PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get this Facebook Scam/Spam?

V6-BoI
10-18-2010, 12:34 AM
So I just got this invitation through facebook that says "Apple for ______" where the ______ is your first name on your Facebook account. The details of the event say:

Welcome to Apple For ______. You have all been specially invited to be official Apple product testers!

Products will be shipped via FedEx overnight. After testing is complete in 2-3 weeks you will get to keep the products.

Click on the link below and our official testing page will confirm your participation:

http://officialtesters.info/

Now I put the URL as a spoiler to prevent anyone here from accidently clicking on the link.

I'm just posting this because I've never received any scams/spams through Facebook before, and even though this is pretty obvious, just a heads up to anyone else who gets this.

97'Scort
10-18-2010, 12:38 AM
You must be new to the internet.

Feruk
10-18-2010, 09:06 AM
Yep I got this as well. Delete and disregard.

toyboy88
10-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Feruk
Yep I got this as well. Delete and disregard.

Exact same as well.

Awd-Tsi
10-18-2010, 09:38 AM
YOu must be lucky, I never got one :(

Zhariak
10-18-2010, 09:52 AM
I don't get much scamming and spamming.

One thing I do get alot of are:

1) MLM'ers - I hate these people. I already own my own REAL business, that has a REAL business model, and I make REAL money.... NO I don't want to sell shit to people to sell to more people who sell to more people who eventually get stuck with the product, and NO I don't want o hit a target of sales to get a FREE lease on some stupid card. These always start off with "You seem like a sharp guy", "You seem savy with biz", or "I have a meeting to go to, and I want you to come". My friends even know if they approach me with this shit I'll never talk to them again.

2) Party/Event Planners - No I don't want to help your event out. I DON'T want to tell all my friends about your party and make 5 bucks per person.

I wish I could send a fucking invoice to these people for wasting my time.