PDA

View Full Version : Shipping From the States? -> BONGO?

v2kai
10-18-2010, 07:13 PM
UPDATE:

so thought I'd update on my experience with gamesforcanada.com; worked out great. top notch communication and service. Fair pricing and trustworthy.

They also have two services you can use:

a direct request service (i used this) where you send details of what and where you want to order something. Send money, they order it, receive it and forward it to you.

or you can use the package forwarding service. essentially you order and get it sent to them, then you pay for forwarded shipping and they'll forward it on to you.

overall I'd highly recommend them to any beyonder having troubles getting that car elusive car part or whatever your needs, shipped from that stubborn US retailer refusing to ship to Canada. :thumbsup: despite their domain name they are not limited to videogames and will do pretty much anything it seems.

thanks rvd for the recommendation:thumbsup:

INFO UPDATE on BONGO:

so apparently ercchry didnt have the best experience with them and avoidance seems like the best approach with bongo.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=298295&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

Gonna try the the other guys recommended in this thread will update how it goes.

Original Post:
So I just stumbled across this and wondered if anyone on beyond has used this service before or if it's a new thing. Having been bent over by brokerage fees and struggling with US retailers not shipping to Canada this almost seems too good to be true but I'm really hoping it's not and potentially could be the lesser and cheaper of all evils when attempting to buy and ship something from the states.

I'm aware of the warehouse thing others have done by the border but the drive down is still a pain I'd rather not have to go through. Might be more beneficial and cost effective to people purchasing larger quantities but I'm still doing my initial reading to see if it is a worthwhile option for the little guy and occasional online shopper.

The jist:
You sign up and pay a one time fee or subscription fee. When you order things you get it shipped to their warehouse, and they forward it to you when you upon your request.

Our job at Bongo International is to take in the goods, store them, repackage them when our customers advise us, and handle any custom related issues that may arise. Bongo and our distribution partners, who have been providing international delivery for decades, handle these goods with confidence and care. The end result is a very powerful service that has now linked US businesses with international consumers.
http://bongous.com/

So has anyone every heard of, or used this service before?

RickDaTuner
10-18-2010, 07:33 PM
*nvm

list of countries this is offered too

Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
American Samoa
Andorra
Angola
Anguilla
Antigua
Argentina
Armenia
Aruba
Australia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Bahamas
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belarus
Belgium
Belize
Benin
Bermuda
Bhutan
Bolivia
Bonaire
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Botswana
Brazil
Brunei
Bulgaria
Burkina Faso
Burundi
Cambodia
Cameroon
Canada
Canary Islands
Cape Verde
Cayman Islands
Central African Republic
Chad
Chile
China
Colombia
Comoros Islands
Congo
Cook Islands
Costa Rica
Croatia
Cuba
Curacao
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Djibouti
Dominica
Dominican Republic
East Timor
Ecuador
Egypt
El Salvador
Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea
Estonia
Ethiopia
Falkland Islands
Faroe Islands
Fiji Islands
Finland
France
French Guiana
Gabon
Gambia
Georgia
Germany
Ghana
Gibraltar
Greece
Greenland
Grenada
Guadeloupe
Guam
Guatemala
Guernsey
Guinea
Guinea-Bissau
Guyana
Haiti
Honduras
Hong Kong
Hungary
Iceland
India
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Ivory Coast
Jamaica
Japan
Jersey
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kenya
Kiribati
North Korea
South Korea
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Laos
Latvia
Lebanon
Lesotho
Liberia
Libya
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macau
Macedonia
Madagascar
Malawi
Malaysia
Maldives
Mali
Malta
Marshall Islands
Martinique
Mauritania
Mauritius
Mayotte
Mexico
Moldova
Monaco
Mongolia
Montserrat
Morocco
Mozambique
Myanmar
Namibia
Nauru
Nepal
Netherlands
Nevis
New Caledonia
New Zealand
Nicaragua
Niger
Nigeria
Niue Island
Norway
Oman
Pakistan
Panama
Papua New Guinea
Paraguay
Peru
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Qatar
Reunion Island
Romania
Russia
Rwanda
Saipan
Sao Tome & Principe
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
Solomon Islands
Somalia
Somaliland
South Africa
Spain
Sri Lanka
St. Barthelemy
St. Eustatius
St. Kitts
St. Lucia
St. Maarten
St. Vincent
Suriname
Swaziland
Sweden
Switzerland
Syria
Tahiti
Taiwan
Tajikistan
Tanzania
Thailand
Togo
Tonga
Trinidad & Tobago
Tunisia
Turkey
Turkmenistan
Turks & Caicos Islands
Tuvalu
Uganda
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
Uruguay
Uzbekistan
Vanuatu
Venezuela
Vietnam
Virgin Islands -UK
Virgin Islands -US
Western Samoa
Yemen
Yugoslavia
Zambia
Zimbabwe

rvd
10-19-2010, 12:17 AM
Use these guys chief.

http://www.gamesforcanada.com/main-page.php

v2kai
10-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by rvd
Use these guys chief.

http://www.gamesforcanada.com/main-page.php
these guys look like cheaper alternative to bongo after doing some more reading on the bongo site. Have you used them before?

Crymson
10-19-2010, 03:38 PM
There was actually a thread on here a while back, last year sometime, about a dude bitching about these guys. I guess there is some fine print you need to be wary of. He thought it worked one way, but their website was ambiguously worded and it actually worked the other way. Not sure on the details.

v2kai
10-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Crymson
There was actually a thread on here a while back, last year sometime, about a dude bitching about these guys. I guess there is some fine print you need to be wary of. He thought it worked one way, but their website was ambiguously worded and it actually worked the other way. Not sure on the details.

bitching about bongo? or the other guys gamesforcanada? gonna see if i can pull it up

v2kai
11-29-2010, 01:56 PM
so thought I'd update on my experience with gamesforcanada.com; worked out great. top notch communication and service. Fair pricing and trustworthy.

They also have two services you can use:

a direct request service (i used this) where you send details of what and where you want to order something. Send money, they order it, receive it and forward it to you.

or you can use the package forwarding service. essentially you order and get it sent to them, then you pay for forwarded shipping and they'll forward it on to you.

overall I'd highly recommend them to any beyonder having troubles getting that car elusive car part or whatever your needs, shipped from that stubborn US retailer refusing to ship to Canada. :thumbsup: despite their domain name they are not limited to videogames and will do pretty much anything it seems.

:thumbsup:

Mar
11-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Nice, always had trouble getting things from McMaster-Carr, ended up sending previous orders to random people in the USA I never met. They forwarded it to me though. :thumbsup: