PDA

View Full Version : 5th Gen Prelude Owners: doner needed

Modelexis
10-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Found a donor, thread can be closed!

Cliff notes:
-My ABS is not functioning.
-Looking for someone to swap control units to test and see if this is the problem.

Long story short, bought the car for a great price, turns out the abs light was removed from the cluster, no big deal.

My tires have good tread but are a bit poor in the rain and I wanted to give myself a bit of an advantage.

I did some diagnostics, it was showing 2 codes, 51 and 53.
Motor Lock and
Motor Stuck ON

Reset the codes as per the manual and as per the manual motor lock code did not return.

that leaves me with just code 53, and the manual suggests that the abs control box is to blame.

So the quickest and easiest way for me to see if this is the case is to either give someone my box to plug into their car, or their box plugged into my car.

So, If anyone has a prelude that they don't mind pulling and swapping abs computers with me for a few minutes to see if it solves my problem.

If you are willing to help, pm me.
I would just meet you and plug in a box, clear the codes and start the motor back up and go for a short drive and go back and check for any codes.

Fairly straight forward.

I will be pulling my box sat morning, so if anyone feels like helping me out, the best time for me might be sat afternoon or sunday morning/afternoon.

It's the long weekend so I don't expect anyone to go out of their way to help me out, especially since this is not an emergency.
So if not, you can pm me and let me know when would be a good time in the future to meet up and do a 5 min swap and check.

Thanks.

I've attached a diagram if you aren't sure what I'm talking about or how to remove it.

http://www.modelexis.com/beyond/abs.jpg

Modelexis
10-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Control unit is now out of the car, its very easy to remove, two bolts holding in the unit on top and then 3 bolts to remove the control unit.

The top bolt is tricky to get to because its high and behind the lower dash area.

I will sweeten the deal by offering to remove your unit and reinstall after the test is done.

I called Honda and they won't test the unit itself, they wanna hook the car up to their computer and do some Xmen shit to it, and I'm not gonna pay shop labor so they can play Frankenstein with my car.

If you are willing to help, but just don't feel like getting under the dash and removing the unit this may be an option that appeals to you.

Let me know!

00redLUDE
10-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Check pm

97luder
10-16-2010, 10:23 PM
did you get it figured out ? if not PM me

Modelexis
10-17-2010, 03:06 PM
^^
Thanks for the concern,

00redLUDE helped me out and went out of his way to test my unit with his, really nice guy.

My unit turned out to not be the issue, so I will be booking an appointment at honda to have them put it on their machine to trace the problem.

:thumbsup: