PDA

View Full Version : anyone know of a milling place?

LUDELVR
12-30-2003, 03:12 PM
Where's a cheap place to get a manifold milled? If you know or work in a machine shope that can do this for cheap, let me know please! :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
12-30-2003, 03:25 PM
Leo, Alberta Chrome and Grind should be able to do it for you...they are down the street from Tunerworks...

Arif

Maxt
12-30-2003, 05:48 PM
Who owns Alberta chrome and Grinding now?.... I could tell you true tales from the real world about stuff I had machined there that ended up NFG in a big way.... I was using reliable engines, but they have closed their Calgary shop, and now truck everything to Edmonton... Moores, I would not trust to open a coconut, let alone machine a motor....Maxt

EK 2.0
12-30-2003, 06:00 PM
Now its owned by a Lebanese Man I think...it used to be owned by a German Gentleman if I remember correctly...All the VW guys use them...

They just did my block for my recent re-build and did some amazing work...Very competitive pricing as well...

Maxt
12-30-2003, 07:05 PM
I had a crankshaft done there, when it was owned by the german guy, it was a week late, and the chrome job was garbage... Maxt

EK 2.0
12-30-2003, 07:12 PM
Yeah I never dealt or had the German fellow do any of my work...but the Lebanese guys who work there now are top notch Bro...

Sorry Leo, we are kinda stealing your thread here...

Primer_Drift
12-31-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Maxt
Moores, I would not trust to open a coconut, let alone machine a motor....Maxt

:werd:
Had my manifold milled there.. They are very friendly, but were admittedly retarded when it came to mounting the thing to their milling table. They wanted to charge me for 2 extra hours of "how am I gonna do this?" time, when I was originally quoted $90 for all the mating surfaces to be milled. On the bright side they did a good job and the warpage from my first welding project was completely eliminated.