PDA

View Full Version : Mobil 1 0w-40 by the jug?

SilverRex
10-14-2010, 11:06 AM
anyone know where I can find Mobil 1 0w-40 by the 4 or 5L containers?

Canadian tires has them buy only in 1 L format,

:)

benyl
10-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Doesn't exist in Canada that I have seen.

heavyD
10-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Never seen it in any other size but the 1L. Not sure why they don't sell it in the larger containers because it's always selling out at stores.

Are you putting that into your STI? Aren't those engines pretty finicky with grades and manufacturers of oil?

n1zm0
10-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by benyl
Doesn't exist.

:werd: i've come to believe this too

i've used mobile 0w40 for almost 5 years and its always been bottles, i even used to have the privilege of getting it from the Esso on barlow where they have those holding silos and everything and they always came in bottles

SilverRex
10-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
Never seen it in any other size but the 1L. Not sure why they don't sell it in the larger containers because it's always selling out at stores.

Are you putting that into your STI? Aren't those engines pretty finicky with grades and manufacturers of oil?

well I was using blu synthetic since 7000 km, everything was fine until I started noticing my oil consumption for the past months has rocketed to levels that is not typical of subarus.

So after lurking around a few subaru forums, I decided to give 0w-40 a try and so far it definately kept my oil consumption at bay.

heavyD
10-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex

well I was using blu synthetic since 7000 km, everything was fine until I started noticing my oil consumption for the past months has rocketed to levels that is not typical of subarus.

So after lurking around a few subaru forums, I decided to give 0w-40 a try and so far it definately kept my oil consumption at bay.

It's a great grade for our climate and makes me wonder why it's only factory recommended in European cars.

benyl
10-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex

I wonder if it will help.

the 63 AMGs still consume oil using this. It is factory fill.

I have 30, 1 L bottles in my garage from when it was on sale at CDN tire for $6.

heavyD
10-14-2010, 01:21 PM

I wonder if it will help.

the 63 AMGs still consume oil using this. It is factory fill.

I have 30, 1 L bottles in my garage from when it was on sale at CDN tire for $6.

Bargain shopper?:D

benyl
10-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Damn straight... haha.

Lonestar charges $12 / L

Recommended interval is 15K kms. I change it myself at 7500 in between. Car take 9.5 L, so that saves me $60! hahaha

Damn, I am so asian.

EK 2.0
10-14-2010, 01:32 PM

Now I know where to get my oil when you are out of town...hahaha....