PDA

View Full Version : How to auto-subscribe to threads after posting?

ghxsts
10-20-2010, 01:12 AM
Where is the "automatically subscribe me to threads I post in" option with vBulletin?

I rarely post on here or any other vB forums and after quickly looking in the Options I couldn't find it (other than email notifications).

Always having to click to subscribe is a pain in the ass, haha.

Thanks.

se7en
10-20-2010, 12:06 PM
I second this notion. I hate that about beyond.

Jay911
10-21-2010, 06:39 AM
I find that email notifications is what you need, but the code must be buggy - you have to actually go back and visit the thread "manually" for it to take effect. For example, once I post this, because I have email notification turned on, I will be auto-subscribed to the thread, but the act of being shown the thread automatically right after my post doesn't count as a viewing of the thread. It won't start actually notifying me of new posts until I actually go and read the thread the "normal" way, i.e. clicking on it in the new posts or the subforum thread list.

I don't have this problem on other vB boards so I think there must be something wrong with this installation. Just never been bothered enough to say something about it.

btimbit
10-22-2010, 05:58 PM
I wish there was an auto-subscribe button. On other Vb boards there is the "No email notification" option, that still shows any updates to the thread in the UserCP. That doesn't seem to work here

ExtraSlow
10-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Yeah, I like to subscribe so that the relevant threads show in my user CP, but I don't need to get emails telling me when someone posts.

Maxx Mazda
11-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Anyone figure this out yet? Really pissing me off...

ericchoweg
11-17-2010, 07:26 PM
under the quick reply box is a button you can click to subscribe to the thread:dunno: