PDA

View Full Version : Good Encounter with CPS

max_boost
01-01-2004, 12:42 AM
Yes I was speeding, 80km/h in a 50km/h zone. It was the back road linking Douglas Glen and Riverbend (24th Street). I seriously thought I was dead when he pulled me over in front of the trailer park homes but surprisingly, I got let off!

Officer: "You are going pretty fast for 50kms"

Me: Sorry officer, I know I was speeding. I'm delivering food for my restaurant and tonight is the busiest night of the year. I don't mean to harm any other motorists with my actions but if I don't get the orders there on time, I'm dead. I understand if you want to give me a ticket, it is your job.

Officer: Well son, slow down. You are not getting a ticket tonight, Happy New Year!

And then he takes off, just wanted to share my experience with local officers. All too often we hear the negative comments and not the positive!

It made my day, especially since I worked 12.5 hours today:)

xkon
01-01-2004, 01:33 AM
good to hear, theres never any positive stories about our local law enforcement!!

theres a road linking riverbend to douglasglen? where in douglasglen does it come out???

C4S
01-01-2004, 01:36 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good.. next time, I should put a "Pizza" bag, or whatever lunch bag, and pretend I am delivering food for my restaurant as well .. hehe .. :D

anyway .. good for you MB ! happy new yr !

max_boost
01-01-2004, 01:41 AM
24 Street SE (Main road heading into Douglas Glen from Deerfoot) It is a dark and narrow road. It doesn't link you directly into Riverbend but brings you to the border of it. You still have to turn off and out onto Shepard Road which brings you to Glenmore Trail. It's a back road so I honestly thought, what are the chances?!?!?

xkon
01-01-2004, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
24 Street SE (Main road heading into Douglas Glen from Deerfoot) It is a dark and narrow road. It doesn't link you directly into Riverbend but brings you to the border of it. You still have to turn off and out onto Shepard Road which brings you to Glenmore Trail. It's a back road so I honestly thought, what are the chances?!?!?

opposite of the main douglasdale entrance past the 7-11? I havent been there for awhile, had no idea it went right through!!! I work 2 blocks away too :dunno:

max_boost
01-01-2004, 01:52 AM
Yah it goes right through!! I had no idea cause it's so dark with no lights! There's actually a couple businesses up there.

About 6 years ago, I had a buddy who drove down that street heading towards Douglas Glen, he ended up driving off the edge of the road and sued the city. His argument was that there was no sign stating the road ended. And he won! LOL

Sai
01-01-2004, 02:50 AM
Lucky!!!:clap:

ninspeed
01-01-2004, 10:16 AM
shit man... i usualy do like 80-90 down that road no... i have used that road for years when i rode my bike to work never saw a cop...

sprcarlvr17
01-01-2004, 01:57 PM
youre one LUCKY guy!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Super_Geo
01-01-2004, 05:22 PM
If you talk nicely to cops and seem really apologetic it's so much easier to get let off.

I got caught in a radar trap (the one on bow trail entering downtown, where it goes from 70 to 50 right outside of Staples) and when I got pulled over I just apologised for going too fast, and didn't question that I was. He wrote me a ticket for going 80 in a 50, and then crossed out the date, changed it, and said "yeah, when you change the date on these you need to initial it, or else the ticket's void... have a nice night." He didn't initial it :thumbsup:

hjr
01-01-2004, 06:36 PM
Encouter with EPS:

I was driving home after a night of clubbin and was on the side road beside my apartment so i did a little left foot braking drift then another, then pulled a 180 into a spot (darn snow roads). so i get out and lock the car and who should pull up but an EPS cruizer. He rolls down the window and says you tires are a little worn huh? At this point i realize im fucked and just bend over. He says we say you sliding around the road and whatnot. they get out and i give em my lisc. reg. His partner says he would have been more impressed if i got the car all the way in the spot. so i go sit in my car an wait while they run my shit. They come back, give me my shit and say thats a stunting ticket. 400 some bucks and 6 demerits. FAWK. He says im gonna let you go this time but you dont need a ticket like that. Damn right i dont. I think i may be scared strait!!! haha Props to CPS & EPS.

EK 2.0
01-01-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by hjr
Encouter with EPS:

I was driving home after a night of clubbin and was on the side road beside my apartment so i did a little left foot braking drift then another, then pulled a 180 into a spot (darn snow roads). so i get out and lock the car and who should pull up but an EPS cruizer. He rolls down the window and says you tires are a little worn huh? At this point i realize im fucked and just bend over. He says we say you sliding around the road and whatnot. they get out and i give em my lisc. reg. His partner says he would have been more impressed if i got the car all the way in the spot. so i go sit in my car an wait while they run my shit. They come back, give me my shit and say thats a stunting ticket. 400 some bucks and 6 demerits. FAWK. He says im gonna let you go this time but you dont need a ticket like that. Damn right i dont. I think i may be scared strait!!! haha Props to CPS & EPS.

Had a similar encounter with CPS...ripping donuts off in a parking lot 330am in my Talon...first snowfall with my AWD DSM...Anyone with AWD drives how fun the first snowfall is...Anywho...just going at it having a blast...my friend in the car laughing and hollering...a friend in her 240 was waiting for me to finish so she could show me how RWD's do it...Cops pull into the lot and light us up...Asks for my info goes back to his car...comes back and says he was watching me for 10 mintues...Gives me my info and says "That could have been 6 points kid" I say sorry and offer my hand for the ticket...he shakes it and tells me to go home...So I did...

They arent always bad...

James
01-01-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Yes I was speeding, 80km/h in a 50km/h zone. It was the back road linking Douglas Glen and Riverbend (24th Street). I seriously thought I was dead when he pulled me over in front of the trailer park homes but surprisingly, I got let off!

Officer: "You are going pretty fast for 50kms"

Me: Sorry officer, I know I was speeding. I'm delivering food for my restaurant and tonight is the busiest night of the year. I don't mean to harm any other motorists with my actions but if I don't get the orders there on time, I'm dead. I understand if you want to give me a ticket, it is your job.

Officer: Well son, slow down. You are not getting a ticket tonight, Happy New Year!

And then he takes off, just wanted to share my experience with local officers. All too often we hear the negative comments and not the positive!

It made my day, especially since I worked 12.5 hours today:)

Was the cop hiding or something?, there isnt alot of traffic on that road......It just recently fully opened up too, it cuts down so much time from going from Douglasglen to Ogden, cant say i go 50 though, guess i should go slower through there! ;)

Maxt
01-01-2004, 10:38 PM
You should have told him to go F himself, and to do his damn job and issue you a ticket God f'ing dammit....
Nah...just kidding.... Thats cool, he gave you the "you're getting a ticket scare" which probably slowed you down for a awhile, but also gave you a little respect for him as well... And thats the best way to have it....Maxt

max_boost
01-02-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by James

Was the cop hiding or something?, there isnt alot of traffic on that road......It just recently fully opened up too, it cuts down so much time from going from Douglasglen to Ogden, cant say i go 50 though, guess i should go slower through there! ;)

It was weird, I was going Northbound (towards Riverbend) and I saw a marked cruiser with lights on (Impala) parked on the side and decided to slow down. After I passed him, I slowly sped up and later noticed a car coming up behind me. Anyway, I thought it was just another car until I realized it was a Crown Victoria!!!:eek: :eek: So I have no idea how it came about:dunno:

Anyway, having respect for the officer definitely reduces your chances of getting a ticket.

prosh
01-02-2004, 01:41 PM
Nice Sam, I got pretty lucky with RMCP last night too, got clocked doing 89 in a 50 zone and got off with a warning, claiming the first posted 50 KM limit sign I saw was the one directly infront of me.

mutsuraboshi
01-05-2004, 07:13 PM
gawd i envy ur police pet skillz
:(

mutsuraboshi
01-05-2004, 07:14 PM
maybe cuz it was new yrs?

Primer_Drift
01-05-2004, 08:47 PM
I was glad to see the CPS out on Beddington trail Friday night, props to them for braving the cold (-25C with windchill?) to pull over idiots doin 120km/h in an 80. That was probably the worst day I have seen this fall/winter for bad driving.

cujo_cjc
01-31-2004, 12:29 AM
I think i had a good encounter tonite
I was going up 17th from the tonite and was going 40km.
I was coming up to the lights by the m&m meats shop (by st. mikes) there..and was slowing down but i must of hit ice or something and i wasn't going to be able to stop...so i decided to punch it up to just over 50km/h with the lights yellow.
About 1/2 through it turns red...and i notice there were cops in a durango at the lights right beside me!
I thought oh god...they're gonna turn and give me a ticket :nut:
But they just went straight through the lights and towards the station I guess

Lucky me...I hope... (do they have camera's inside their car to catch me halfway through a red?)

rage2
01-31-2004, 01:14 AM
I got pulled over today cuz I forgot to renew my registration hehe. Damn $230 ticket.

At least he didn't tow me, so I guess it was a good experience :).

Dj_Stylz
02-02-2004, 08:32 AM
LOL