PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshooting heating system in condo...help!

Canucks3322
10-14-2010, 11:37 AM
http://www.heatlinkgroup.net/ie/SL3.asp

I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my heating in my condo.....can someone tell me what the blue things in the picture in the link above do? When I twist it up, I can hear the hot air flowing thru the pipe, but when I twist it down all the way, the flow stops....is this some kind of manual control shut off heat flow to the pipe that leads to a certain room it is connected to? Tia....

Pinner
10-14-2010, 12:46 PM
I have never dealt with a heat system like that but nobody else is jumping in here so I'll try.

I would assume the blue knobs control different zones of cooling and that 1/4 turn valve shuts the whole cooling system down. And the red controls are the heat side of the system.

syeve
10-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Those look like zone controls...you can adjust the heat going to a specific area/room. It's hot water/glycol running through this sytem, not air.

EDIT: EDIT...Yah, the guy above me said it...the red is for heat, not sure what the blue is for? Maybe the potable water? Or red is for hot water and blue is the return manifold?

AndyL
10-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Blue would be for cooling... Y'know that thing you'd need about 3 days a year in calgary...

n1zm0
10-14-2010, 03:00 PM
wouldn't something like that be of interest to the condo board or head to talk to the maintenance staff about it - what if youre turning someone elses heat on or off lol

Canucks3322
10-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the info guys...

n1zm0....nah, it's in my own suite behind the closet, there's only 2 blue and 2 red knobs...

Tik-Tok
10-14-2010, 03:46 PM
edit: nvm