PDA

View Full Version : Beyond meetup for this weekends Tatoo Festival? (Oct 15-17)

copynpaste
10-12-2010, 07:50 PM
http://www.albertatattoos.com/

Im going, I know theres quite a few other beyonders into tats, so thought maybe we can have a meetup. Its Fri-Sun and the bushido gang will be there. They told me to stop by their booths and say hi.

$20 per ticket and there will be lots of tattoing going on there with some amazing artists including Dan from LA Ink. If anyones up for this, send me a PM and we'll set something up.

You can buy tickets at bushido - avoid the big line ups at the show.

know1edge
10-12-2010, 09:59 PM
I tried looking through the site but couldn't find much info..
Exactly wtf happens at this festival?

ddduke
10-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by know1edge
I tried looking through the site but couldn't find much info..
Exactly wtf happens at this festival?

Basically it's a bunch of different shops which get booths. Some are tattooing and some just showing off work. There's also booths selling biker gear, usually a few support stands selling tshirts/hoodies and a section with a bunch of custom bikes.

takkyu
10-13-2010, 03:09 PM
I am going to be there on Sunday for sure to get my latest tattoo touched up and my wife is getting a new tattoo.

I may go there on Saturday as well.

bubbley
10-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by takkyu
I am going to be there on Sunday for sure to get my latest tattoo touched up and my wife is getting a new tattoo.

I may go there on Saturday as well.

Hey do you need an appoinment or something with the artists? Or if someone is open you can just get inked?

know1edge
10-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by bubbley

Hey do you need an appoinment or something with the artists? Or if someone is open you can just get inked?

ya that's pretty much what i was wondering

JRSC00LUDE
10-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by bubbley

It depends, some artists book themselves ahead of time and others will work walkups all weekend.

Best bet is to just go and ask questions when you see something you like.

If you've never been to one before you'll likely find it quite interesting. It is fun to watch pieces take shape right in front of you. I often hang at my friends shop here and watch him work, it's an interesting process.

takkyu
10-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Yea like JRSC00LUDE pointed out, it's different from artist to artist. For the wife and myself, we pre-booked with our artist before this event since he's located in Edmonton, saves us at least one trip up there.

pf0sh0
10-13-2010, 07:54 PM
I can't wait to go this weekend. That's sweet that there will be tattooing happening there... Maybe I'll get an impulse tattoo this weekend:nut:

That.Guy.S30
10-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Ill be there on sunday.

copynpaste
10-14-2010, 12:32 AM
So anyone up for beyond group meet? Haha sounds like everyone posting in here is going. Sat works best for me.

From what i was told the bushido gang will be tatooing on the spot - no appts needed.

pf0sh0
10-14-2010, 12:35 AM
I wonder how busy they'll be

Clever
10-14-2010, 08:23 AM
Going either Friday or Saturday, would like to get my Polynesian piece but I cannot get a hold of the artist.

JordanEG6
10-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Clever
Going either Friday or Saturday, would like to get my Polynesian piece but I cannot get a hold of the artist.

You should try Deano from Deadly if you're not totally sold on a specific artist yet. He does great work. In fact, my neo/modern polynesian piece he did for me is on the Alberta Tattoos website under the artist's name.

pf0sh0
10-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

You should try Deano from Deadly if you're not totally sold on a specific artist yet. He does great work. In fact, my neo/modern polynesian piece he did for me is on the Alberta Tattoos website under the artist's name.

Is that baybayin script on your tattoo?
I actually looked through his gallery because of that picture.
did he come up with that design for you ??

takkyu
10-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Wife secured weekend passes for us, so I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

Clever
10-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

I believe we spoke about this via PM, that was plan A until I found out that Tautu was coming, I was hoping to talk to him and maybe get him to design the piece if he cannot do the tattoo himself, and if not then I'll be going to Deano.

copynpaste
10-14-2010, 07:30 PM
you guys will have to let me know how it is. Nobody I know wants to go so ill pass on it sadly.

takkyu
10-15-2010, 12:19 PM
you need someone to hold your hand while you're there? :P

copynpaste
10-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by takkyu
you need someone to hold your hand while you're there? :P

Forsure :)

JAYMEZ
10-15-2010, 10:44 PM
I think im going to check this out tomm.