PDA

View Full Version : Automaxx Experiences

LEGiiT
10-14-2010, 09:01 PM
I've searched the forums, no results came up.

I'm looking to buy a car from Automaxx, it's an imported Range Rover Sport from the US with about 18,000km on it. It is quite nicely done up, like the ugly plastic side runners on the skirts/bumpers are painted the body color, a great looking tint and some sexy black powder coated rims.

Yes, this will be the 3rd Range Rover on our driveway.

Has anyone dealt with Automaxx to say that they aren't a shady business? They've been around for quite a while as far as I know, and when they have Lamborghini's, GT-R's and some nice Merc's on the lot I couldn't imagine it's a sham.

Thanks,
Liam.

projekz
10-14-2010, 09:04 PM
I wouldn't buy anything from them. They've had a bad rep for a number of years now. A few people on here have had problems with them. Do some more research before buying from these guys!

LEGiiT
10-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by projekz
I wouldn't buy anything from them. They've had a bad rep for a number of years now. A few people on here have had problems with them. Do some more research before buying from these guys!

Can you explain such experiences?
Thanks.

Guillermo
10-14-2010, 09:58 PM
umm... they have just about one of the worst reputation of any dealership in calgary. do another search, but this time select "any date" option.

Guillermo
10-14-2010, 09:58 PM
here, have fun: http://forums.beyond.ca/search.php?s=&action=showresults&q=automaxx&searchid=8654799&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

projekz
10-14-2010, 10:48 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/256991/legal-files-automaxx-varsity-chrysler-threatens-to-sue-beyond-ca/

Lex350
10-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by LEGiiT
I've searched the forums, no results came up.

I'm looking to buy a car from Automaxx, it's an imported Range Rover Sport from the US with about 18,000km on it. It is quite nicely done up, like the ugly plastic side runners on the skirts/bumpers are painted the body color, a great looking tint and some sexy black powder coated rims.

Yes, this will be the 3rd Range Rover on our driveway.

Has anyone dealt with Automaxx to say that they aren't a shady business? They've been around for quite a while as far as I know, and when they have Lamborghini's, GT-R's and some nice Merc's on the lot I couldn't imagine it's a sham.

Thanks,
Liam.

Run away as fast as you can....you have been warned!

Jlude
10-14-2010, 11:01 PM
You really didn't search very hard.

Did you even google their name?

Redlyne_mr2
10-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Why not just buy one privately or from the local Land Rover dealer? Good luck.

craigcd
10-14-2010, 11:13 PM
How do places like this even stay in business? I swear if you had half a brain you wouldnt even consider looking. At least the OP is asking questions- if you were comfortable with the purchase you wouldnt have posted so dont buy.....

M.alex
10-15-2010, 01:37 AM
research; it isn't your strong point apparently :rofl:

DeeK
10-15-2010, 02:10 AM
Avoid Automaxx like the plague... I got ripped off long before they even had a reputation at all.

mactechi
04-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Post removed to satisfy agreement with dealership.

A Happy Southtown Chrysler Customer!!

JZS_147
04-17-2012, 02:07 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/iq94xi.gif

Masked Bandit
04-17-2012, 02:49 PM
That seems to be par for the course from these guys. Nice post btw, lots of details and solid info.

OriginalGoods
04-17-2012, 03:22 PM
They sold my friend a acura el with frame damage .

bourge73
04-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Man do your research before buying a car? What a concept...... Autocrap and gallery of fine crap. Cant believe they are still in business. Well,actually with the amount of retards out there I can.

Lubu
04-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Automaxx is the worst place to buy any car, much less a luxury upscale vehicle. The one in the NE by Golden Acres are the worst of all of them. They tried to sell a salvage rebuilt title Ferrari 360 coupe to my dad claiming "gently used trade in". Right, gently used with massive front end damage :rolleyes: Did they really think someone who's buying a ferrari would not check the carproof? ;)

you&me
04-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Lubu
Automaxx is the worst place to buy any car, much less a luxury upscale vehicle. The one in the NE by Golden Acres are the worst of all of them. They tried to sell a salvage rebuilt title Ferrari 360 coupe to my dad claiming "gently used trade in". Right, gently used with massive front end damage :rolleyes: Did they really think someone who's buying a ferrari would not check the carproof? ;)

Was that the Silver one with the funky wheels?

mactechi
04-17-2012, 10:04 PM
Post removed as per agreement with dealership

Anyone looking to buy call GO AUTO!!!

Unknown303
04-17-2012, 10:22 PM
You have the same truck as me:D But mine doesn't have these crazy issues.

jesterme2007
04-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by mactechi
On March 9 I contacted Automaxx regarding a 2010 Dodge Ram they had for sale, I was told the vehicle was not at the dealership it was at their sister dealership Varsity Chrysler getting a warranty recall for the tie rods done and would be ready in a day or two. I asked some questions about the truck and was told all the right answers I was told there was not one spot or rust or damage to the vehicle and it had full factory warranty on everything and I put a deposit on the truck to hold it.

Over the next 3 1/2 weeks I made almost daily calls or emails to the salesman Rob Haseloh about this truck and the status of the truck and was told they were waiting on parts for the warranty work for the tie rods and needed a few days, then I was told they were waiting on a special tool and another part. Finally on March 29th the vehicle was ready and I was flown by the dealership from Edmonton down to Calgary to inspect and pick up the truck. When I was shown the vehicle I pointed out a couple small dents and scratches and was told on its minor and we are giving you a bottle of colour matched paint to cover that. I was shown the whole truck but believe the significant dent and rust spot on the tailgate was very smoothly hidden by the saleman when he showed me the truck. I had asked how many keys were with the truck and was told 2-3 when I picked up the truck there was only 1 key fob and 2 door keys I inquired about this and was told by the salesguy oh the truck door key starts the truck too....I told him this is not true I'm sure hes not that new so even he should have known this was not true but he insisted thats all they had so I ended up just taking the one key. Everything else appeared to be in order and I purchased the truck with a bank draft and cash and took it home.

When I got the truck home I opened the rear tonneau cover and the latch would then not catch and lock in place, it was then that I noticed the dent and rust spot as well, I also noticed I was missing a headset for the rear dvd. I immediated contacted the salesman to request this be fixed. I was told the rust spot was cosmetic and my tough luck. I had some quotes done and found out that the cost to fix the rust and dent on the tailgate would be $800-900. Then I had a friend come see my truck and noticed that the rear tires were very worn (I have an inspection report from Automaxx and a work order from Varsity Chrysler showing the rear tires were changed with matching tires with 8/32 thread since the original rear tires only had 5/32.) The rear tires ended up being only 5/32 and I realized the work had been charged out and the tires not changed. I also noticed a sparking noise coming from the front end when the vehicle started on investigation found wires hanging down and sparking when the vehicle started. I again immediated informed the salesman Rob who then notified his manager Chris Thin.

The salesman Rob asked me to take the truck to sherwood dodge and have it looked at. On April 5th I was to drop off the truck to Sherwood Dodge however a power outage and huge snowstorm had them reschedule all appointments for the following week. While driving the truck in 4x4 on April 5th I went to park the truck and the truck would not shift into park, when it did shift I could not shift the truck out of park until I shut the truck off and started it again. I immediately informed the salesman at Automaxx and I also emailed later in the day when the truck seemed to hesitate on pavement in 4x4, I was told this is normal it just felt more than a usual hesitation to me and I was concerned. I also noticed my headlights filling with water The salesman Rob told me to have Sherwood dodge also check this out when I brought the truck in. On April 11th I brought the truck to Sherwood dodge and went over my list of concerns with them. I had also requested the full work order from Varsity Chrysler so I could have it checked as I was now suspicious since the tires were not changed. Sherwood Dodge informed me that the original recall work on the tie rods was still in the system as being needed I let them know that Varsity had already done it and they said they would do a quick visual to confirm. I then received a call from Sherwood Dodge about my truck, the headlights were not factory and not covered under warranty and there were holes drilled for the wiring for the HID lights and Varsity chrysler had changed the HID low beams and put regular bulbs in and left the wiring hanging and uncapped and this was the issue with the sparking in the front end.
They also told me the tie rod warranty recall that Varsity Chrysler charged out and that the saleman told me I had waited 3 weeks for was NOT done. At this point I was very upset and frustrated as I had been lied to about the truck from the start.

I called the saleman Rob and he had the manager of service from Varsity call me. I finally received the full paperwork for the work order done at Varsity Chrysler before I bought the truck and it showed that the tie rods were done, the tires were changed and they had completely rebuilt the transmission, it seems the transmission was a huge problem for them and that was what had taken so long and why I had to wait for the truck, I questioned this and ended up talking to Chris Robertson the service manager at Varsity Chrysler and he told me that he had been very clear to the salesman at Automaxx in telling him the issue was with the Transmission and they never appeared to be waiting for parts for the tie rod recall. However he was sure the tie rod recall was done by his staff. Chris Robertson called Sherwood Park Dodge and talked to a manager named Ken and then called me back, He let me know that he had discussed it and they had agreed that Varsity Chrysler had in fact done the warranty recall and that an inexperienced tech at Sherwood Dodge did not recognize the work was done and he redid it, he let me know I could see the parts and it would be proven that the parts were new and had been changed, he also let me know that Varsity Chrysler would pay for all the work on my truck and pay for the factory lights to be reinstalled since they messed up on the headlights and the wiring.

Kudos to Chris at Varsity for stepping up in this instance when it should be Automaxx looking after these issue.

On April 16 I went to Sherwood Dodge to pick up my truck and requested to see the tie rod parts, the service advisor got a little flustered as I asked to take pictures of the parts for my records and he went to speak with his on duty supervisor, he came back with the tie rod parts they were clearly old and rusty and definitely not a couple weeks old as Varsity Chrysler claimed.

The issues fixed by Automaxx and Varsity were they provided me a spare key, they fixed the tonneau cover latch, they provided a second wireless headset for the rear dvd although its definitely the bottom model not the same nice headset that originally came with the dvd, they paid for the headlights and wiring to be fixed and I believe they also paid Sherwood dodge for the tie rod work. Sherwood dodge could not find any reason for the truck not shifting in and out of park and said the hesitation I experienced was normal in 4x4. Automaxx arranged to have tires that were supposed to have been put on the truck already shipped to Kal tire in Sherwood park and I will be getting these tires put on in the next day or two. I also have an issue with the rear dvd that I cannot view on the rear screens video from the front dvd and I cannot control the sound to the headsets. Automaxx said they have a mobile guy who works in the area and they will send him to check it out. There is an aftermarket speaker/subwoofer in the truck that may be affecting the rear dvd function. The issue with the damage/rust has not and will not be addressed by Automaxx.

My biggest issue with this company is the fact they lied to me from the start. Had I known the truck had transmission issues I would never have purchased the vehicle. I have requested to return the truck and they have refused stating they are allowed every opportunity to fix the issues before I can do that. I hope by making my issue public I can keep someone else from getting scammed.

Did you try Amvic?