PDA

View Full Version : Rooms for Living and Brian Sidorsky

dirtsniffer
10-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Sorry for the long read.
I went down to the ‘Rooms for Living’ warehouse yesterday to pick up some furniture I had on order, only to discover that the coffee table I purchased wasn’t the one they ordered. Obviously, I had to drive over to the ‘Rooms for Living’ showroom to try and find my correct table. Once I was in the store the management acknowledged their mistake and was going to try and find me a floor model. I told them I did not want a floor model because it would not fit in my car and I also paid for brand new furniture.

This is when I began my ‘conversation’ with Brian Sidorsky, he told me that he was doing me a favour by giving me the floor model because I wouldn’t have to assemble it and that it was ‘as good as new’. After Brian Sidorsky realized I wasn’t going to take a floor model he proceeded to tell me that I was going to have to wait for him to call me on ‘Monday or Tuesday’ once he figured out when they could get the correct table from Ashley furniture.

I decided I did not want to wait another 5 weeks for a table to show up so I told Brian Sidorsky to cancel my order and just to refund my full purchase. He then proceeded to talk over me and say that ‘special orders are not refundable.’ I then proceeded to tell him that my salesman told me a special order was something custom from distributors that they would have a hard time selling if the order was cancelled (like a pink couch or something). Brian Sidorsky then proceeded to tell me that anything they have to order in (basically, anything not a floor model) was a ‘special order.’ I told him that just because it was their store policy doesn’t mean it’s in line with the Alberta fair trade agreement. Brian Sidorsky then proceeded to say ‘you can either listen to me, or we can sit here and argue all day.’

Once he started to feed me this crap I told him I would just dispute the charges with VISA and that would be the end of it. Brian Sidorsky once again started to talk over me (loud enough customers started to notice) saying I would be stupid to open a dispute with VISA and that I wouldn’t get my money back because all he has to do was prove that my items were in transit. Considering they ordered the wrong piece, I doubt the correct piece was in transit.

After I asked Brian Sidorsky again to talk to me at a reasonable level he decided he had enough of talking to me and just walked off into the offices leaving me there. After all this, a manager came out of an office and told me they had an extra one in the warehouse that I was just at (no fucking way) and that he would personally drive over there to make sure it was released to me. He also apologized for the mistake made by the store and apologized for the way Brian Sidorsky had treated me. Not only did Brian Sidorsky not apologize, he never even checked to see if that coffee table was in stock!

After all was said and done I ended up with the correct furniture (how did any of this happen if they had the right piece in stock?) But I promise I will never again deal with either ‘Rooms for Living’ or Brian Sidorsky.
These are my personal experiences and opinions of Brian Sidorsky and Rooms for Living.

Coles notes
1. Rooms for living admits mistake in ordering of furniture
2. Brian Sidorsky says take a floor model or wait for new order, because NO REFUNDS
3. Talks over me enough to cause a scene in front of his own customers
4. The one competent person who works at rooms for living realizes they have one in stock at the warehouse and I receive goods.

dj_rice
10-17-2010, 10:11 PM
Wow this is the 2nd thread about him

J.M.
10-17-2010, 10:32 PM
:nut:

kvg
10-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Was the coffee table make by Ashley? I could cause him major greif as I believe he is too close to the ashley store to sell their product. If it is can you let me know the model and maybe put up a photo. I'll call a friend of mine at the Ashley store and possibly cause him issues.:thumbsup:
I think Brian Sidorsky got in trouble for this before.

TomcoPDR
10-17-2010, 11:37 PM
I think the legal notice for thread removal will be dated on October 20, 2010... around 11:23am

dirtsniffer
10-17-2010, 11:41 PM
this is the coffee table I purchased from rooms for living
http://www.ashleyfurniture.com/Showroom/Showroom.aspx?PageId=Showroom&CategoryID=4&ItemNo=T670-8&SetDomTab=1&SeriesNo=T670&CollectionId=&style=&PageNumber=1&IsClicked=1&CatPageNumber=2

why would this thread need to be removed?

dj_rice
10-18-2010, 07:38 AM
The first thread which came to a happy ending got removed also.

kvg
10-18-2010, 10:14 AM
They can sell Ashley tables. Sorry to hear Brian Sidorsky treated another beyonder so poorly.

TomcoPDR
06-11-2011, 01:52 PM
I think they're having a out of business sale today, that or the Brick. On Macleod and Southland, didn't actually drive into the strip mall, but someone in that complex is having out of biz sale.

Hakkola
06-11-2011, 02:22 PM
It is rooms for living, I think I saw the signs a week or two ago saying that they're going out of business.

kvg
06-11-2011, 02:40 PM
First they were a Home Furniture, then rooms for living, now its gonna be something else, all in a few years. People in the business just laugh at that clown.

93VR6
06-11-2011, 04:00 PM
I just shipped about 90 different pieces to rooms for living this past week, seems like a lot for "going out of business"

dirtsniffer
03-22-2014, 08:29 PM
Can a moderator fix my trader rating? Apparently someone decided to mess with my feedback due to this thread.

Also, apparently Brian Sidosky was swindling people out of money in a trailer park during the early '90s. CFCN busted him and he tried to sue them, unsuccessfully

link to court documents (http://caselaw.canada.globe24h.com/0/0/alberta/court-of-queen-s-bench/1994/09/27/sidorsky-v-cfcn-communications-ltd-1994-9042-ab-qb.shtml. )

Sugarphreak
03-23-2014, 11:07 AM

GTS4tw
03-23-2014, 11:40 AM
http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/9411307590/sometimes-media-get-right

TomcoPDR
03-23-2014, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
Can a moderator fix my trader rating? Apparently someone decided to mess with my feedback due to this thread.

Also, apparently Brian Sidosky was swindling people out of money in a trailer park during the early '90s. CFCN busted him and he tried to sue them, unsuccessfully

link to court documents (http://caselaw.canada.globe24h.com/0/0/alberta/court-of-queen-s-bench/1994/09/27/sidorsky-v-cfcn-communications-ltd-1994-9042-ab-qb.shtml. )

The link doesn't work for me. Update on link please??

The_Penguin
03-23-2014, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by 93VR6
I just shipped about 90 different pieces to rooms for living this past week, seems like a lot for "going out of business"

How many "Going out of business" sales has Sidorsky had since the 70's? I can't believe he's STILL in the furniture biz.

The_Penguin
03-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

The link doesn't work for me. Update on link please??

http://caselaw.canada.globe24h.com/0/0/alberta/court-of-queen-s-bench/1994/09/27/sidorsky-v-cfcn-communications-ltd-1994-9042-ab-qb.shtml

kvg
03-23-2014, 04:41 PM
Home Furniture> Rooms for Living> Timothy Freds> and now Furniture Extreme:rofl:

http://shop.furnitureextreme.com/

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/Will+Smith+Will+Smith+Set+Midtown+4VG2MDSmzsil.jpg

gamman
03-24-2014, 12:29 AM
This brian sidorsky guy? Of LANsdown equity? Look he is investing in the USA. Furniture salesman or land developer?

http://www.rivcoeda.org/Publication/EXPORT/Magazine%20May%202012/files/assets/basic-html/page2.html

No doubt from the money he got from this:

http://www.calgarybusinessdiversity.com/index.php?src=news&srctype=detail&category=Features&refno=5

And Lansdowne Equity Ventures, which was established in 1972 and today has about 100 employees, is poised to take advantage of the upswing in the real estate market.

Lansdowne is "an integrated real estate investment company and it has four business units," Sandford explains. "One is involved in land assembly. Another business is involved in actual development of properties. So we're trying to increase the highest and best use of property through land use and subdivision. Re-zoning if you like.

"And we have two property management businesses. One which is in shopping centres and the other which is in mobile home parks."

Lansdowne has 10 mobile home parks located primarily in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

"We're probably the largest mobile home park operator in Western Canada," Sandford says.

"We have 10 commercial shopping centres of which three of them are located along Macleod Trail and are designated as transit-oriented development sites, which is very important for future development."

It also has close to 50 landrelated sites that they have opportunities for development.

One of the most recognized sites in Calgary for redevelopment is the East Hills shopping centre project along 17th Avenue and 84th Street S.E. by Trinity Development Group.

"That land assembly was done by Lansdowne, which resulted in us having an equity position in the East Hills shopping centre with Trinity, RioCan and the Canada Pension Plan," Sandford says.

End quote

Edit just read that cfcn libel suit. Yes it's the same guy but not sure if furniture guy is the same as the red carpet lands down equity guy. That guy, as life shows is a POS, and now, it appears can live a beautiful life retired in California from what maybe appears from people's inability to read and listen to lies....assembles land with basically others people money (not really, but you get what I mean), sells to rio can and cpp, and is set for life. Sad. Where is karma?

Edit x2.
What are the chances there are two dicks named Brian sidorsky? The LANsdown guy is like 70 yrs old. How old is/was the furniture salesman?

you&me
03-24-2014, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by gamman
This brian sidorsky guy? Of LANsdown equity? Look he is investing in the USA. Furniture salesman or land developer?

http://www.rivcoeda.org/Publication/EXPORT/Magazine%20May%202012/files/assets/basic-html/page2.html

No doubt from the money he got from this:

http://www.calgarybusinessdiversity.com/index.php?src=news&srctype=detail&category=Features&refno=5

And Lansdowne Equity Ventures, which was established in 1972 and today has about 100 employees, is poised to take advantage of the upswing in the real estate market.

Lansdowne is "an integrated real estate investment company and it has four business units," Sandford explains. "One is involved in land assembly. Another business is involved in actual development of properties. So we're trying to increase the highest and best use of property through land use and subdivision. Re-zoning if you like.

"And we have two property management businesses. One which is in shopping centres and the other which is in mobile home parks."

Lansdowne has 10 mobile home parks located primarily in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

"We're probably the largest mobile home park operator in Western Canada," Sandford says.

"We have 10 commercial shopping centres of which three of them are located along Macleod Trail and are designated as transit-oriented development sites, which is very important for future development."

It also has close to 50 landrelated sites that they have opportunities for development.

One of the most recognized sites in Calgary for redevelopment is the East Hills shopping centre project along 17th Avenue and 84th Street S.E. by Trinity Development Group.

"That land assembly was done by Lansdowne, which resulted in us having an equity position in the East Hills shopping centre with Trinity, RioCan and the Canada Pension Plan," Sandford says.

End quote

Edit just read that cfcn libel suit. Yes it's the same guy but not sure if furniture guy is the same as the red carpet lands down equity guy. That guy, as life shows is a POS, and now, it appears can live a beautiful life retired in California from what maybe appears from people's inability to read and listen to lies....assembles land with basically others people money (not really, but you get what I mean), sells to rio can and cpp, and is set for life. Sad. Where is karma?

Edit x2.
What are the chances there are two dicks named Brian sidorsky? The LANsdown guy is like 70 yrs old. How old is/was the furniture salesman?

Same guy.

Has mega-bucks from his real estate... It's always seemed strange that he bothers dicking around with the furniture business, though I guess owning the plaza has a little something to do with it.

Lex350
03-24-2014, 07:14 AM
This guy has been around for years screwing people over.

gamman
03-28-2014, 11:23 PM
how much money would you have to have to NOT sell furniture? I am in no way disparaging furniture sales, but his is like used furniture isn't it?

If he was just "covering" due to bad staffing levels, that's one thing, but it sounds like he is there on a more regular basis....

sad...