PDA

View Full Version : Starting a business

wow600rr
10-17-2010, 07:51 PM
I've been thinking about a starting a new business and after asking quite a few of people that I know, most of them don't seem to know much about it. I am about to finish school and after paying loans of, I still have a bit of spare cash that could be use for some investing. But I would rather start something of my own rather than investing. With a job lined up already and rest of the finances pretty stable, I thought its time to go this route.

I have been thinking of starting a security company. I did some research and business fees, license, insurance and most of my other expenses in, I think I would average around $10,000 start up costs. Now starting a business and developing it are two completely different things. I would imagine that obtaining contracts for different complexes, buildings and sites etc. would take up a lot of networking/ marketing.

How would you go about this? Any insight as to how I can start obtaining contracts would be very helpful since obtaining licenses and stuff is not that hard. I know I am not providing all the information that would make it easier, but if anyone has any experience with this industry or client care of some sort, it would be very beneficial.

copynpaste
10-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Momentum on Memorial. Speak to frank.