PDA

View Full Version : Honda Tuning Options

Myz
10-19-2010, 10:15 PM
I was wondering, what are my options in terms of management systems (stand alone or piggy back) for a track only race car?
Since it isn't going to be a daily drive & is being built purely for the performance, fuel consumption is not a variable i'm after.
I merely need good/smooth power/torque delivery with good reliability.

So, apart from what my options are, who would you guys recommend i visit to get the car tuned?
E-tuning is not really an option to me, nor is road tuning.

I'm looking for a shop that knows honda tuning really well, with a good reputation for building full blown race cars as well as daily drives AND....more than anything, utilizes a dyno & exhaust gas analyzer as part of their tuning tools.

I know this post will probably attract several responses telling me to google the many EMS's from Haltech to AEM etc etc.

Since i'm new to Canada, I don't know of the lower to middle of the range systems that offer reliable tuning at a reasonable cost.
Any direction received is appreciated.

streethondas
10-19-2010, 11:13 PM
For piggy back you can use hondata that's the best bang for the buck, if you want to spend a little more then go with a standalone (apexi power fc etc) and for tuning talk to Toma on here, he's pretty much the go to guy for dyno tuning. However there are couple of other tuning shops around.. Just google "dyno Calgary"

Good luck with the race car ;)

JZS_147
10-20-2010, 09:55 AM
RCTS, Only Hondata dealer in Calgary. Reg has tuned a ton of fast Hondas.

Mr_ET
10-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Hondata is a piggyback and almost a full standalone depending on the version. An S300 can damn near do everything.

It is also much easier to use and setup than an AEM EMS or a MOTEC.

I would recommend that or free software based on a chipped P28 ecu like Crome. You can also use other plateforms like Neptune RTP or ECtune.

Myz
10-20-2010, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys.
For now, it seems like its going to be hondata

Toma
10-20-2010, 10:34 PM
I really like Crome.

It does what most guys need for almost Free.

S300 is great too.

frozenrice
10-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Sorry to hijack.

Toma, can you tune OBD0 (non-vtec)? I've looked at Turboedit, but don't know what I'm doing. If I can find someone, I'd rather get it done right.

Toma
10-21-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Sorry to hijack.

Toma, can you tune OBD0 (non-vtec)? I've looked at Turboedit, but don't know what I'm doing. If I can find someone, I'd rather get it done right.

Christ.... I've used it, but its been literally a couple years ago...

As I recall, it did work, and we got what we needed out of it. But I cant remember if my emulator worked, or if I had to burn every change to a chip.

onibaku
11-07-2010, 04:19 AM
all out race car... stand alone.

why cut corners as this is the #1 thing to utilize ANYTHING you put in for a power upgrade