PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 4 questoins

ddmmak
10-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Hey guys, I just got my phone on Monday and I am wondering about battery life. I have moderately used it and by 6pm its down to about the 50% mark.. is this normal? I have closed all apps also, turned off push, turned off wifi etc. WHat are your guys' experience with the battery life?

ALso, I was interested in buying Apple Care. Do you think its worth it?

Thanks

D

flamboyant
10-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Yes, its normal for an IPhone battery to die out fast. Charge it every night and its an good idea for you to get a car charger for your IPhone.

I do not think you need Apple Care, because your phone already comes with one year warranty. However if you don't think thats long enough, get Apple Care (+2 more year of warranty giving you a total of 3 years).

almerick
10-21-2010, 02:56 PM
My battery usually dies out within two days the way I use my phone, sometimes the same day. When I surf the internet, it kills the battery really quickly. Same with playing games and such.

Zephyr
10-21-2010, 06:05 PM
That seems normal, not many smart phones last all day (Android and iOS). One year warranty should be good enough, just don't drop it or get water damage.

chkolny541
10-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by flamboyant

I do not think you need Apple Care, because your phone already comes with one year warranty. However if you don't think thats long enough, get Apple Care (+2 more year of warranty giving you a total of 3 years).

incorrect about the 3 years, i asked the dude at marketmall when i got my phone if its 1 year +2 years = 3 years total or if its 1 year +1 year giving 2 years total, and he said its only 2 YEARS TOTAL, so your basically paying the ~90$ for 1 year of extra coverage, i gave him "a pffff yea right"!

and ill be honest OP i bet your using your phone a HELL of a lot more then you think, haha, when i first got mine i thought i was also "moderate use" and wondered why my battery died so fast, now that ive had it for a while and use it far less then battery is easily lasting 4 times as long, i only charge every 2 or 3 days now