PDA

View Full Version : LF: Website Developer for Photography Business

mobius
10-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Can anyone here recommend a quality website developer for a Flash based website? It would be for an established photography business. She likes to do things old school (proofs on paper, in person), but times and competition demand a jump into cyberspace as well.

ercchry
10-09-2010, 06:59 PM
why flash? flash does not work on apple products (iphone, ipad, etc) and a lot of people have apple products...

adam c
10-09-2010, 07:39 PM
html5 is the new flash

mobius
10-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
why flash? flash does not work on apple products (iphone, ipad, etc) and a lot of people have apple products...

I'm just helping out my Fiance's friend with finding a developer, and the information I was given is that she wants the fluid/seamless/artistic feel you see in some photographer portfolios, usually associated with flash. Or at least as far has either of us know. I personally didn't know that apple products don't support flash, the only apple product I've ever purchased was an Ipod Nano.

Originally posted by adam c
html5 is the new flash

That is good to know, and from a quick Google search it does work with apple as well :)

tch7
10-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Flash is garbage. Resource-heavy, incompatibility issues, poor for search engine optimization. It's ok if used sparingly, but it shouldn't be the backbone of the site given the much better alternatives that now exist.

Depending on her requirements, I could potentially offer my services. I've been into designing websites for a decade or so, but always as more of a hobby so I would not consider myself a seasoned pro. I'm pretty busy at the moment with redeveloping my own photography website, but if you can't find anybody else, feel free to give me a shout.

oogaboogie
10-11-2010, 01:59 AM
http://www.wix.com/photographer/website

This is what i've used in the past... seems to work fine for what I need it to do.

Plus it's free