Vehicle Details
Year : 1995
Make and Model : Integra GSR
Exterior Color : black
Interior Color : black
Auto or Manual? : Manual
Odometer Reading : 220k
price : $1000

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1995-Acura-Integra-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ236509688

This is not my car, I am just trying to help the seller out even though I just met him today. When I ran a carfax it turned out the car was stolen in 1998 and $6100 worth of repairs were done. I was just looking for a cheap winter beater so I went to check it out anyway. The owner is a young kid who just graduated high school, he didn't get the vin checked when he bought it and is now paying the price.

There is a lot of rust on the rear fenders, but otherwise the paint and body are in good shape. Also he took it to a mechanic and was told it needs new cv axels which he has bought but has not replaced, these will need to be replaced right away, it sounds horrible. The only other thing is the driver side window gets stuck going up.

Other wise the car is in good running order. The engine still pulls hard. Car shifts very smooth as well no grinds and the brakes are in really good condition too.

Anyways with that being said he was ready to let it go for $1000 considering the history, however again I was looking for a winter car and this one is slammed and I don't want to bother with raising it back up or fixing the other things.

The reason why I am positing this is because the kid is moving back to BC and wants to get rid of it. He told me he is going to take it to the junk yard and see what he can get.

I was really tempted to buy this since it was so cheap but I couldn't be bothered to fix it up. So I am posting this up here since I know there are a lot of people on this site who may be interested in the car and I feel bad for the kid.

So anyways if you are interested in a really cheap gsr project this is a good car to start at. I am by no means a mechanic so I can't guarantee there are no other issues, but for those of you mechanically inclined this may be a steal.

Lastly, if this is against the rules since beyond doesn't allow new members any more, mods by all means take this down. I am just trying to let people know of a good project that may end up going to the junker.

If your interested just email him through kijiji or pm for his number

X_EVO_X
10-19-2010, 10:26 PM
Very nice of you to post it here for the kid as his ad would probably not get much feed back the way he has it written. Seems like a decent option for a cheap track car with those things repaired. I may have a friend whos interested.

Kittens11
10-19-2010, 10:29 PM
deffs interested.. see if i can meet up with him tomorrow!

Nav13
10-21-2010, 04:06 PM
If anyone off beyond ends up buying this car please let me know, I'd like to know what ends up happening to this car.

JKL@STRD
10-21-2010, 05:36 PM
pm'd for phone number

thanks

Nav13
10-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Sorry guys but it looks like he is not responding to anyone any longer. He has not responded to me since the day I went to see the car. I have no idea what happened to the car or what he did with it. I would just consider this one sold, or worse junked.

Kittens11
10-21-2010, 11:58 PM
I went and seen the car last night and its in pretty rough shape. It is leaking oil like crazy and seems to be burning it fairly badly as well. I have driven some higher milage vtec hondas and i know they burn oil but this was fairly bad so i am not sure of the health of the engine. The clutch seems like it needs to be replaced fairly quickly as the pedal seems to stick to the floor for a second after you lift your foot. The rust is right through the body on the fenders and it also some other fairly major spots starting all over the place i don't think you could do a bondo job on the car if you wanted to. Just thought i would let people know so they dint think they were missing out on to much. My friend who is a mechanic said it needed at least two grand to pass a legit safety.

Nav13
10-22-2010, 12:36 AM
Like I said in my first post there is a lot of rust on the fenders. Just curious how could you tell the car was burning a lot of oil? I got the owner to rev the engine and I checked the color of the exhaust and it seemed fine. It's not that I don't believe you, I just want to know if there's other ways to check to see if a car burns oil.

I didn't experience any problems with the clutch when I drove it at all, but again I am not doubting you, it's just that it seemed fine when I drove it. The car is in rough shape, but like I said, could be good for someone mechanically inclined, for only $1000 or less.

Kittens11
10-23-2010, 12:40 AM
ya man i don't know when me and my buddy drove it the clutch pedal was sticking to the floor i am not a mechanic but my buddy said he has seen it a few times and it is the clutch for sure so i took his word for it :dunno: . And when he took of at brought it up to 5000-6000 it was defiantly blowing smoke and it just reaked of burning oil in the car. We only took it around the block and it was leaking oil pretty bad we followed the trail all around the block. And by all means its not a bad deal i even offered him $800..just wanted to let people know what my experience with the car was and the work that might be involved with getting it running properly and reliably.

TegraLover
10-23-2010, 09:33 AM
ive emailed the kid 3 times anf havnt got a responce. how r u guys able to view? when i cant even get a reply.. haha

Big_Fat
10-23-2010, 10:41 PM
i got his number but he wont even pick up anymore...he may have decided to keep it or he said he had another guy coming to see it the night i went and looked so it may have sold.

Rui M
10-24-2010, 02:35 AM
it's a gsr for a $1000 and people are complaining lol. that car is probably sold and you will most likely see it back up for sale @ $2000..

I didn't buy it, just saying.

Nav13
10-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Kittens11
ya man i don't know when me and my buddy drove it the clutch pedal was sticking to the floor i am not a mechanic but my buddy said he has seen it a few times and it is the clutch for sure so i took his word for it :dunno: . And when he took of at brought it up to 5000-6000 it was defiantly blowing smoke and it just reaked of burning oil in the car. We only took it around the block and it was leaking oil pretty bad we followed the trail all around the block. And by all means its not a bad deal i even offered him $800..just wanted to let people know what my experience with the car was and the work that might be involved with getting it running properly and reliably.

Fair enough, yea I should have been more thorough when checking it out. Didn't mean to misguide anyone .

Kittens11
10-25-2010, 01:39 AM
O no man thx for posting it up. For some one that has the time and money to put into it i am sure they could flip it and double there money fairly easily.