View Full Version : Review - Vietnamese Garden... Gah Downhill

AndyL
10-14-2010, 04:55 PM
- Restaurant name: Vietnamese Garden
- Location 32nd/32nd NE behind taco hell
- Food rating 1/5
- Ambience 2/5
- Service 2/5

Well, figured I'd post a update... I recommended this place once, it was my favorite vietnamese place...

Went today, been a few months - should have guessed when the usual line out the door wasn't there... Not a soul to be seen.

Had my usual grilled chicken & spring rolls on rice vermicelli (8$). Got back to the shop to eat (it's like 2 blocks away - and I drove) - spring rolls were frozen, chicken was like rubber and cold - looked like week old leftovers at home... Ended up tossing it after a couple bites.

:banghead: I used to love this place...

l/l/rX
10-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Basil. 32nd + 27st ne

yoda124
10-14-2010, 07:47 PM
I tried the place last week and it was exactly as you described it.Had the beef sub :barf: the meat was cold and tough like shoe leather.By far the worst sub I ever tasted.When garbage food is served like that good luck staying in business:thumbsdow

AndyL
10-14-2010, 08:27 PM
up to a year ago - it was fantastic, place was packed at lunch - usually well out the door. Wife who's much more of a vietnamese eater than I am - adored it, always fresh fresh fresh, the seafood was not frozen. I liked their subs and my usual.

No clue if the ownership changed or what happened... I know the one waitress is the same - but otherwise ??

Wasn't a big fan of basil or thai thai; not sure where I'm going to find my occasional lunch now...

diamondedge
10-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by AndyL
up to a year ago - it was fantastic, place was packed at lunch - usually well out the door. Wife who's much more of a vietnamese eater than I am - adored it, always fresh fresh fresh, the seafood was not frozen. I liked their subs and my usual.

No clue if the ownership changed or what happened... I know the one waitress is the same - but otherwise ??

Wasn't a big fan of basil or thai thai; not sure where I'm going to find my occasional lunch now...

Drive a bit down 36th Street to La Cay (across from TnT) it's pretty good. Not the meatiest sub but the combo is a pretty good deal...6 bucks gets you the spring rolls (like, flaming hot, 10 minutes after) and a sub, and a pop.