20.00 to pay to race, get in the tech line, fill out the paper, hand it to the tech, answer his questions, get in line to race!!

pretty straight forward :D good luck :thumbsup:

yipb
10-08-2010, 12:54 PM
and are there usually lots of new people going down there usually?

it might be kinda scary to just go and not know anyone

blackpeople
10-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Its $25 to race and if you are running an rsx chances are you dont need a helmet, make sure your subs are bolted down if you have subs, Tires must have decent amount of tread, seat belt must work, you need all lugnuts, and no junk in your trunk.

blackpeople
10-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Kasem are you racing your junk?

GOnSHO
10-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Its $25 to race and if you are running an rsx chances are you dont need a helmet, make sure your subs are bolted down if you have subs, Tires must have decent amount of tread, seat belt must work, you need all lugnuts, and no junk in your trunk.

ahhhhh yes... good call kino, you are you are correct.. 25.00

gretz
10-08-2010, 01:08 PM
and are there usually lots of new people going down there usually?

it might be kinda scary to just go and not know anyone

You are overthinking it... Just go, run your car, have a good time... the world isn't that scary lol

EvolizePhoto
10-08-2010, 01:24 PM
ill be there for pictures

lellowrx7
10-08-2010, 01:56 PM
I'll be there in my black talon tsi. Most likely running against my buddys red tsi. Root for the black one I wanna put him in his place :p

blackpeople
10-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by lellowrx7
I'll be there in my black talon tsi. Most likely running against my buddys red tsi. Root for the black one I wanna put him in his place :p
can i join the tsi party? lol kidding. i'll come say hi. Im driving my talon too:D

Sorath
10-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Kasem are you racing your junk?

My manifold is still leaking and its not tuned, im out for the season

lellowrx7
10-08-2010, 06:24 PM

can i join the tsi party? lol kidding. i'll come say hi. Im driving my talon too:D

Haha you should I'm sure yours is the best outta all 3. My down pipe decided it didn't want to stay bolted up anymore so I got it shit rigged up. Still works just kind of leaks some fumes. Windows down and I Won't die :D

Modelexis
10-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Some great racing tonite,

Lots of stoppages due to a multitude of issues from time slips to light to people falling over guard rails? and general retardary.

I really enjoyed the announcer, very funny, very entertaining, he did an all around great job and it's nice to hear an announcer with some personality. Great job.

Sleeper of the night I gotta give to the white 240 with blue underglow, which threw down a 13 flat the one run I saw.

There was 2 new gernation civics running turbochargers and doing quite well.
The black one with white wheels ran a 14.xx and then had some wheelspin issues the next run I saw.
there was another civic, quite fast, I think he was in the 13's.

I would like to give a shoutout to the douchebag in the slammed white CRX which if I'm not mistaken was banned not to long ago from beyond.

God knows what went wrong with his car and he coasted through at a 23.xx and so the safety truck went out to make sure he wasn't broken down and needed assistance, and he gets into the backfield and from what I can gather he ripped it through the backfield as fast and as dangerously as he could and returned to the slip line where he was confronted by the fire/ems crew driving the safety truck in front of the hundreds of spectators watching him make a total fool of himself.

This kid makes fucking up his job. :clap: :facepalm:

Redlined_8000
10-08-2010, 11:28 PM
LOL at that guy in the white crx. He looked hilarious. Strait up douche.

Nice night though

PD77
10-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis
Some great racing tonite,

Lots of stoppages due to a multitude of issues from time slips to light to people falling over guard rails? and general retardary.

I really enjoyed the announcer, very funny, very entertaining, he did an all around great job and it's nice to hear an announcer with some personality. Great job.

Sleeper of the night I gotta give to the white 240 with blue underglow, which threw down a 13 flat the one run I saw.

There was 2 new gernation civics running turbochargers and doing quite well.
The black one with white wheels ran a 14.xx and then had some wheelspin issues the next run I saw.
there was another civic, quite fast, I think he was in the 13's.

I would like to give a shoutout to the douchebag in the slammed white CRX which if I'm not mistaken was banned not to long ago from beyond.

God knows what went wrong with his car and he coasted through at a 23.xx and so the safety truck went out to make sure he wasn't broken down and needed assistance, and he gets into the backfield and from what I can gather he ripped it through the backfield as fast and as dangerously as he could and returned to the slip line where he was confronted by the fire/ems crew driving the safety truck in front of the hundreds of spectators watching him make a total fool of himself.

This kid makes fucking up his job. :clap: :facepalm:

A friend who I was there with had come with his girlfriend and her 2 daughters. The reason the ambulance had to go up top was because the younger girl fell off of the top of the slide in the playground and landed on her head...last I heard they were going to the Children's Hospital for x-rays but she should be okay.

The CRX was a joke...sit n spin for 10 seconds, line up at the tree, then run a 20 second pass haha.

Modelexis
10-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by PD77
The reason the ambulance had to go up top was because the younger girl fell off of the top of the slide in the playground and landed on her head...last I heard they were going to the Children's Hospital for x-rays but she should be okay.

Ouch, that's not good. Hopefully everything checks out and shes able to enjoy the rest of the long weekend.

Ekliptix
10-09-2010, 07:37 AM
The 9.1 second new mustang cobra jet was the highlight of the night.
The guy with the white regular cab shortbox ford deisel was not brake-boosting for his launch. I have no idea why. The turbo didn't get wound up until 200' out.

streethondas
10-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Booo The timer thing broke when I ran, had to wait 2hours for my turn :banghead:

The guy with the white Crx's speed sensor broke so he could not hit VTEC lol

yipb
10-09-2010, 09:14 AM
too bad the time thing wasn't working
although i did bad, would have been a good memory!

thanks zee for helping me out last night!

B20EF
10-09-2010, 09:20 AM

I saw a run of 12.97 for him, definately surprising

sr20s14zenki
10-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by streethondas
Booo The timer thing broke when I ran, had to wait 2hours for my turn :banghead:

The guy with the white Crx's speed sensor broke so he could not hit VTEC lol VTACCCCCCCCCCCC

Man, its too bad my tires were bald and i dont have slicks in the budget this year, i could guarantee a high 11 from my s13. Bah, next year maybe....

veedubin69
10-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
VTACCCCCCCCCCCC

Man, its too bad my tires were bald and i dont have slicks in the budget this year, i could guarantee a high 11 from my s13. Bah, next year maybe....

yo man, its the guy with the audi

gratz on your time bro, I think your car will do better w/slicks too, you know how to drive that car

next year you better be ready for me cause i have a suprise for you! hehe

Redlined_8000
10-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by streethondas

The guy with the white Crx's speed sensor broke so he could not hit VTEC lol

Just curious, where you in the red Ek with a sanded down hood?

syritis
10-09-2010, 03:26 PM
I call 13s on the rx7

my rx7? my best time so far is 12.46 @ 110.3 on a completely stock drive train from the clutch back.
now that the solo season is done i'm a little more willing to grenade the trans so hopefully i'll be able to make it into 11's if next week if it's still running.

gpomp
10-09-2010, 03:30 PM
15.7 @ 88 in the white car

lellowrx7
10-09-2010, 04:02 PM
For being fwd and runnin 12psi I ran alright. 15.7 @ 88.

Sorath
10-09-2010, 04:04 PM

yup you're as fast as a civic :poosie:

Modelexis
10-09-2010, 04:14 PM
yup you're as fast as a civic :poosie:

As long as the civic is not turbocharged ;)

Sorath
10-09-2010, 04:23 PM
its not, its a stock civic

blackpeople
10-09-2010, 04:34 PM
hmm something is funny about that. what does your car have for mods?

cjmr34
10-09-2010, 05:20 PM

In what dimension is a 240 ever considered a sleeper

lellowrx7
10-09-2010, 05:37 PM

hmm something is funny about that. what does your car have for mods?

Lots of 2g mods

Only problem was a bolt came off my down pipe. I have it rigged up with wires holding it in place but the actual pipe is half attached giving me no low end pull. It fell down when I was rippin home one night so the bottom is all scraped up. Gotta wait till pay day to grab a turbo back exhaust setup. Hopefully race citys open one more time. No way I wanna be anything like a civic :p

88CRX
10-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by cjmr34

In what dimension is a 240 ever considered a sleeper

When it has a huge body kit and blue underglow.

cjmr34
10-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Oh I always thought that cars that looked like they should be fast and are, arn't sleepers

cream
10-09-2010, 08:44 PM
When does the next season start up again?

streethondas
10-09-2010, 11:42 PM

thanks zee for helping me out last night!
No problem dude

Originally posted by Redlined_8000

Just curious, where you in the red Ek with a sanded down hood?

No I was in a black hatch, I ran with a rsx

Rsx hit 16.05 and the right lanes timer wasn't working so im guessing I was around the 17 mark

Modelexis
10-10-2010, 02:23 AM
The 240 was in the tech line when I got there and he had the underglow turned on while waiting in tech.
I chuckled to myself thinking "your out of your element buddy, this isn't home depot parking lot"

But I ate my words, quick assed car.

Shlade
10-10-2010, 03:32 AM
Dave where the hell are the pics... youve been slacking big time!!

sr20s14zenki
10-10-2010, 08:27 AM
The 240 was in the tech line when I got there and he had the underglow turned on while waiting in tech.
I chuckled to myself thinking "your out of your element buddy, this isn't home depot parking lot"

But I ate my words, quick assed car.

A stock sr20det, with boost up, exhaust, and intake can run mid 13s all day long. I dont think my s14 ever ran any slower than 13.7. All it takes is a good driver, which apparently he is (=

I have an adr wing on mine, as a joke. Had a few people pull up beside me laughing, but quickly dealt with them, mostly muscle cars/diesel trucks :D

here it is, in all its shitty glory....it has 11s in it.

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/ca18det240sx/SDC10443.jpg

Note the shitty wing...when i get a new hatch it wont be going back on

:devil:

Revhard
10-10-2010, 09:17 AM
240's are far from heavy. Simple bolt-ons should be 13's all day for sure.
Now, if he has underglow, you'd have to assume he had stereo crap too.
My buddy got his into the 11's on a road-race set-up and non-drag tires.
RWD +lightweight is a good combo if you can nail the launch.
What's with all the terrible RSX drivers? I hope that was a base model.

sr20s14zenki
10-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Revhard

That, and the sr20det just has an amazing powerband IMO, its very linear, and makes power everywhere, depending on what mods you do to it. It responds very well, to very little. As well, they are stout as hell. Ive blown a few, but only because of personal error with detonation (im on the learning curve). Toma with his s14, pulled HARD on a new shelby gt500 mustank, and hes only making 330 whp. Gretz ALSO pulled on a gt500 mustank and hes only making 270 whp. The sr20 just.....it just rocks *tears*:cry:

yipb
10-10-2010, 11:46 AM

=[

first time ever on a track and i had no idea how to launch, still dont....

Modelexis
10-10-2010, 01:05 PM
You did a fine job your first time out yipb. :thumbsup:

Revhard
10-10-2010, 01:33 PM

=[

first time ever on a track and i had no idea how to launch, still dont....

It's a type-s?
What tires do you have? You have to launch like a banshee. It has to spin and not hook before v-tec. Worst thing to do is take your foot out of it.
Do a dry burnout in front of the burn-out box, driving around the water.
At the very worst, do 1/2 throttle until it hooks if it spins too much. If you have anything smaller than 17" rims, let some air out of the tires.
I'm not trying to be an ass. I'm so willing to help, so should other guys who have been there. Honda's aren't like Mustangs. You don't just hop in and run 13's. Launching is a PITA, and you have to drive it like you stole it down the track to keep the rpm's up.
Stockish type-s times range from 14.7-15.7. The air has alot to do with it, and drivers. I'm not perfect, but I got the rsx down at various modding stages through asking questions and racing the piss out of it.
Any mods? Motor mounts?

yipb
10-10-2010, 01:58 PM

It's a type-s?
What tires do you have? You have to launch like a banshee. It has to spin and not hook before v-tec. Worst thing to do is take your foot out of it.
Do a dry burnout in front of the burn-out box, driving around the water.
At the very worst, do 1/2 throttle until it hooks if it spins too much. If you have anything smaller than 17" rims, let some air out of the tires.
I'm not trying to be an ass. I'm so willing to help, so should other guys who have been there. Honda's aren't like Mustangs. You don't just hop in and run 13's. Launching is a PITA, and you have to drive it like you stole it down the track to keep the rpm's up.
Stockish type-s times range from 14.7-15.7. The air has alot to do with it, and drivers. I'm not perfect, but I got the rsx down at various modding stages through asking questions and racing the piss out of it.
Any mods? Motor mounts?

yeah its a type s, only mod i have is a cai.
the tires are all-season tires.

the thing is i drove into race city not knowing anything =[
i guess i have done some "research" for the past couple days but didnt really had the chance to practice.... even then i might have still been doing it wrong.

however im planning on going race city again probably next year and try and get better time

cjmr34
10-10-2010, 07:52 PM

A stock sr20det, with boost up, exhaust, and intake can run mid 13s all day long. I dont think my s14 ever ran any slower than 13.7. All it takes is a good driver, which apparently he is (=

I have an adr wing on mine, as a joke. Had a few people pull up beside me laughing, but quickly dealt with them, mostly muscle cars/diesel trucks :D

my point exactly that sleeper car at the track has a super t28 and cams and boost up as you put it but I do understand what modelexis meant by expecting it to be slow now cause of the underglow lights

vancouvergold
10-11-2010, 09:54 AM

Front bumper looks pretty good Evan ;)

italianstylez
10-23-2010, 04:50 AM
That og crx ended up running a 14.913 @ 92.99 so give some props to a brother that hand built that basically back yard buuild in his garage. If you met the guy , he knows his honda like the back of his hand give some respect to a real tuner.. He would defs help you with your honda to get it fin, if you had issues but take it ez .