PDA

View Full Version : Falcon Lake Texas Shooting

2BLUE
10-08-2010, 02:39 PM
I think this woman is lying. First off that machine she was ridding is a RXP which is 215hp small boat which could out run any fishing/ warden boat. Pull the drain plugs on the husbands seadoo and it sinks! Also you would need the tether to ride that seadoo as it has DESS!

Mr. Hartley was allegedly shot in the head Sept. 30 by Mexican "pirates" while jet-skiing on Falcon Lake, a 60-mile-long basin straddling the US-Mexico border. His wife, Tiffany, claims the couple entered Mexican waters on Jet Skis to photograph a church, where they were pursued by criminals in speedboats. Neither his body nor his Jet Ski has been found.

His unsolved killing is not a one-off incident in Mexico. While the numbers vary, most groups put the impunity rate here at up to 98 percent, says Ms. Meyer. The number of those actually reporting crime to authorities in the first place is also low, at just about a quarter, due to fears that authorities are incompetent, at best, or corrupt, at worst.

The search effort had been temporarily suspended, according to the Associated Press, because of fears of ambushes from drug gangs, who operate along this stretch of the US-Mexico border. Mexican authorities told the Monitor that they stop searching each evening for fear of attacks.

Mexico 'irresponsible,' says Texas governor
Texas Gov. Rick Perry put pressure on the Mexican authorities to move forward regardless.

"I don't think we're doing enough. When you call off the search the way they did ... and give as the reason because the drug cartels are in control of that part of the state, something's not right," Mr. Perry was quoted by the AP as saying. "We do not need to let our border continue to deteriorate from the standpoint of having drug cartels telling whether or not we can go in and bring the body of an American citizen who was killed. That is irresponsible."

Another Link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1319013/Ill-lie-detector-test-Wife-missing-jetskier-vows-prove-killed-Mexican-pirates.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Kloubek
10-08-2010, 02:54 PM
How about a link so we don't have to go searching the net for what you're talking about?

2BLUE
10-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Its on TV for a week how can you miss it...

Turn on CNN lol

cet
10-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Here's a link:

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/08/mexico.us.shooting/index.html

Supa Dexta
10-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by 2BLUE
I think this woman is lying. First off that machine she was ridding is a RXP which is 215hp small boat which could out run any fishing/ warden boat. Pull the drain plugs on the husbands seadoo and it sinks! Also you would need the tether to ride that seadoo as it has DESS!

What are you talking about..?

roopi
10-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Pirates in a lake? How do you get a pirate ship into a lake? Impossible this has to be fake. :rofl:

Scuderia
10-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by roopi
Pirates in a lake? How do you get a pirate ship into a lake? Impossible this has to be fake. :rofl:

:facepalm: Either you're a moron, or my sarcasm detector is broken. I'm guessing you're a moron...

roopi
10-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Scuderia

:facepalm: Either you're a moron, or my sarcasm detector is broken. I'm guessing you're a moron...

No I figured it out. It's probably the same way they get pirate ships into a bottle right?

Scuderia
10-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by roopi

No I figured it out. It's probably the same way they get pirate ships into a bottle right?

LOL well played. Carry on.

ryder_23
10-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by 2BLUE

The drain plugs on the back? Its not going to sink instantly, I've ridden with them open and nothing happened. Maybe a little water got in, but nothing that would sink it as fast as your making it sound.

Supa Dexta
10-08-2010, 08:19 PM
I think what he is trying to say in that mess of words is;

She could have shot the guy, then pulled the plugs and let it sink (which it would within a few minutes not running).

+ Something about how fast her ski is, (why this matters I'm not sure if there weren't any actual bad guys chasing her)

++ And something about having a tether cord.. Which of course she would have since she was on her own ski.

:dunno: :facepalm:

But, She would be pretty stupid to do all that. Shes making up an elaborate story that she can't possibly keep up. If you are going to kill someone do it quietly, make them dissapear, and for god sakes don't make up a big story involving other countries, pirates, gun fights.. etc. Never admit you know anything about it, don't dump the body in a field or ditch and don't be the one to bring it to the cops attention that someone is dead/missing. Come on people, this is a murder, not a movie plot you're creating.