PDA

View Full Version : Junkyards you guys use

Scuderia
10-13-2010, 08:17 PM
I have noticed that there is such a limited number of junkyards in Calgary, and almost 90% of them are private owned, meaning they have a strip of land with 30 cars from the 1990s and they call it a junkyard. In the states they have so many corporate auto parts providers like LQK and Greenleaf who are national and usually have any part for any car in any colour. I have a couple guys who have a somewhat reasonable selection, just wondering if you guys know of any big junkyards or junkyards that you prefer over others.

Darell_n
10-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Canadian Tire is the biggest in my area.

master hec0
10-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Picknpull mainly because prices are cheap and even cheaper since I work there. but i think it all comes down to the vehicle you own. since newer vehicles and more desirable vehicles will rarely come in.

streethondas
10-13-2010, 10:19 PM
There are also bunch of junkyards NE that have shit loads of cars.. here's few

P&S Auto
Payless Auto

Hage69
10-13-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Darell_n
Canadian Tire is the biggest in my area.

:rofl: :rofl:

ddduke
10-13-2010, 10:53 PM
Manchester Auto usually, but they love to rip you off.

AE92_TreunoSC
10-13-2010, 11:55 PM
Affordable auto wrecking is the best in the city. It's moreso for shops but you can still drop by and see what they can do.

Vanner
10-14-2010, 06:37 AM
For me, it's the out-of-town country junkyards than what's IN Calgary. Since i own a few older cars so to find parts I need is way harder. Recently on long weekend trip I hit 6 country yards on my road route. It's much more to my favor on the side.

PNP yard isn't bad - sometimes it would have one or 2 "new stock" cars for all to strip parts off. It's kinda a hit-and-miss because it get stripped off parts so fast!

Any other yards in Calgary is a waste of my time anyway so I don't bother. They never cater anything older than 1985!

Tik-Tok
10-14-2010, 07:30 AM
PNP is where I usually go. If it's something for my Audi I use Blackgold in Nisku, and have a friend bring it down.

I've found anywhere else in Calgary charges up to 75% of the price of a brand new aftermarket part, so I'm willing to pay the extra 25% for that. I also use Kijiji to find people parting out cars. They are usually more reasonable than the auto recyclers.

JRSC00LUDE
10-14-2010, 09:16 AM
I understand that several people have tried South Deerfoot Suzuki.

BrknFngrs
10-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I understand that several people have tried South Deerfoot Suzuki.

I don't think this will work for the OP; it sounds like he is looking to buy parts, not have them taken.

msommers
10-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Zing!

toastgremlin
10-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Just use car-part.com - do a search for the part you want - and spend an afternoon on the phone.

You don't get to pull your own parts, but honestly you usually don't at those big corporate junkyards in the US either.

Black Gold is good out of town - I've actually had some success at Buck's in town tracking down late-model/rare parts, but not much.

Scuderia
10-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Sounds good, I'm going to google all those names and get some numbers. LOL at the SDS comment, I would go there but I'm afraid I might roll in on 4 wheels and leave with 3.