PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 million French protestors.

ZenOps
10-16-2010, 09:15 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/8059957/French-strikes-3.5-million-take-to-streets-to-protest-pension-reform.html

The next protest is scheduled for Tuesday, could even be larger.

Only one word comes into my mind.

Fuck.

broken_legs
10-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Those kids are idiots...

"Secondary school pupils and students should demonstrate to defend the reform as it is above all for them. Without it, they would be condemned to pay twice: for their own pension and that of their parents."

Sarko is increasing the age to collect pension. Thats good - especially in bankrupt states...

ZenOps
10-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Raising the pension age is drastic. Imagine if they simply raised it all the way to 110 years before you could collect.

Then its just like an insurance scam - where noone qualifies, but you thought you qualified when you signed up. Mind you - a lot of pension funds are run as scams anyhow so I guess its just par for the course.

derpderp
10-16-2010, 10:15 PM
France is kind of like Greece, lots of pissed off kids who like to protest, to protest.

Increasing the age by two years isn't unreasonable, life expectancy has already increased by nearly 5 years since the 1980s.

mazdavirgin
10-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/8059957/French-strikes-3.5-million-take-to-streets-to-protest-pension-reform.html

The next protest is scheduled for Tuesday, could even be larger.

Only one word comes into my mind.

Fuck.

This is what democracy when it's not broken looks like... In Canada and the USA there is no chance in hell we would ever have protests like this because people are just too apathetic when it comes to politics.

B20EF
10-17-2010, 12:31 AM
^^^Agreed. They truly live a good life there. Easy to be jealous of if you have seen it.

ZenOps
10-17-2010, 08:01 AM
Thats what worries me. Many Euro nations live very well off (per capita) - and at the first sign of losing it - they tend to pull the trigger in doubt. Seems to be human nature for some.

Not only are they the most likely to immediately protest in the streets with flares, they are also the quickest to pickup a gun and start shooting (or start replacing flares with sticks of dynamite)

Canadians, we are a tougher breed for sure. If you lose a job as a lumberjack, you just find a job making maple syrup :burnout:

In Canada there is no change in law to protest about. Our govt doesn't do anything, lol. Maybe if we forced them to work three days of the week instead of two that might do something.

I swear, its like Euros have a special gene like a grasshopper that turns them into xenophobic locust when the population gets too high.

ZenOps
10-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by mazdavirgin

This is what democracy when it's not broken looks like... In Canada and the USA there is no chance in hell we would ever have protests like this because people are just too apathetic when it comes to politics.

You are definitely right about that. If I held up a protest sign saying "Rob Anders is a Terrorist" and walked down the street with a lit flare in downtown Calgary, I figure it would be less than 2 minutes before I would be in the pokey.

derpderp
10-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Dear ZenOps,

I wonder sometimes if you're like the king of blurring the line of troll and legitimate, or maybe you just came here as a joke and got a bit serious over time.

I don't really know but you're my favorite since your half wing-nut posts always make me laugh.

Love,

derpderp

kaput
10-17-2010, 10:13 AM