PDA

View Full Version : Car Hit In Walmart Parking Lot

Luang
10-17-2010, 12:13 AM
I was going into a parking stall in a walmart parking lot and was at a complete stop because i saw a van reversing and he didn't stop till he it my soarer i was fuckin pissed got out my car and and talked to the driver and got his info.

So here is the problem he hit the car the wheel was turned all the way to the left side so i think his van may have hit it (look at pic) and now when i stop i hear a clunking noise that wasn't there before will the insurance company try and make me prove this because i have no idea how i can prove it, and with the car being from japan how does the insurance handle this as far as repairs and everything go??

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9194/photobgo.jpg

If you've had the same experience please share what happened with the insurance. (its the weekend so i cant call them but i will do monday morning)

*edit* damage to the fender doesn't look that bad but its dented in pretty good

FraserB
10-17-2010, 12:16 AM
File police report, report to insurance, hope other driver does not lie.

Team_Mclaren
10-17-2010, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Luang
with the car being from japan how does the insurance handle this as far as repairs and everything go??

They'll have to send it back to Japan to have it fixed, there's a shortage of jdm parts in Canada. They might pay for the repair but you need to pay for the transport.

Luang
10-17-2010, 12:23 AM
ahahahahahaahahahahaah *serious face* ur jokin rite :S

chkolny541
10-17-2010, 12:27 AM
i think a member on here had a similar story with his 240, he had to ship it back, i think it cost 4-8k in shipping alone:(

Luang
10-17-2010, 12:28 AM
thats sooooooooo messed up i didnt tell the dude to hit my car they need to make it look like it did b4

sneek
10-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by chkolny541
i think a member on here had a similar story with his 240, he had to ship it back, i think it cost 4-8k in shipping alone:(

I remember that thread, perhaps I will do a search for it later.
I think that poster tried to order parts from Japan, but after many set backs/unwillingness of people to over night the parts, he ended up sending the car back. :guns:

derpderp
10-17-2010, 12:43 AM
Don't mean to derail this thread or anything but does anyone know where I can get a key cut for a JDM car?

I heard Canadian Tire doesn't meet Japanese key cutting specifications (Katana style key cutter). Do I have to ship my door back to Japan?

jzz30dk
10-17-2010, 12:47 AM
or since its a soarer instead of shipping it back just use lexus sc300 parts if you cant find soarer parts. or i believe that the soarer and mk4 supra share the same chassis so if it suspension or something those parts should work too.

Ihatetowait
10-17-2010, 12:49 AM
I just had to send my JDM wrx back to japan to get a suspension issue repaired after an accident :(

At least the other guys' company covered my shipping costs.

Luang
10-17-2010, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Ihatetowait
I just had to send my JDM wrx back to japan to get a suspension issue repaired after an accident :(

At least the other guys' company covered my shipping costs.

if it gets sent back which i hope it doesn't how long does it take to get there and back?

Ihatetowait
10-17-2010, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by derpderp
Don't mean to derail this thread or anything but does anyone know where I can get a key cut for a JDM car?

I heard Canadian Tire doesn't meet Japanese key cutting specifications (Katana style key cutter). Do I have to ship my door back to Japan?

Usually you can just pull the locks in the doors/trunk/key cylinder and send them all back to japan to be re-keyed.

I heard of one shop in red deer that has the katana cutter for JDM keys but I'm not sure if they have it running fully.

Pollywog
10-17-2010, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by derpderp

There is no way you would have to resort to that - just buy new lock cylinders online and have them shipped to you.

Ihatetowait
10-17-2010, 01:00 AM

if it gets sent back which i hope it doesn't how long does it take to get there and back?

Took mine 6 weeks with the repair time. Not a bad wait for stuff that only japanese mechanics can do.

black13
10-17-2010, 01:34 AM
since its rhd no one will touch it here, good luck.

Truevi3tromeo
10-17-2010, 09:00 AM
shouldve called insurance and possibly police at the scene.. take loads of pics and vids... that way they cant bs later... there's a lot of shady people... i got a parking lot incident... we said that we wont go to insurance.. next day get called to go into a cop station to file a report... there's no dmg on my car.. somehow their car received over 2K in dmg and personal injury... lol....

hopefully u had insurance done right away.. and possibly the other side are honest people... if the other side is already at 100% fault.. insurance should cover everything

Tik-Tok
10-17-2010, 09:07 AM
You guys a fucking mean. You don't have to send the whole car back to Japan. Just take it to any local repair shop, and they'll remove the front suspension and just send that, and reinstall it when it comes back.

It takes a long time though because of the overseas shipping, and you're car will be sitting in their shop for awhile.

jaysas_63
10-17-2010, 09:16 AM
this is what happens when you buy a JDM. You have to pay to play with the big boys

adidas
10-17-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
You guys a fucking mean. You don't have to send the whole car back to Japan. Just take it to any local repair shop, and they'll remove the front suspension and just send that, and reinstall it when it comes back.

It takes a long time though because of the overseas shipping, and you're car will be sitting in their shop for awhile.

Your wrong man. I went through the same thing and after getting suspension work done, the car had to be balanced by a Japanese manufacture. The ones in NA cant do the job.

bastardchild
10-17-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by jaysas_63
this is what happens when you buy a JDM. You have to pay to play with the big boys

Didn't know $3000 cars were for big boys :rofl:

tom_9109
10-17-2010, 09:31 AM
OP, don't every worry about it. Its all fixable and they're only fucking with you because you're gullible. If I recall the soarer can use sc400 parts which are readily available here.

Call insurance.
Make claim.
Be sure to be adamant that your car wasn't moving at all.
Hope you don't get fucked.

Carry collision?

89s1
10-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by jzz30dk
or since its a soarer instead of shipping it back just use lexus sc300 parts if you cant find soarer parts. or i believe that the soarer and mk4 supra share the same chassis so if it suspension or something those parts should work too.

Just before posting this did you happen to hear a loud "WHOOOSH" sound?

Just curious. :dunno:

DrSmith
10-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Hopefully they write it off, 1 less POS RHD on the road.

jzz30dk
10-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by 89s1

Just before posting this did you happen to hear a loud "WHOOOSH" sound?

Just curious. :dunno:

???

strong
10-17-2010, 11:17 AM
If your car was running and you were in it, well if I remember correctly it is considered a 50-50 fault so your insurance will cover your damage if you have collision if not it will come out of your pocket and having to ship your car back across the sea to be repaired you might want to consider a Honda yo :rolleyes:

ExtremeSi
10-17-2010, 11:47 AM
:rofl:

derpderp
10-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by tom_9109
OP, don't every worry about it. Its all fixable and they're only fucking with you because you're gullible. If I recall the soarer can use sc400 parts which are readily available here.

Call insurance.
Make claim.
Be sure to be adamant that your car wasn't moving at all.
Hope you don't get fucked.

Carry collision?

+Get it ready for shipping to Japan

Vanner
10-17-2010, 12:57 PM
To OP: Let's be smart and look in the logic to use common sense.

The first question: How much value is your JDM soarer by used market around? In most cases insurance companies would consider to write if off in most times. If the damage to be repaired is above its value - well that is what factors in there.

The second question: If your insurance decides it be deemed that your car need be sent back to Japan for proper repair... that's the BIG question - who pay for the transport expenses? Insurance companies usually don't like that option and may want offer you by compression their best offer to buy your car off. That's usually their preferable way to get out and save money.

If you still must want to save your car and get it fixed. Then the best thing is to order new JDM replacement parts and your car will be in shop for awhile. In the long way will save you a few bucks. Some people here say there are similar parts from other cars that may work.

My suggestion to you is to do your homework and check your "i" with dot and check every word with insurance to cover that costs. Do your homework in looking up EACH part number to the damaged parts to get the correct part without any mistake!

It sucks to own a JDM car but that's the price you pay, eh?

Guillermo
10-17-2010, 02:52 PM
1) you need to use periods. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_stop

2) you were buying stick on exhaust vents, weren't you? :nut:

kvg
10-17-2010, 03:21 PM
In one of my old cars I curbed a front corner and had to replace the control arm, and the rest of the suspension. I had it by a pro and after that it never handled the same. If you have to do one corner then you better do the whole suspension.

Luang
10-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Guillermo
2) you were buying stick on exhaust vents, weren't you? :nut: [/B]

making copies of my uncles portrait for his funeral the next day

kvg
10-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Guillermo you were buying stick on exhaust vents, weren't you? :nut:

making copies of my uncles portrait for his funeral the next day

:facepalm:

Squishy
10-17-2010, 04:40 PM

2) you were buying stick on exhaust vents, weren't you? :nut: what a knee slapper....

I hope you feel like an ass now

chkolny541
10-17-2010, 04:51 PM

2) you were buying stick on exhaust vents, weren't you? :nut:

yea good job man, you officially made this thread internet awkward