PDA

View Full Version : Road Debris

sexualbanana
10-08-2010, 09:40 AM
In the last 18 months, I've had to either patch (or buy new) 8 tires due to having a nail or some other kind of debris puncturing the tire.

I think it might be because I have to drive through a number of road and housing construction everyday going to and from work, but I'm wondering if anyone else is running into the same problem?

2BLUE
10-08-2010, 09:43 AM
No flats here!

Cos
10-08-2010, 09:52 AM
I had one last year. I dont drive through many sites however. Most sites I visit are pre-construction.

ddduke
10-08-2010, 09:56 AM
I am all the time and if you live in/need to drive through construction areas you're going to get tons.

It's because:
-lazy ass construction workers just whip garbage into the bins never trying to aim
-they load down their trucks and shit falls out (see this every day)
-don't even bother properly cleaning their sites so all left over scraps, wood, hardware, etc. is just whipped onto the un-poured driveway or back of the house and eventually gets dragged or blown onto the road

Also, before some construction worker comes in to start shit talking me about how clean he is and how I'm out to lunch. I'm in the construction industry and it's just what I've observed, I'm not trying to make any industry look bad.

LEGiiT
10-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Somewhat recently, I found bolt in my left rear tire, requiring me to replace both rear tires, $1400 for some lazy ass construction workers inability to clean up their mess is just retarded.