PDA

View Full Version : Thankful??...

EK 2.0
10-10-2010, 12:32 PM
So another turkeyday is upon us here at beyond.ca...

And for those of you that are into this sort of thing...I am just curious to know what you all might be thankful for this holiday??

And two things...I know I will get the troll type answers and that is fine...just idiots will be idiots...and secondly...Why would you only be thankful today...or this weekend, and not ALL the time for the things in your respective lives you might be thankful for??....just wondering...

But yeah, let them rip...let's hear what you all have to say...

G-ZUS
10-10-2010, 12:35 PM
I thank god everyday for my health, for having what I have and who I have surrounding me

sr20s14zenki
10-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Happy to have a job that pays me enough to keep a roof over my head, and my wife and baby boy fed. I tend to reflect on how fortunate i am all the time, but its days like today that remind us, being with family, etc.

Cos
10-10-2010, 12:37 PM
I am thankful that the fiance and I have been spared some of the pain this year other families have faced.

I have been promoted, the wife has done great in school, we bought a house, paid off a lot of debt, got her a motorbike, and am getting married.

This is a good year for us so I am very thankful for everything this year. The horeshoe up my ass is very much appreciated.

Jlude
10-10-2010, 12:48 PM
I am not thankful for Apple products at this moment.

I guess I'm thankful for the life I lead... the opportunities that I've been given. My health, my family, my dog. Need to step back from the big picture sometimes and recognize the real important stuff... I'm often blinded by money at times.

Awd-Tsi
10-10-2010, 12:56 PM
I am thankful for my mother, my father, sometimes my sister. Very thankful for my car that takes me wherever I need to go, and the solo liquor store that's just up the hill.

Thankful for my xbox and halo reach, and for my cat.

Thankful for good health and living in a country that does not have wars going on 24/7.

baygirl
10-10-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm thankful for the fact that my daughter is happy and healthy, and for my amazing friends who've proven lately just how great they are.
I'm also thankful for the life I live. As bad as it seems sometimes, it could always be worse. And I remind myself of that everyday, not just today.

old&slow
10-10-2010, 01:26 PM
For the gravy that my wife makes when she makes that turkey...best anywhere in western Canada!

ericchoweg
10-10-2010, 01:41 PM
thankful for family always there in a pinch and knowing you have that group of people that you can count on no matter what and family includes friends as well

my health my car doing ok in school lol beyond im thankful for beyond lol

syritis
10-10-2010, 01:51 PM
i'm thankful my motor has survived full season of solo1 and my parents haven't kicked my broke ass out on the street.
(I know that seems very counter intuitive, but solo1 is pretty much my only expense that is for me. the rest of my income is bills and interest)

other then that it's been a year of diminishing health, increased dept, emotional despair and lack luster work returns.

KRyn
10-10-2010, 01:51 PM
I am thankful first and foremost for living in the greatest country in the world! Go Canada Go! Despite some of the ridiculous shit that happens here I am free to pursue my dreams and aspirations as I see fit. Provided with numerous handouts to help me live a productive and fulfilling life.

My health, family, friends and for the most part the entire beyond.ca community.

I hope everyone has a great long weekend filled with lots of food, family, friends and cheer!

sillysod
10-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Thankful for wife....

:thumbsup: for batting out of your league. haha (and she's screwed now cause we have a kid -- she's stuck with me)

Kloubek
10-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by KRyn
I am thankful first and foremost for living in the greatest country in the world!

100% agreed.

Guillermo
10-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by KRyn
I am thankful first and foremost for living in the greatest country in the world! Go Canada Go!

i was going to say this but you and kloubek beat me to it. :( so X3, i suppose.

oh, and I also love thanksgiving food. mmm, cheese sauce....

Meback
10-10-2010, 02:18 PM
I am thankful for the start of my new career, my health, and being blessed with my friends and family. I am hoping for everyone around me good healthy, prosperity, and to be able to overcome all challenges along the way.

Jeremiah
10-10-2010, 02:22 PM
I am thankful for the things I normally take for Granted.

Clean Water, Electricity, Not living in a poverty stricken country.

A Great Family, Great Friends, beyond.ca

almerick
10-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Family, friends, food, my dog, pretty much everything I have right now. Can't really complain much.

xxviet
10-10-2010, 03:43 PM
i am thankful for being alive

RecoilS14
10-10-2010, 06:35 PM
I am thankful that I am no longer unemployed and on WCB. I'm VERY thankful that the injury i suffered this year is not 100% debilitating.

Other than that, i'm thankful for the good stuff people usually say on this day.

Kritafo
10-10-2010, 06:59 PM
I am thankful to my husband and 2 wonderful children that have supported me though a very tough year. Thankful for my friends and my health. I know how in an instant it can all be taken away.

1-Bar
10-10-2010, 09:56 PM
.....direct-port nitrous injection, 4 core intercoolers, ball bearing turbos, and titanium valve springs, Amen. :thumbsup:

Serious note: thankful for all that I am blessed with; friends, family and a roof over my head

Swank
10-11-2010, 01:15 PM
One month away from being mortgage free, just met a fantastic woman, and I'm in the best shape/health of my life. For all that and more I am extremely thankful.

KristenA
10-11-2010, 02:27 PM
This Year has been difficult health-wise for a large part of my family. So today I am thankful that my mom had her heart surgery, my brother survived his colon cancer and my brother in law his major surgery for a bowel/bladder infection (causing him to have to have a chunk of each removed). I Am thankful that all of the above mentioned people are recovering and doing well. I am also thankful for all my family and friends and their love and support.

Redlyne_mr2
10-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Thankful for my health and for all my awesome friends and family.

austic
10-11-2010, 04:40 PM
I am thankful to have one last holiday dinner with my whole extended family. My uncle is dying of liver cancer and is already on month 7 after the doctors game him 6. So i guess i am thankful for borrowed time.

max_boost
10-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Thankful for my health and for all my awesome friends and family. :werd: and everything cool I have in my life. :D

Zewind
10-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Thankful for my friends and family.

ericchoweg
10-11-2010, 05:23 PM
hey ek how come you havent posted what you are thankful for but have asked everyone else

Ekliptix
10-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Family, health, and career.

Xtrema
10-11-2010, 06:51 PM
My ESP kicked in and saved me from a wreck.

And Family and Health.

CUG
10-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Awesome family, Awesome friends, and the good opportunities.

Cheers everyone

KristenA
10-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by austic
I am thankful to have one last holiday dinner with my whole extended family. My uncle is dying of liver cancer and is already on month 7 after the doctors game him 6. So i guess i am thankful for borrowed time.

aww - I am sorry to hear that about your unlce and glad you got to spend thanksgiving with him.

Graham_A_M
10-11-2010, 09:16 PM
I am thankful to Astroglide. That is all.

No just joking. Im thankful to having amazingly loving parents, and being born incredibly smart with a great work ethic & mechanically inclined. :dunno:

Like what Kryn said; Im thankful to live in Canada, and being given amazing amounts of opportunity around me at every moment of the day. Im definitely thankful to be living in the entrepreneurial hub of Canada as well. :D

THE GOVERNATOR
10-11-2010, 09:20 PM
today im saying thanks to my wonderful girlfriend, my son, an of course John Shepard transmissions.