PDA

View Full Version : I worked for 3 days, but only got paid for 2

astoria
10-08-2010, 05:24 PM
I worked at Lucky Market 3 months ago... around the end of June... and my manager said she'll pay me the first day of training 3 months later. I quit in June too okay, I quit in the first week I worked. I worked a total of 3 days and then I called and asked the manager if it was okay if I didn't come anymore and she said ok. So basically, I quit.

And they did pay me for the two days a week later. So I called and asked about the other day I worked and the manager said she'll pay me for the first day of training 3 months later.

Ok. It's way over 3 months. I finally called again, today, and now the manager is saying that since I didn't pass the probation, they aren't going to pay me the first day of training. I told her that I called her months ago, and she had said I had to wait 3 months to get paid. But now she's telling me that I didn't understand her before and that she's not going to pay me that first day of work.

Ok. I know it's just one day of work but I worked 8 hours and I really don't want to be cheated out of my money even if it's such a tiny amount. This was the first place I worked and it was quite awful but that's not the point. I just... really don't know what to do now. Is there anything I can do? I feel so stupid.

chkolny541
10-08-2010, 05:38 PM
honestly any recourse past confronting the manager about it really isnt worth your time haha.

Lets just create a beyond donation fund to raise the 50$ that your out.

or ask 89coupe, he wipes his ass with 100$ bills

astoria
10-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Is there really nothing I can do?

This isn't about the money... I just... feel completely lied to and mislead.

Scuderia
10-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Wow man are the long pauses really necessary? You make it sound like you got raped by a polar bear.

astoria
10-08-2010, 06:15 PM
I guess the pauses aren't necessary. I just feel hurt right now and mad at myself for my credulousness. I'll probably get over all this by tomorrow but right now, I don't really know how to feel or what to do. I know, somewhere in my head, that it's actually a very small thing and that's it's only around $70 or $80 but I'm just too sensitive for my own good. I'm mostly mad about the fact that I wasted 3 months believing in something that wasn't true. I just reallyreallyreally hate how I feel lied to.

Unknown303
10-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Well then maybe you shouldn't have quit after 3 days. If you work for the 3 months sure I could see them re-embursing you for the training day but really 3 days?? :dunno:

Scuderia
10-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by astoria
I guess the pauses aren't necessary. I just feel hurt right now and mad at myself for my credulousness. I'll probably get over all this by tomorrow but right now, I don't really know how to feel or what to do. I know, somewhere in my head, that it's actually a very small thing and that's it's only around $70 or $80 but I'm just too sensitive for my own good. I'm mostly mad about the fact that I wasted 3 months believing in something that wasn't true. I just reallyreallyreally hate how I feel lied to.

Holy shit man you'll be okay I promise. Believe me, you're going to encounter problems that are 10x worse in the real world when you're older. You'll also lose/waste alot more money then the $60 your boss ripped you off for. You'll be okay man, dont jump. It's not worth it. We care about you.

lint
10-08-2010, 07:28 PM

contact the labour board. they can't not pay you for training. not only that, they must pay you within 10 days of your last day all monies owed.

Phenix
10-08-2010, 07:40 PM
You'll put more effort into fighting that shit than its worth.

astoria
10-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
Well then maybe you shouldn't have quit after 3 days. If you work for the 3 months sure I could see them re-embursing you for the training day but really 3 days?? :dunno:
If I had known so, I would not have agreed to work there at all. Thank you anyways.

Originally posted by Scuderia

Holy shit man you'll be okay I promise. Believe me, you're going to encounter problems that are 10x worse in the real world when you're older. You'll also lose/waste alot more money then the $60 your boss ripped you off for. You'll be okay man, dont jump. It's not worth it. We care about you.
You are funny. You made me laugh. Thanks.

Originally posted by lint

contact the labour board. they can't not pay you for training. not only that, they must pay you within 10 days of your last day all monies owed.
Thank you. Thank you so much. I wish I knew this sooner. Thank you.

Originally posted by Phenix
You'll put more effort into fighting that shit than its worth.

It is worth it to me. My feelings matter. My self-respect will go down if I let someone get away with purposely deceiving me without trying to do ANYTHING about it. Even if what I do doesn't work, I'll feel better for doing SOMETHING and that's what truly matters to me. Thank you anyways.

----

I feel a lot better now. I talked to my best friends about it, something I should've done first. I am sorry for being so emotional and over-reacting completely. Thank you very much anyways everyone.

A790
10-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Dude... it's like $90. Honestly. Sometimes you just have to learn when to fight your battles.

kvg
10-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by lint

contact the labour board.

Hopefully its not worth their time and they will just pay up.
:dunno:

cgyITguy
10-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Emotional and over-reacting that's just weird....can i ask how old you are ? Like another poster said....in the real world this shit happens and a LOT worse things will happen to you in life.

I've never seen anyone need this type of counseling and re-assurance over like $80 for working 3 days and getting paid for two.....that's just bizarre man

maxomilll
10-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Just walk into the place, demand your dolla bills. Tell em your gonna make a big stink over the issue. Labor board, reputation, bla bla. Be tough about it, and they'll probably just pay you. Plus if really all you want is self respect, it'll make you feel better knowing you stood up for yourself.

maxomilll
10-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Oh and, do your self a favor, All these mundane useless corp jobs like ''lucky market'' are all the same, try not attach your self so emotionally next time and put so much fundamental belief in em, in my own experience they all lack some serious integrity. At teh end of the day your just a number in there system.

dandia89
10-13-2010, 04:49 PM
You should feel ashamed you wasted the company's time and money to hire you only to have you quit after 3 days. How can you even judge a job without working a few weeks at least.

ReflexFX
10-13-2010, 04:55 PM

If its not about the money, maybe you could ask for them to hold your hand and apoligize to you?:dunno:

gatorade
10-13-2010, 05:23 PM
you should pay your employer 80 bucks for wasting their time for quitting after only 3 days of work unless you were physically or mentally abused at work