PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Realestate on this forum? Residential.

Ben
12-30-2003, 04:52 PM
Need some info regarding Home Values as well as procedures in Buying and selling properties.

Please PM me.

3G
12-30-2003, 05:02 PM
there's a city of calgary website that lists the value of all the propertys in Calgary. someone put it up before. planning on buying house Ben? or getting into the Business?

Hakkola
12-30-2003, 05:09 PM
http://dmzwww2.gov.calgary.ab.ca/fairshare/script/asmt_SearchOptions.asp

There's your property values, can't help with anything else...

Ben
12-30-2003, 05:12 PM
Thats your Tax value, House sell on the market for more than that. Generally 10-15% more.

Hakkola
12-30-2003, 05:15 PM
I thought it was just property value??? My house was listed at quite a bit over the value it shows for it, and Gigantica is listed at 11 million, should be twice that for a 40 000 sq ft house with all the goodies that it has...

Ben
12-30-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
I thought it was just property value??? My house was listed at quite a bit over the value it shows for it, and Gigantica is listed at 11 million, should be twice that for a 40 000 sq ft house with all the goodies that it has...

Its the value the city uses to base your taxs' on. What you can sell for (as you have seen) is almost always more.

ninspeed
12-30-2003, 05:33 PM
shit... trevor aka hrd2plz (or something like that) sells homes with royal lepage......

eur0
01-04-2004, 04:00 PM
my mom is

kaput
01-04-2004, 04:04 PM

Idratherbsidewayz
01-04-2004, 09:38 PM
No, the jewish guy in Pump hill, with the biggest house in Calgary owns it. I thought it was worth around 40mil...

Weapon_R
01-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Where is this house?

ramminghard
01-05-2004, 02:42 PM
pump hill

nismodrifter
01-05-2004, 02:56 PM
yeh....that guy is a :bigpimp: :D
He tore down like 3-4 houses on the street (After buying them obviously...) and then built his beast of a house. Has like granite on the outside, 24 hour security with cameras and everything, I think he drives a CL600.

IMO what he did is real stupid, the only reason I think he did that is to floss his $$$$$$$$. If I were to build a house that big it would be somewhere out in the country...not in a crowded neighborhood

Idratherbsidewayz
01-05-2004, 03:18 PM
His son lives in Eagle Ridge, owns a porsche 911 Turbo, hummer, mini S, Mercedes ML500, and some more i can't think of right now. He has a sweet underground garage, and the biggest house in Eagle Ridge...

Hakkola
01-05-2004, 03:38 PM
Funny cuz I think I've seen all those cars parked in the dads driveway as well. I think he has a G-wagen too.

One rumour I recently heard was that the guy isn't Jewish, and actually doesn't like jews very much and that's why he built the house here, I don't believe it though.

One thing I do know is that it isn't his only house, I think he has a castle in Switzerland and a couple other houses.

And yeah, that's not my house, I live in Pumphill but you could fit about 8 houses the size of mine inside that beast, it has two underground floors.

Loose
01-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Someone take pics of that house!

Is that the dude who owns the concrete company? Has the Yellow Lotus Esprit V8TT that bust at secret street about 2 years back???

Edit: Renaissance Concrete seems to ring a bell... guy has a sick 951 too (rumour mill churning at full speed)

Hakkola
01-05-2004, 05:49 PM
No I don't think that's him unless he never drives the car cuz I haven't seen it.

I'm pretty sure he owned an energy company or oil company and sold it, don't quote me on that though. It's just another rumour I heard, and I hear so many that I know are false that it's crazy, I could probably write a book.

rc2002
01-05-2004, 06:13 PM
I think I've driven by that house a few times. It's the guy who used to own Fracmaster (an Oil and Gas Company) who built it. The guest house alone is something ridiculous like 3500 sq ft.

Weapon_R
01-05-2004, 06:15 PM
There's a house at the top of the hill in an area called Bel Air that sounds a lot like this - has anyone seen the two? Comparison?

Dj_Stylz
01-05-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Loose
Someone take pics of that house!

Is that the dude who owns the concrete company? Has the Yellow Lotus Esprit V8TT that bust at secret street about 2 years back???

Edit: Renaissance Concrete seems to ring a bell... guy has a sick 951 too (rumour mill churning at full speed)
yea someone please take pics of this house i wana see it lol

ZorroAMG
01-06-2004, 01:28 AM
Ben RE realestate buying and selling procedures, PM me...i'll give you all the 411...duh!! ;)

ramminghard
01-06-2004, 01:49 AM
What course do you have to take to become a real estate broker? is it offered at mt royal?

sexualbanana
01-06-2004, 02:08 AM
Gigantica is listed at 11 million, should be twice that for a 40 000 sq ft house with all the goodies that it has...

That house is sick!! It's like the size of my block.

Ajay
01-06-2004, 02:41 AM
Doesn't that big ass house in Pump Hill have a harp room or something too?

That's what I heard from a buddy of mine...everytime he's bored he goes down for a cruise to Pump Hill to check out the big houses.

HRD2PLZ
01-12-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
shit... trevor aka hrd2plz (or something like that) sells homes with royal lepage......

haha, thanks for the plug :D It always helps in this business

Originally posted by tbk49
my mom is

Cool, what areas does she mainly work in?

Originally posted by ramminghard
What course do you have to take to become a real estate broker? is it offered at mt royal?

As far as I know, its offered at Mt. Royal but you have to be selling real estate as an agent for a minimum of 2 yrs before going for yout Broker/Associate Brokers license. You can also take it through the Calgary Real Estate Board.

And City tax assessments:

Are basically based on the average selling price in your area. I have listed/sold homes for well above assessed values, and on the flip side some were sold below appraised value (not by much though).
Its hard to pull a figure off the top of my head, but I could probably crunch some numbers just by using your homes square footage, location, amenities, etc and come up with a fairly ballpark figure.

If anyone ever wants to know anything real estate related send me an email to [email protected] or give me a call at 225-5000 and I'll gladly answer any questions anyone has (or get back to you if I don't know). Thanks guys,

Trevor

rogue
01-12-2004, 10:52 PM
i heard he imported marble or granite floors for it from europe and that he bought his neighbors house because he didnt like him as a neighbor and tore it down with everything in it(damnnnn can you imagine the furniture and big screeens dammit)

Ben
01-13-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ

Are basically based on the average selling price in your area. I have listed/sold homes for well above assessed values, and on the flip side some were sold below appraised value (not by much though).
Its hard to pull a figure off the top of my head, but I could probably crunch some numbers just by using your homes square footage, location, amenities, etc and come up with a fairly ballpark figure.

If anyone ever wants to know anything real estate related send me an email to [email protected] or give me a call at 225-5000 and I'll gladly answer any questions anyone has (or get back to you if I don't know). Thanks guys,

Trevor

Assessment Class: Residential
Property Type: Land and Improvement
Property Use: Single Residential
Taxation Status: Taxable
Community Name: Mckenzie Lake
Land Use Designation: RESIDENTIAL SINGLE-DETACHED DISTRICT
Parcel Area: 13,218 sq. ft. / 1,228 sq. m.
Building Description: House/2 Storey
Approx. Living Area above grade: 2,581 sq. ft. / 234 sq. m.
Finished Area below grade: Yes
Garage: Yes
Fireplace(s): Yes
Walkout Basement: Yes

James
01-13-2004, 03:45 AM

One rumour I recently heard was that the guy isn't Jewish, and actually doesn't like jews very much and that's why he built the house here, I don't believe it though.

One thing I do know is that it isn't his only house, I think he has a castle in Switzerland and a couple other houses.

I'm pretty sure he owned an energy company or oil company and sold it, don't quote me on that though.

My buddy helped install the Air conditioning system in that house this past summer ( to the tune of $90,000+ or something stupid like that, i forget the exact number).....and he was being a nosey bastard of course asking a bunch of questions, (im sure all of use would have been in that house), and he was told all these "rumors".....so im guessing there true.. the house is retarded, has a Tennis court too, its looks soooo big from the Air too( noticed it from a little cessna plane i was in this summer)

HRD2PLZ
01-13-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Assessment Class: Residential
Property Type: Land and Improvement
Property Use: Single Residential
Taxation Status: Taxable
Community Name: Mckenzie Lake
Land Use Designation: RESIDENTIAL SINGLE-DETACHED DISTRICT
Parcel Area: 13,218 sq. ft. / 1,228 sq. m.
Building Description: House/2 Storey
Approx. Living Area above grade: 2,518 sq. ft. / 234 sq. m.
Finished Area below grade: Yes
Garage: Yes
Fireplace(s): Yes
Walkout Basement: Yes

Okay, basic questions (you can pm me if you like)

Type of flooring :
Number of bathrooms:
Type of bathrooms (2 pc, 3 pc, 4 pc, etc)
Number of bedrooms:
Any updates to the home:
Number of fireplaces:
Basement Development:
Garage: Double, triple, etc
Roofing: Mtn Park Estates is either Clay tile, Cedar or Pine

Thats basically all I need to come up with a ballpark price for you. It should come out fairly close.

Ben
01-13-2004, 09:51 PM
Type of flooring : Hardwood / Carpet
Number of bathrooms: 3.5
Type of bathrooms 1 master w/ shower/jet tub, 2 full, 1 half.
Number of bedrooms:5
Any updates to the home: Oak Railings/cabnets/trim. Oak Thick slat shutters on insides of every window. Massive fully landscaped yard (largest lot in Community IIRC)
Number of fireplaces: 2
Basement Development: Y
Garage: Double
Roofing: Cedar or Pine

Pm results and that would be kick ass man.

http://www.psylence.com/Junk/Yard4.jpg

kaput
01-13-2004, 10:00 PM

Ben
01-13-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by kaput
I've seen that house! It's fucking gorgeous!

Yay, my first Beyond Stalker. haha. I'm gonna take down that second pic just in case.. :tongue:

HRD2PLZ
01-14-2004, 08:07 PM
Sorry...One last question. I'm going to guess 3 bedrooms upper floor, One on the main and one in the basement?

And...I've actually seen the exterior of the house too, I had a listing on that street way back in May or June.

I should have those over to ya by Friday Ben :thumbsup:

Ben
01-14-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
Sorry...One last question. I'm going to guess 3 bedrooms upper floor, One on the main and one in the basement?

And...I've actually seen the exterior of the house too, I had a listing on that street way back in May or June.

I should have those over to ya by Friday Ben :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

4 up one down :)

Appreciate the extent you are looking into this, your help will not be overlooked.

R-Audi
01-15-2004, 12:16 AM
The house that everyone is taking about is the owner of Fracmaster.....rediculous!

ramminghard
01-15-2004, 01:06 AM
"With roughly $2 billion in annual revenues from combined operations, BJ Services Company is well positioned to lead the industry for years to come."

Rav4Guy
01-15-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by R-Audi
The house that everyone is taking about is the owner of Fracmaster.....rediculous!

FORMER owner and CEO of Fracmaster.

very very nice house. has amazing parties as well.

Loose
01-15-2004, 03:53 PM
pics dammit! someone go be a beyond spy and take some pics for us out of towners

Ben
01-15-2004, 04:07 PM
if I have time I will, though I'm not sure how well someone would like their home plastered all over the net.

Loose
01-15-2004, 04:13 PM
guys who build houses like that build them to be seen:thumbsup:

t3rry
02-10-2004, 01:23 PM
i would but i dunno where pump hill is.

Pacman
02-10-2004, 02:45 PM
The guy that owns the house in Pumphill is Fred Balm.

The dude that owns the yellow twinner lotus is Darcy Jovic. He also has that white 951 and a yellow 968 turbo. He likes to talk a lot of trash about his cars.....but never backs up the talk when it comes to racing.

civic_ek4
02-12-2004, 12:35 PM
come on ppl :) let see some pic!!!!!!!!!! plz

Hakkola
02-12-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by t3rry
i would but i dunno where pump hill is.

It's tucked away between 14st southwest, 90th Ave and Southland Drive. ;)

civic_ek4
02-17-2004, 06:58 PM
good info man but i still want to see the house. :thumbsup: come on ppl let take some pic for the out of towners

E36M3
02-17-2004, 07:51 PM
Just imagine an ugly government building.. the guy used commercial contractors to build the house, and it doesn't even look like a residence.

Nasty place, he must have no taste at all.. at least when other super rich people blow their wads on ridiculous houses (ie. Bill Gates) they do it with some sort of subtlety.

Hakkola
02-17-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by rmk

The exotica in Pumphill are behind the mansion, and owned by Flemming Wong. He owns (or the such) Lone Star Benz, and LR Calgary.

The exotica??

Are you sure Flemming Wong lives in Pumphill? The guy who owns Lone Star Benz has a green Aston Martin as one of his cars, and in my 13 years of living in Pumphill I've never seen the car in this area.

Hakkola
02-23-2004, 06:57 PM
Ohhhhh, I know what house you're talking about, I usually see a CL600 I think it is parked out front. He must have another house or garage somewhere though.