PDA

View Full Version : Window tinting - some great deals to be had on Kijiji!

copynpaste
10-17-2010, 10:46 PM
So I know what the shops charge and its not cheap. Talking about the standard driver and passenger windows tinted. I notice theres a few people on kijiji who do it from their garage for roughly $140 for the 2 windows - no tax, done in 1hr. Anyone have any exp with any of them? I didnt know 2 windows can be done in 1hr, I dont want a rushed job.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-other-Professional-Window-Film-TINT-Installation-FULLY-MOBILE-W0QQAdIdZ236098587

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-automotive-services-repairs-maintenance-Window-Tinting-and-Windshield-Repair-W0QQAdIdZ224157976

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-automotive-services-other-BEST-PRICES-AUTOMOTIVE-WINDOW-TINTING-W0QQAdIdZ196606819

G-ZUS
10-17-2010, 10:52 PM
$140 for 2 windows? out of someones garage? too much. Theres some asian guy in forest lawn who does it out of his garage, last time my friend went there he charged 180 for the whole car.

Jetta-2.0
10-17-2010, 10:55 PM
2 windows for 140 bucks? lol ur getting ripped off already... go here http://www.tintingillusions.com/ hes beyonds sponsor too he will do it fo 100 bucks give or take

Guillermo
10-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Jetta-2.0
2 windows for 140 bucks? lol ur getting ripped off already... go here http://www.tintingillusions.com/ hes beyonds sponsor too he will do it fo 100 bucks give or take

not quite man, i paid almost $400 at tinting illusions for 4 doors and back window.

EDIT: and I would never pay some random guy to tint my windows in his garage... even if he does a good job, i would rather pay more for work from a reputable shop with warranty, etc.

Jetta-2.0
10-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
$140 for 2 windows? out of someones garage? too much. Theres some asian guy in forest lawn who does it out of his garage, last time my friend went there he charged 180 for the whole car.
that guy is an asshole when i took my jetta to him he wouldnt go even under 200 bucks

Jetta-2.0
10-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Guillermo

not quite man, i paid almost $400 at tinting illusions for 4 doors and back window.

oh ok but the back window by it self is like 100 bucks i dont know i have done my car there and the finaces car there he gave me a really good deal, he even took off my old tints and put new ones to color match them

msommers
10-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Trying to find ways to be a cheap ass again eh :rofl:

copynpaste
10-17-2010, 11:41 PM

....then the customer either gets their car jacked after or robbed just cause its forest lawn lol.

Dude I dont even think id go to forest lawn even if i was offered a FREE tint job!

Disoblige
10-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Seriously.. Save yourself a thread on how shitty a job you received, or a few months later the tint started peeling..

Just take it to a shop and usually they have a lifetime warranty on the tint not bubbling, discoloring, etc. It's a no-brainer! C'mon lol.. Seriously..

:thumbsup:

copynpaste
10-18-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Seriously.. Save yourself a thread on how shitty a job you received, or a few months later the tint started peeling..

Just take it to a shop and usually they have a lifetime warranty on the tint not bubbling, discoloring, etc. It's a no-brainer! C'mon lol.. Seriously..

:thumbsup:

k sounds good will go to a shop instead. Ill see what other beyonders here recommend.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

G-ZUS
10-18-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by copynpaste

....then the customer either gets their car jacked after or robbed just cause its forest lawn lol.

Dude I dont even think id go to forest lawn even if i was offered a FREE tint job!

:facepalm: Beggars can't be choosers

Originally posted by msommers
Trying to find ways to be a cheap ass again eh :rofl:

:werd:

GOnSHO
10-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by copynpaste

actually the shop on 17th and 44th is one of the only shops i would go to get my beretta or truck done... he does GREAT work for a good price... and has an awesome warranty

Xtrema
10-18-2010, 11:26 AM
#1, that isn't cheap at all.

#2, it's windows, you see thru them all the time. A shitty job will make you mad.

omfgcurtis
10-18-2010, 10:14 PM

I have seen this "hassib"s work done for $140 and it is very poor, there was spots missed and some air bubbles, he told him "it will go away after 2 weeks and the tint will stretch and cover it, if not come back". he did not warranty my friends windows like he said he would and the rear window has already peeled off.

CPat
10-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Jetta-2.0

+1 Jared does high quality work.
You get what you pay for and he's reasonable.

spender
10-20-2010, 07:26 AM
+1 for Jarod at Tinting Illusions. He did such a good job on my Porsche that even the service guys at the dealer thought it had been ordered stock with the tint.

7thgenvic
10-20-2010, 07:41 AM
+jarod@ tinting illusions is the only guy I would even trust touching tint for one of my cars. The guys is awesome!

G-ZUS
10-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by omfgcurtis

I have seen this "hassib"s work done for $140 and it is very poor, there was spots missed and some air bubbles, he told him "it will go away after 2 weeks and the tint will stretch and cover it, if not come back". he did not warranty my friends windows like he said he would and the rear window has already peeled off.

Is that the guy on the corner of 44st and 14 Ave? Im not sure his name, but I have got a couple cars done there and they allturned out good

ddduke
10-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by spender
+1 for Jarod at Tinting Illusions. He did such a good job on my Porsche that even the service guys at the dealer thought it had been ordered stock with the tint.

Does anyone know if he'll do 5% all the way around? I recently spoke to someone at Shadow and the refused to do it for me.

omfgcurtis
10-24-2010, 12:19 PM

Is that the guy on the corner of 44st and 14 Ave? Im not sure his name, but I have got a couple cars done there and they allturned out good

I dont think so, he is up near 68th if i remember. This guy was doing it out of his parents garage..

Muji
10-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
+jarod@ tinting illusions is the only guy I would even trust touching tint for one of my cars. The guys is awesome!

Agreed. Great tint job, fast, no issues well over a year later. Oh yeah, he charged less than $250 for seven windows. Who can do better? No one, I checked around for two weeks.

Just call Jarod and be done with it.

G-ZUS
10-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by omfgcurtis

I dont think so, he is up near 68th if i remember. This guy was doing it out of his parents garage..

Thats a different guy,this is an asian guy on the corner of 14 Ave and 44 St across from the school