PDA

View Full Version : Shell Gas Station tried to rip me off

surferbaby13
10-16-2010, 08:38 AM
They tried to take 50 bucks from me...thankfully i have a big mouth and ill bitch until I get what I want. Especially when they were trying to steal from me.
Never go to the shell on 37st and Bow trail....they will try and steal from you without even knowing.
I went and prepaid on a pump. The man (of a different race) really trying not to be racist... The man put it in on the wrong pump....first stupid mistake. Then when I was almost full he told me his mix up and said he needed to refund my card as it was on the wrong pump. I went in he gave me a reciept that said 50 bucks was refunded ......from the till....not the interact....the till. I tried to explain that he only refunded his till and not my card. We were yelling and screaming. I was furious...so he told me to check my bank (as he guarantees it went back onto my card) and if its not come back and I will reumburse ur money. Sure as shit I called my bank.....no money was refunded. So I was choked....went to shell told the white guy the story and he started to feed me a new asshole and said it takes 2 business days to refund the card. I kept telling him if it was refunded back onto my debit it would say refund on this slip.....I started to swear ...and he started to yell at me....I wanted to cry I was so mad. Finally they realized their wrong and gave me my money.

All in all they were DICKS and tried to take my money by being sneaky....so just a heads up.....to be cautious and watch what people in this society will try to do to you. I refuse to do business there.....:guns:

Type_S1
10-16-2010, 09:14 AM
The exact same thing happened to me but in the shell in country hills. You should never let them do this. Do not leave the place until you have your gas and never swipe your card twice...NEVER. They don't need to refund the money he's just scamming.

I told the guy I was calling the cops if I walked out to the pump and there wasn't gas authorized...walked out and pumped away. This is just a way for them to make more money at their shit job. And the guy I dealt with was east indian...almost shit himself when I said I'm calling the cops.

kaput
10-16-2010, 09:24 AM

Guillermo
10-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by surferbaby13
The man (of a different race) really trying not to be racist...

:facepalm:

Mibz
10-16-2010, 06:46 PM
http://www-static.shell.com/static/can-en/imgs/128x64/easy_pay_thumbnail.jpg

.jl-
10-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
http://www-static.shell.com/static/can-en/imgs/128x64/easy_pay_thumbnail.jpg
I'm thinking of getting the easypay..how is it?

Mibz
10-16-2010, 10:52 PM
Get out of car, hold tag to pump, beep, lift nozzle, select grade, replace nozzle, grab receipt, gtfo.

I love it. It's the most efficient way to get gas since they got rid of the RF sensors you put on your back window. No need to swipe my credit card and then air miles separately either.

copynpaste
10-16-2010, 11:00 PM
I always get my gas at coop cause theyre honest and dont pull cheap shit like this. Plus being a coop member we get a small % returned back to us at teh end of the year by cheque.

VetteRacin
10-17-2010, 08:21 AM
debit cards work on the pumps too, so why prepay inside?

Xtrema
10-17-2010, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by .jl-

I'm thinking of getting the easypay..how is it?

It's easy but let's just say that don't bothering ordering one if you don't already have one.

I always pay at pump except when it come to gift certs I get from airmiles. Then it's PITA. The only Shell that let you pump and pay @ til is 4th St N.W by Safeway.

Supa Dexta
10-17-2010, 08:52 AM
I've noticed a lot of pumps started cutting you off at 100 back a year or 2 ago.. Now its down to 75 on some pumps... WTF. I have to stop pumping, hang up the nozzle.. Wait for the pump to thank me, and clear and then start pumping after swiping my card again. PITA .

Tik-Tok
10-17-2010, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
I've noticed a lot of pumps started cutting you off at 100 back a year or 2 ago.. Now its down to 75 on some pumps... WTF. I have to stop pumping, hang up the nozzle.. Wait for the pump to thank me, and clear and then start pumping after swiping my card again. PITA .

Noticed that too, pretty retarded in a city where 1/4 of the population drives a 3/4 ton truck with 130L gas tank.

Cos
10-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Yup I cant let my truck go down below 1/4 anymore unless I know I can get to the coop by my house to pay inside. Shell was the worst (with those tags) because sometimes it wouldnt let you use it twice in a row or sometimes it would sit at the thank you sign forever.

The joys of having a 120l tank. It is nice I can drive almost a month on one tank however.

Supa Dexta
10-17-2010, 09:02 AM
mines 130l and I only get a few days usually. :rofl:

Cos
10-17-2010, 09:06 AM

veedubin69
10-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Those guys are sleazy! BTW shell gas sucks anyways, their fuel isn't regulated enough and always contains a major amount experimental additives. My friend is a petroleum engineer, he told me that Petro Canada premium has the best octane content and strict formulas they keep to. I switched about a month ago and my mileage is a bit better, the major difference is my idle is the smoothest I've ever had.

PD77
10-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by veedubin69
Those guys are sleazy! BTW shell gas sucks anyways, their fuel isn't regulated enough and always contains a major amount experimental additives. My friend is a petroleum engineer, he told me that Petro Canada premium has the best octane content and strict formulas they keep to. I switched about a month ago and my mileage is a bit better, the major difference is my idle is the smoothest I've ever had.

I've seen data that show the exact opposite actually...Petro-Can came in last out of 4 tested (Husky, Shell, Esso, Petro-Can).

Mibz
10-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Having education or a job in an industry does not make you an expert on every aspect of that industry.

Alak
10-17-2010, 02:05 PM
I've never prepaid at the shell I fill up at. I just fill up and pay inside. Mind you, they know me because I been goin there for, well, since I started driving.

dj_rice
10-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Call the cops on them next time.

MGCM
10-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by PD77

I've seen data that show the exact opposite actually...Petro-Can came in last out of 4 tested (Husky, Shell, Esso, Petro-Can).

I get 99% my gas at Esso in Sandstone and have never had a problem.

PD77
10-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by MGCM

I am not saying that you will ever have problems, just saying that performance-wise certain fuels have better numbers than others.

Zero102
10-18-2010, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by MGCM

And I get 100% of my gas at the cheapest station anywhere in the city and have done so for over 8 years now and I have never had a problem :D

Its anecdotal at best

surferbaby13
10-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by VetteRacin
debit cards work on the pumps too, so why prepay inside?
when I swiped my card the first time it told me to see the attendant. So thats why i went inside to prepay....
normally I fill up with coop as my truck really doesnt like shell.....its not thick enough for my beast.....

surferbaby13
10-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
mines 130l and I only get a few days usually. :rofl:

wow that sucks ass....yeah i usually get a full week to my full tank of gas and my truck drinks up alot of gas.....do you have a cold air intake on your truck? once we installed ours we use half of what it normally did without the intake.

surferbaby13
10-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by veedubin69

dude petro is the worst.....they have water in their fuel.....my dad owns a new tundra and had to get everything removed and cleaned because they put water in their fuel and when I was working for someone else.....i drove a 5 ton dump truck and filled up with diesel and had water in the tank......had to have that serviced as well....I refuse to do petro.....

Cos
10-18-2010, 11:18 AM

wow that sucks ass....yeah i usually get a full week to my full tank of gas and my truck drinks up alot of gas.....do you have a cold air intake on your truck? once we installed ours we use half of what it normally did without the intake.

What kind of truck do you have? My intake hurt my mileage

Tik-Tok
10-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Cos

A CAI without a tune won't do squat for mileage, unless your trucks been running around with one disgusting filter before that.

R-Audi
10-18-2010, 11:28 AM

dude petro is the worst.....they have water in their fuel.....my dad owns a new tundra and had to get everything removed and cleaned because they put water in their fuel and when I was working for someone else.....i drove a 5 ton dump truck and filled up with diesel and had water in the tank......had to have that serviced as well....I refuse to do petro.....

You do realize that its near impossible to get water in your gastank from a gas station? Water floats on the top of gasoline, so you would have to get the very very bottom of the storage tank, and then run your tank to the very bottom for your car to ingest the water. Not saying that it cant happen... but its more then likely from condensation of your tank not being properly vented. (or other methods of ingestion.

Cos
10-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

A CAI without a tune won't do squat for mileage, unless your trucks been running around with one disgusting filter before that.

I have a tune that people were using online (for my truck and intake). I had so much resonance though that I had to send the intake back.

heavyD
10-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Noticed that too, pretty retarded in a city where 1/4 of the population drives a 3/4 ton truck with 130L gas tank.

Actually what's really retarded is that only 1/4 of that 1/4 actually needs to drive a 3/4 ton truck with 130L gas tank.;)

Tik-Tok
10-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Actually what's really retarded is that only 1/4 of that 1/4 actually needs to drive a 3/4 ton truck with 130L gas tank.;)

I wholeheartedly agree, however the gas stations shouldn't be hindering their customers who choose to be retards (or those of us that drive 3/4 ton work trucks, for work)

uptown.
10-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by PD77

im usually not picky about what gas station i fill up at, i would say i fill up at petro mostly just because its the closest to my house but once i went to fill up at another petro at sounthland and fairmont i think but it was pre pay and when i went to pay the only option i had was to put premium after i had swiped my card. At first i was pissed because i usually just put regular so i put the premium in and after my car ran substancially better and now i either put medium or premium grade depending on how much cash is in my pocket

JZS_147
10-18-2010, 03:49 PM
petro canada gas is the worse. I should find those pics of what the build up on the valves and pistons looked like on my gf's STi.

I always run Husky or Shell

surferbaby13
10-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Cos

2004 chevy silverado 1500......the only thing that I find odd is when I pump the jam a censor goes off and then the check engine light comes on....ive had it checked but nothing is actually wrong......but the pure power it gives and that beefy sound wow....I love it.