PDA

View Full Version : In home maid cleaning service

Cos
10-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Does anyone use them? What is the typical cost? Frequency? If it isn't too bad I am thinking about picking one up.

I am thinking bathrooms, floors, and maybe kitchen or windows. Those are usually the only things I really don't want to do.

jaysas_63
10-20-2010, 06:40 PM
be careful with some of these people, theft is quite common. try to get somebody that you've heard good things about.

you&me
10-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Also very interested... Surely some of the Beyond Ballers can make a quality referral

Cos
10-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by jaysas_63
be careful with some of these people, theft is quite common. try to get somebody that you've heard good things about.
Thanks for the warning. Even more reason to get a couple good reviews on beyond.

im2fst4u
10-20-2010, 07:16 PM
We have a team of women that come in once a week and they have a great reputation around our area in Bearspaw.

I would highly recommend them for the service.

They are very reasonable in their price, we have been quoted as high as $490 per week from other services.

PM for info Brendan.

Kavy
10-20-2010, 08:38 PM
My buddy owns a Maid service that I use when i'm out of town or lazy.

PM me if you want some info as well

roopi
10-20-2010, 09:41 PM
We've used a few different ones ranging from $75 to $125 per visit (every 2 weeks).

rumeo
10-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by roopi
We've used a few different ones ranging from $75 to $125 per visit (every 2 weeks).

what company(s)?

InRich
10-20-2010, 11:33 PM
My mom does this for a living, she charges around 30/hour but shes AMAZING! let me know if you want me to get in contact with you.

ExtraSlow
10-21-2010, 08:49 PM
pics of mom?

gkAeris
10-22-2010, 09:27 AM
i have a maid currently,

she only cost $15/hour but you have to supply cleaning supplies, $20/hour she will supply her own, its only her 2nd visit so far, and both times i been home. but i really really think its worth it, like she takes an hour to clean each washroom but its amazing, its so friggin clean we don't even want to use the washroom anymore haha..

she comes every 2 weeks, and takes about 4 hours to clean our 1200 sq ft condo.

but the negative is that she broke one of our glasses we got on a hot air balloon ride in pam springs (irreplacable) and that i orginally schedule her for last thursday, she texts me a day before saying she can't make it, reschdules for sunday, sat comes and says she will come wednesday cause shes extermely busy and what not.

but let me konw if you want her contact info.

ddduke
10-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by gkAeris
i have a maid currently,

she only cost $15/hour but you have to supply cleaning supplies, $20/hour she will supply her own, its only her 2nd visit so far, and both times i been home. but i really really think its worth it, like she takes an hour to clean each washroom but its amazing, its so friggin clean we don't even want to use the washroom anymore haha..

but the negative is that she broke one of our glasses we got on a hot air balloon ride in pam springs (irreplacable) and that i orginally schedule her for last thursday, she texts me a day before saying she can't make it, reschdules for sunday, sat comes and says she will come wednesday cause shes extermely busy and what not.

Can you post her info? That's a crazy price. I used to have 1 lady come in for 2 hours, pretty much just tidy up, vacuum, floors and quick bathroom and it would cost $159+gst and when I shopped around everyone was in a very similar price range.

rusich
10-23-2010, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by gkAeris
i have a maid currently,

you like the service? Up the price (double) Problem solved.

ExtraSlow
10-23-2010, 06:46 AM
For $15 per hour, I'd even take an ugly maid.

D. Dub
10-23-2010, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by ddduke

Can you post her info? That's a crazy price. I used to have 1 lady come in for 2 hours, pretty much just tidy up, vacuum, floors and quick bathroom and it would cost $159+gst and when I shopped around everyone was in a very similar price range.

That's because legitimate, licensed, bonded and insured businesses pay taxes. ;)

gkAeris
10-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
For $15 per hour, I'd even take an ugly maid.

lol actually shes really hot hahaha...says all the guys that seen her.....
:D

jwslam
10-26-2010, 01:46 AM
http://www.teambuy.ca/calgary/referral/368a0222/28130230/

Seems to have good reviews. And it's cheap lol.

ddduke
10-26-2010, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by jwslam

That coupon is a good deal, but Mango Maids is one of the companies that I called before that offered the least for the highest price.

austic
09-30-2011, 03:25 PM
bringing up an old topic but anyone have any reccomendations?

A790
09-30-2011, 04:51 PM
I use NeatFreak (www.fightinggrime.com) once per month. They are spotless... they clean the top of my doors :P

sillysod
09-30-2011, 05:24 PM
BJ Star...

Eastern European wife of a guy that used to work for us. She is absolutely amazing and still affordable. I'm old school and notice everything - she is wicked.

403-708-0635 ask for Blanka

Cos
09-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

isnt that for a car?

Wrath
10-02-2011, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by sillysod
BJ Star...

403-708-0635 ask for Blanka

I'd be wary of this guy coming over to clean your house...

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/4/324840-street_fighter_blanka.jpg

CompletelyNumb
10-02-2011, 01:11 AM
:rofl:

muse017
10-02-2011, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Wrath

I'd be wary of this guy coming over to clean your house...

http://media.strategywiki.org/images/d/dc/SSF2T_Blanka.gif

lol@pic but I'd love take "BJ" STAR Service as well.

benyl
10-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by muse017

lol@pic but I'd love take "BJ" STAR Service as well.
I don't know if you would want a BJ from the Blanka pictured above... unless you are into that kind of thing.

birdman86
11-17-2015, 09:34 AM
Bump from the grave

I just got a 1500 sqft house with a roommate and we're looking to get someone coming through twice a month. Sounds like prices range a lot so we're looking for that $70-80/visit range, anybody have recommendations? We aren't super picky, just don't want to have to think about washing floors and the bathroom and all that. Not getting robbed would be a bonus.

We just moved in so everythings pretty clean to begin with just need to maintain!

A790
11-17-2015, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by birdman86
Bump from the grave

I just got a 1500 sqft house with a roommate and we're looking to get someone coming through twice a month. Sounds like prices range a lot so we're looking for that $70-80/visit range, anybody have recommendations? We aren't super picky, just don't want to have to think about washing floors and the bathroom and all that. Not getting robbed would be a bonus.

We just moved in so everythings pretty clean to begin with just need to maintain!
You're gonna get shit for $70-$80/visit. You'll get people who aren't insured, you don't know their background/history, and who may or may not do a decent job.

Very rare to find a budget cleaner that doesn't suck. :)

birdman86
11-17-2015, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by A790

You're gonna get shit for $70-$80/visit. You'll get people who aren't insured, you don't know their background/history, and who may or may not do a decent job.

Very rare to find a budget cleaner that doesn't suck. :)

Damn... what kind of budget should I be looking at? Don't need the Cadillac, just want it done right

black300
11-17-2015, 10:10 AM
I believe all cleaners charge a bit more than $70-80 per visit. They would be better of working $10/Hr somewhere.

I am thinking if you want someone to come twice a month probably be upwards of $300 per month.

gwill
11-17-2015, 10:41 AM
The Facebook buy and sell groups always have lots of stay at home moms doing this that would be in that price range.... You can typically get references from them as well. I don't get why a790 thinks you'll know the back grounds of the cleaners. Even if you pick a cleaning company from the phone book you'll not know who they are sending out as your trusting the company has done the record check. Maybe they have maybe they haven't.

killramos
11-17-2015, 10:46 AM
^ Probably because he has personal experience running a cleaning service that offered just that kind of experience and reliability:rofl:

roopi
11-17-2015, 10:52 AM
So A790 if I did hire a bonded/insured/whatever they call it company and one of the cleaners stole something from my home what can I do about it?

I feel like I'd call the company and say something is missing. I'm guessing they would ask for some type of proof right?

birdman86
11-17-2015, 11:01 AM
Yeah, proof would be tricky since I don't really keep boxes or receipts or anything

Seems like other people I've been talking to have just pulled names off of Kijiji, or had a friends mom do it or whatever. I don't have anything worth stealing but that still kind of sketches me out......

A790
11-17-2015, 11:36 AM

Damn... what kind of budget should I be looking at? Don't need the Cadillac, just want it done right
There are two markets for cleaners: the Kijiji "cleaners" and the professional cleaning companies. Both have pros and cons- you need to decide which makes the most sense for you.

Most Kijiji cleaners tend to hover in the $30/hr range. For a 1,500 sq ft house I'd expect a minimum of 3 hours to do a decent clean (kitchens, bathrooms, floors, baseboards, dusting, etc.). Most aren't licensed/bonded/insured which means that you are liable if they injure themselves on your property, break something, etc.

Most cleaning companies hover in the $40-$50/man hour range. They almost always send cleaners out in teams of 2 or more. Lots of the "big" companies also have supervisors that sporadically validate the quality of the cleaning performed. You almost always will get a more consistent clean with a company. They are also licensed/bonded/insured and have policies/insurance in place for loss, breakages, etc.

Originally posted by black300
I believe all cleaners charge a bit more than $70-80 per visit. They would be better of working $10/Hr somewhere.

I am thinking if you want someone to come twice a month probably be upwards of $300 per month.
$350/mo would be an accurate estimate from most established cleaning companies (Neatfreak, Aspen, Maid for a Day, Mango Maids, etc.) for a biweekly clean of a 1,500 sq ft house.

Originally posted by gwill
I don't get why a790 thinks you'll know the back grounds of the cleaners. Even if you pick a cleaning company from the phone book you'll not know who they are sending out as your trusting the company has done the record check. Maybe they have maybe they haven't.
All cleaning companies worth anything have background checks done of their staff. Neatfreak used the CPS, for example.

Originally posted by killramos
^ Probably because he has personal experience running a cleaning service that offered just that kind of experience and reliability:rofl:
:) Thank you sir!

So A790 if I did hire a bonded/insured/whatever they call it company and one of the cleaners stole something from my home what can I do about it?

I feel like I'd call the company and say something is missing. I'm guessing they would ask for some type of proof right?
I can't speak for all companies, but I can speak to how Neatfreak handled these situations from 2011 - 2013.

In the case of a breakage (say a cleaner broke your TV), a supervisor would come to your home to document the damage. 90% of the time we compensated the homeowner directly via free cleans or replacement of the item that was damaged. The other 10% we denied because it was fairly obvious our cleaners didn't do it.

In the case of something stolen, we advise that the client immediately contact the police and provide us the case number. From there we work with the police directly to ensure that if our cleaner was responsible that they were punished to the maximum extent of the law. Neatfreak has a 0 tolerance policy for theft.

I once fired someone to stealing a six pack of Pepsi from a clients fridge. The last thing I wanted, or any business owner wants, is to be sending thieves into your home. I'd lose my business in a heartbeat if I facilitated that kind of BS.

Yeah, proof would be tricky since I don't really keep boxes or receipts or anything

Seems like other people I've been talking to have just pulled names off of Kijiji, or had a friends mom do it or whatever. I don't have anything worth stealing but that still kind of sketches me out......
Working with insurance is fairly straightforward to be honest. I take photos of all the things I buy and keep them stored digitally just in case.

To clarify, you can very well find a good cleaner on Kijiji or FB. It's rare, as most are unreliable and simply disappear on you (this is actually how Neatfreak got most of their clients: people coming to us because their existing cleaner was a flake). What you have to consider is that with a Kijiji-cleaner you often have very little, if any, recourse in the event something goes wrong.

For the record, despite severing my business ties with Neatfreak, I still have them clean my home and they do a good job for the most part. When they miss things it's just an e-mail away from getting addressed- that's why they have a quality guarantee on their recurring cleans.

rage2
11-17-2015, 11:52 AM
I stopped using Neatfreaks a couple of months ago. The quality of the cleaning deteriorated over the course of the last year, and we didn't feel like we were getting our money's worth. We had to nag to get them to clean things that are supposed to be part of a clean, but they kept missing it (ie vacuuming between cushions). It's also small things that were annoying, they send different people over each time, and items would get moved in different places every time haha.

A790
11-17-2015, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I stopped using Neatfreaks a couple of months ago. The quality of the cleaning deteriorated over the course of the last year, and we didn't feel like we were getting our money's worth. We had to nag to get them to clean things that are supposed to be part of a clean, but they kept missing it (ie vacuuming between cushions). It's also small things that were annoying, they send different people over each time, and items would get moved in different places every time haha.
Yea, we had Aspen for a while and felt the same. That's why we switched back to Neatfreak which was a... interesting... conversation.

At the end of the day you need to use the company that provides you good service. Let NF know about why you left, I'm sure they'd value your feedback :)

roopi
11-17-2015, 12:14 PM
We actually use a Kijjiji cleaner now. My wife did hire an established company and on there 2nd visit something was broken. I noticed it when I got home and my wife called them within 2 hours. There response was that it was already broken. End of story. Haha.

Just use a Kijiji cleaner now and my wife is home when they come. We've been using them for a few months with no issues. I refuse to share there info as well with friends. I don't want them to get to busy and start flaking on us. :rofl:

A790
11-17-2015, 02:14 PM
I refuse to share there info as well with friends. I don't want them to get to busy and start flaking on us. :rofl:
:rofl:

gwill
11-17-2015, 05:04 PM
My comment on the back ground checks when using a cleaner was misunderstood. If you call 10 legitimate cleaners who all say their cleaners are bondable you as a customer are still taking their word on this. Now a days everyone has a cleaning company so I bet many say they've done back ground checks when in reality they haven't.

I'll use some of the condo boards I'm on as an example. We get chased by a new cleaning companies every few months asking for us to switch. Always a new company with employees who are most likely family or friends. Guaranteed many of these new cleaning companies haven't done back ground checks.

A790
11-17-2015, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by gwill
My comment on the back ground checks when using a cleaner was misunderstood. If you call 10 legitimate cleaners who all say their cleaners are bondable you as a customer are still taking their word on this. Now a days everyone has a cleaning company so I bet many say they've done back ground checks when in reality they haven't.

I'll use some of the condo boards I'm on as an example. We get chased by a new cleaning companies every few months asking for us to switch. Always a new company with employees who are most likely family or friends. Guaranteed many of these new cleaning companies haven't done back ground checks.
Why don't you just ask to see them? Neatfreak keeps a record of all background checks...

You're making a lot of assumptions but sound like you haven't actually tried to answer your own question.

JordanLotoski
11-18-2015, 03:29 PM
I use Three North Clean, They come once a week clean my entire home for 200.00 a week

They have been pretty good

http://www.threenorthclean.com/

Mention i sent you as I get preferred rates for all my friends and clients

max_boost
11-18-2015, 04:02 PM
I have used maids in blue the last few times and they've been great. Good communication and reasonable pricing. Code beyond10 for a bit extra. Good luck.