PDA

View Full Version : Community Health Foods, why did the cashier ask me this? WTF

Muji
10-20-2010, 01:43 PM
I was in CHF near the Chinook Mall today, get to the cashier with my five items and she says to me in the most dead-eyed, dead voice "So, what is the most amazing experience you have had in your life?" WTF? Does this look like a zipper head session with the head shrink? You sure the fuck do not look like Dr. Phil, Oz or Dre.

I said back "Look, I just came in for these items" and left it at that. Was walking out thinking like George from Seinfeld (the ocean called and they want their shrimp back), what I should have said was....

The time in university when I had a 12" dildo rammed up my brown zone, yeah those were good times... or the time I was killing all those bunnies in Canmore....

Does management at this store make them ask stupid questions? Or is it the free drug policy most of these zoner shufflers working there seem to be on? Man I hate Community, both locations are the same. Sometimes I wish I could order everything online or simply buy my goods from a vending machine, one big ass vending machine store.

Tik-Tok
10-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Wow, having a bad day or something? So what if someone asks you a question, it's called communication. If you'd rather shop without human interaction, go to superstore or co-op and use the self-scanners.

Muji
10-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Wow, having a bad day or something? So what if someone asks you a question, it's called communication. If you'd rather shop without human interaction, go to superstore or co-op and use the self-scanners.

This type of question you are OK with? Well drop by and have a session, I expect from a cashier the following:

Hi.
How are you?
Did you find everything?
Nice day out there.

And no I did not and am not having a bad day, just did not need the couch session over my frickin' root veggies.

Tik-Tok
10-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Muji

And no I did not and am not having a bad day, just did not need the couch session over my frickin' root veggies.

You're taking the question very personally, I for one would be happy to answer a question like that, unless of course I was in a rush or was having a shit day.

Think of it this way. If your entire 8 hour work day consisted of standing there, scanning items, and having the same "Hi, How are you? Did you find everything? Nice day out there." conversation with thousands of people, wouldn't you want to talk about SOMETHING ELSE, just once?

Idratherbsidewayz
10-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Was she hot?

And yea, you really shit the bed with your lack of a response. Maybe next time don't be so intimidated by the soulless hippy cashier lady...

JfuckinC
10-20-2010, 01:59 PM

This type of question you are OK with? Well drop by and have a session, I expect from a cashier the following:

Hi.
How are you?
Did you find everything?
Nice day out there.

You're fucking miserable lol, She's just changing up the norm, making hers and your day more interesting.

Cos
The guy who is the manager there used to be my manager at another company. He is really into having the staff connect with his customers and likes to hire people like that. I would say she was trying to connect with you.

God forbid you go to a pub or Oolong tea house or anywhere that people TALK to you.

Phenix
Sounds pretty creepy to me:nut:

Muji
10-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Call me Dr. Kelso.

I hate the Keg, etc as well when they try and sit at my table to take the order. There is a line between a paying customer and an employee, go over that line and the customer will not return and will tell a few hundred others who will agree or feel OK with it all. Frankly, I select the places I do and give them my money with free will, all they have to do is have the goods in stock, have a fair price and stay out of the way. Being in business is very simple, I do not want to be your Facebook friend and no you cannot Tweet me later about "our" experience.

Those of you who feel a need to fake-connect with those you do business with, well continue to enjoy it. I think you are also the type who think a stripper and hot waitress really digs you, the Happy Birthday sing-song at the local Keg was by those who love and really want you to be the bestest you can be. Think the local Audi dealer really cares about your day? You do know they are asking only to confirm you are hearing them right and that you are a sane person, they are not interested in your prostate exam or the fact the dog vomited in your slippers this morning.

Call me Dr. Kelso:
aJDwH96zqgo

Muji
10-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Cos
The guy who is the manager there used to be my manager at another company. He is really into having the staff connect with his customers and likes to hire people like that. I would say she was trying to connect with you.

God forbid you go to a pub or Oolong tea house or anywhere that people TALK to you.

A pub or tea house are totally different and there is a very different vibe. You think a bartender would ask you the question I was asked at Community? Maybe as a joke, but not in a serious tone at all.

msommers
10-20-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm not even that old and I already weep for future generations.

Kloubek
10-20-2010, 03:22 PM
It's freakin' human interaction. If you don't like it and feel compelled to go onto a message forum and complain like this, perhaps it is time to pack up your shit and move into the middle of dumbfucknowhere up North where you can wallow all alone in your bitchiness.

While the question she asked was indeed unusual, it certainly didn't garner this kind of response... both to her face and otherwise.

You, sir, need to pull the aforementioned dildo out of your cornhole.

LadyLuck
10-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

:rofl: :rofl:

Yea buddy lighten up a bit, what if she was kidding? Do you always get so defensive when one tries to communicate with you?

GQBalla
10-20-2010, 03:44 PM
You shoulda threw a cheesy line like "one time I saw the pope in real life. But talkin to you right now is pretty close"

takkyu
10-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Frankly, I select the site I do goto and give them my time with free will, all they have to do is have the things I care about, have a fair amount of ads and stay out of the way. Being online is very simple, I do not want to be your Facebook friend and no you cannot post threads later about "our" experience.

Guillermo
10-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Call me Dr. Kelso.

I hate the Keg, etc as well when they try and sit at my table to take the order. There is a line between a paying customer and an employee, go over that line and the customer will not return and will tell a few hundred others who will agree or feel OK with it all. Frankly, I select the places I do and give them my money with free will, all they have to do is have the goods in stock, have a fair price and stay out of the way. Being in business is very simple, I do not want to be your Facebook friend and no you cannot Tweet me later about "our" experience.

Those of you who feel a need to fake-connect with those you do business with, well continue to enjoy it. I think you are also the type who think a stripper and hot waitress really digs you, the Happy Birthday sing-song at the local Keg was by those who love and really want you to be the bestest you can be. Think the local Audi dealer really cares about your day? You do know they are asking only to confirm you are hearing them right and that you are a sane person, they are not interested in your prostate exam or the fact the dog vomited in your slippers this morning.

Call me Dr. Kelso:
aJDwH96zqgo

wow man, you are a fucking asshole.

bubbley
10-20-2010, 04:09 PM
u sir are an asshole

swak
10-20-2010, 04:46 PM
I'll be the next guy to ask it....

was she hot?

:nut:

EDIT: But to be honest, to that question at a retail store, my reaction would probably something along the lines of "Wait.. .WHAT?"
It truly is a really oddball question, but i'd still not be a prik to her face.

nich148_9
10-20-2010, 05:33 PM
"So, what is the most amazing experience you have had in your life?"

Well, was it?

jaysas_63
10-20-2010, 05:52 PM
whats wrong with putting an interesting spin on small talk?? i don't think she actually expected an honest answer from you, or had any intentions of delving deep into your psyche pulling a "dr phill", but rather she was just trying to solicit a smile from you!

I dont think calling him an asshole is accurate, hes just a social invalid :rofl:

Altezza
10-20-2010, 06:09 PM
I was at the self-checkout line at Superstore. I'm furious that the machine asked me how many bags I was going to require. I just came to buy some bread.

Tik-Tok
10-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Altezza
I was at the self-checkout line at Superstore. I'm furious that the machine asked me how many bags I was going to require. I just came to buy some bread.

Should have given it an uppercut.

adidas
10-20-2010, 06:55 PM
LOL

NO FUCKING BAGS ASSHOLE

copynpaste
10-20-2010, 07:01 PM

Yip same thing happened to me, and when i was on my way out the lady greeter at the door said "did you need a cart to put that stuff in?"

I said back "Look, I just came in for these items" and left it at that. Was walking out thinking like George from Seinfeld (the ocean called and they want their shrimp back), what I should have said was....

Does management at this store make them ask stupid questions? Or is it the free drug policy most of these zoner shufflers working there seem to be on? Man I hate superstore, all locations are the same. Sometimes I wish I could order everything online or simply buy my goods from a vending machine, one big ass vending machine store.

Kardon
10-20-2010, 07:14 PM
This thread backfired hard on the OP. :rofl:

captain134
10-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

wintonyk
10-20-2010, 09:07 PM
i intentionally pull this kind of shit all the time. I find it amusing. I bet half the staff there pissed themselves laughing at your reaction.

Have fun with life.

Donmega
10-20-2010, 11:12 PM
LMAO

Why do you have to be so weird about this? Fucking relax a bit.

brucebanner
10-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by wintonyk
i intentionally pull this kind of shit all the time. I find it amusing. I bet half the staff there pissed themselves laughing at your reaction.

Have fun with life.

:werd:

Back when I used to work in a call center several years ago, myself and a few other co-workers used to play a game where we would pick a word or phrase that you had to work into the conversation. That or say the word X amount of times, we used to have so much fun with that and it made the days go by quicker as well.

OP, I agree with everyone else, you are socially retarded. :rofl:

wintonyk
10-21-2010, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by bruceod

:werd:

Back when I used to work in a call center several years ago, myself and a few other co-workers used to play a game where we would pick a word or phrase that you had to work into the conversation. That or say the word X amount of times, we used to have so much fun with that and it made the days go by quicker as well.

OP, I agree with everyone else, you are socially retarded. :rofl:

i meow what your talking about

Jeremiah
10-21-2010, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by wintonyk

i meow what your talking about

Would you like to get that booked right Meow?

DC328is
10-21-2010, 12:57 AM
if you ever worked as customer service before, yeah, lifes pretty dull... not many people ask such a strange question.
but youre taking it way too personally.

turbotrip
10-21-2010, 01:37 AM
I wouldve probably uppercutted the bitch if she got out of line like that with me

Neil4Speed
10-21-2010, 07:12 AM
Its like those greeters at Walmart - seriously WTF, I don't want a sticker on my bags, or a smiley face sticker, I just came in for my items.