PDA

View Full Version : Leather Recliners

OU812
10-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Hey Beyond,

Went looking for leather recliners yesterday. Nicest ones were @ Crossroads made by Nitaly but dont fit budget.

Anyone have any recommendations they want to share.

Went to:
The Brick
Leons
Ashley
Lane
Crossroads

Lets have em

r3ccOs
10-18-2010, 01:08 PM
u get what you pay for....

Nitaly is not high-end... Crossroads is not high-end furnature and has no affiliation with the farmers market that once existed there.

The places you've listed, I don't feel carry or make a good product.

I've paid the price of buying pieces from the Brick and Leons and learned awfully quick how poorly made they are...
they claim with sofa's they're 8way hand tied... they lie
They claim to use high density foam... they lie

I've learned you get what you pay for :)

I boughtt my recliner from lazy-boy and bought my couch set from Natuzzi (not Nitality)

Sears home has a wide selection that you can find a good quality (mid-grade) setup that even the Brick or Leon can't match.

codetrap
10-18-2010, 03:38 PM
http://www.leons.ca/shared/product/product.aspx?ItemId=226236&ChildItemId=226236

This is what I bought, and I'm really really happy with it. Had them for 3 years now, and they're as nice as the day I bought them.

VERY comfortable for sleeping on.

http://content.blueport.com/ProductImages/0/34888.jpg

Graham_A_M
10-18-2010, 06:00 PM
www.nasource.com/Sofas.jsp

ExtraSlow
10-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Lazyboy.

OU812
10-21-2010, 08:50 PM
SO what should I expect to pay for a decent set then?

craigcd
10-21-2010, 09:40 PM
I shopped all over the place and ended up buying mine from Sears. They will give you the lowest sale price for the year if you ask usually and they sell decent stuff. They also sell Natuzzi- but it was out of my price range. We just ordered a love seat and couch for a reasonable price and it is 100% leather- stay away from bonded leather it is CRAP and wont last.

We paid 2000.00 and i think the orginal price was 3400.00 ish there is so much mark up in furniture:banghead: dont pay what they tell you there is always room to go lower.

Euro_Trash
10-22-2010, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
www.nasource.com/Sofas.jsp

Has anyone bought anything from these guys? We love some of the styles they have there, and the prices seem pretty good... what's the quality like?

craigcd
10-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash

Has anyone bought anything from these guys? We love some of the styles they have there, and the prices seem pretty good... what's the quality like?

Never bought anything from them so im just taking a guess on what i have seen shopping around. More than a couple of those designs I have seen in other stores and they were not 100% leather. Depending on where the couch is situated this may not be a big deal.

Graham_A_M
10-25-2010, 11:13 AM
^I used to work for them, so I know the quality quite well.
Its very decent, and the prices are great, specifically in comparison to what they'd cost from New York or Revolve furnishings locally. Here you'd pay $2k for what would cost $10k at Revolve. :dunno:
You'll be given a walk around when you buy it, BEFORE you take delivery, so if there are any any defects or problems; they'll address them right there.
Tell them Graham referred you if you'd like.

EDIT: I almost forgot. They also can custom design anything for you, and alter the measurements. So if you have a limited space but want a certain design they can do that for you. Although you'd have to pay for it before it was made obviously.

whiskas
10-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by craigcd
I shopped all over the place and ended up buying mine from Sears. They will give you the lowest sale price for the year if you ask usually and they sell decent stuff. They also sell Natuzzi- but it was out of my price range. We just ordered a love seat and couch for a reasonable price and it is 100% leather- stay away from bonded leather it is CRAP and wont last.

We paid 2000.00 and i think the orginal price was 3400.00 ish there is so much mark up in furniture:banghead: dont pay what they tell you there is always room to go lower.

Seconding Sears, but stay away from the one in Brentwood. The one near ikea has better service and selection. They usually have great boxing day sales, I saved almost $1000 on my couch.

craigcd
10-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^I used to work for them, so I know the quality quite well.
Its very decent, and the prices are great, specifically in comparison to what they'd cost from New York or Revolve furnishings locally. Here you'd pay $2k for what would cost $10k at Revolve. :dunno:
You'll be given a walk around when you buy it, BEFORE you take delivery, so if there are any any defects or problems; they'll address them right there.
Tell them Graham referred you if you'd like.

EDIT: I almost forgot. They also can custom design anything for you, and alter the measurements. So if you have a limited space but want a certain design they can do that for you. Although you'd have to pay for it before it was made obviously.

Good to know- i know i have seen some of those designs in "bonded" leather however there are a million different configurations of every couch and they are all copied.

craigcd
10-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by whiskas

Seconding Sears, but stay away from the one in Brentwood. The one near ikea has better service and selection. They usually have great boxing day sales, I saved almost $1000 on my couch.

Sears will always give you the lowest advertised price if you ask.

canadian4life
11-14-2011, 11:55 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Mar
11-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Lazyboy.
La-Z-Boy

r3ccOs
11-15-2011, 01:11 PM
First off, cross roads is pratically a scam and there is nothing quality there... nitaly? really?

Just as bad are those couches made of pratically OSB and foam from the brick, leons, etc...

You pay for what you get... I've learnt

Quality foams are important, the suspension system is important, the quality of the materials and manufaturing is important...

Unless the couch has little use, it should wear well.

I buy most of my stuff from la-z-boy, home evo, Bondards, Jaques and ethan allen
Hardwood kelm season'd frames
8 way hand-tied suspension
multiple densisity foam materials
quality leathers or microsuede
Great Warranty

Its like anything you get what you pay for.

Buy the brick, and you'll end up with back problems when the foam wears, with their cheap webbing suspension and your ass touches the ground, while the bonded leather is cracking at the seams

Oh, Natuzzi makes good stuff for sure, never had a problem with that, and Sears home furnishing does carry decent stuff... I'd trust them to procure from better vendors than the no-name stuff the Bricks & Leon's carry

McArthurs & Cricklewood are both awesome as well

bighead2267
11-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Nordesign??
base on the sales asscoiate told me, they mention the thinkness of the leather could make a different about the wear on the sinking issue. it's not necessary just the foam and suspension. not sure how true that is??

personally, i use Natuzzi for all my couch but have to admit their quality of the leather gone down hill significantly plus they are mostly made in Shanghai (china) now.

hurrdurr
11-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Seen a lot of Natuzzi leather couches go for cheap at Graham Auctions in the past

BigMass
11-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Sears has some great quality stuff but the key is to wait for their sales since regular pricing can be quite steep