10-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Check it out
Cinematic trailer looks awesome!
Would be pretty cool to play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Nf-m6WGl4H7Nf-m6WGl4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Nf-m6WGl4

403Gemini
10-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Yeah that's just the trailer, the gameplay looks... meh.

4Y0y2hEDdVA

Phenix
10-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Ya I won't be buying this. sure doesn't look to polished on the gameplay side. really chunk lame animations

Phenix
10-24-2010, 12:40 PM
The trailer is pretty epic though

Unknown303
10-24-2010, 12:43 PM
I wish that trailer was longer. I was actually pretty damn impressed with the work put into it. But overall the actual game does look a little un-polished.

403Gemini
10-24-2010, 12:54 PM
I watched a video where the guy was saying "... with accurate physics engine" as the superhero just picked up a bus and heaved it at a guy, and it didn't look like the bus had any physics/mass or anything, it literally just glided through the air. :rolleyes:

Phenix
10-24-2010, 01:00 PM
they can always tell a great story, but when it comes to execution of the game play they always seem to fall flat and end up being pretty pathetic

Aniki
01-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Just picked the game up yesterday. It's a lot of fun! The game is a little buggy at the moment but I'm sure it'll be patched up in the near future. The game is a really good blend of concepts, I've tried mmorpg's in the past and this is definitely my favorite.

Skyline_Addict
01-12-2011, 03:23 PM
wow that looks really bad.

n1zm0
01-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
I watched a video where the guy was saying "... with accurate physics engine" as the superhero just picked up a bus and heaved it at a guy, and it didn't look like the bus had any physics/mass or anything, it literally just glided through the air. :rolleyes:

but i saw that you bought it on steam anyways :poosie:

pay-to-play a video game online every month while you pay for internet every month, i will never understand..

403Gemini
01-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

but i saw that you bought it on steam anyways :poosie:

pay-to-play a video game online every month while you pay for internet every month, i will never understand..

Haha i didnt add you on steam to get stalked ;) I have a few friends who picked it up and I'm a giant comic nerd so I had to try it (i played CoH/CoV and Champions online so yeah...)

It's a lot more polished than the beta in game videos make it look, I'm not advising anybody to buy it till I've played it for a few weeks though, then I'll give my final assessment if its got staying power.

SmAcKpOo
01-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Wayne what server are you on?

A buddy at work gave me a 10day trial card so I will give it a shot.

treg50
01-14-2011, 10:03 AM
MAN, I saw that trailer 3 months ago and it single-handedly almost convinced me to get DCUO and make me join my first MMORPG. Suuuch a wicked trailer esp. first time I saw it .

403Gemini
01-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Server: Public Enemies , Faction: Heroes

Overall First impression:

Playing a shooting guy is a pain in the ass. They do need to work on the targetting a bit in this game since Tab targetting targets everything from just random shit you can interact with to enemies, so if you're in a room with tons of barrels or shit you can throw and a horde of enemies you are tabbing like fucking crazy to try and lock onto an enemy. Also when you fight swarms (like the ravens Scarecrow makes when you fight him) its a pain in the ass since your auto fire stops firing when you kill one of the mobs and then you have to retarget, and begin attacking again.

My second guy is a melee guy, and i find it's a lot more fun against mobs, but I can tell it will be a lot more painful in PvP. I'm only level 8 with both of my guys (I have a shooter and a melee) and I can tell getting constantly stunlocked or slowed will be an issue. I just couldnt imagine my melee guy going up against my shooter since I'm rifles on my shooter and I have a grenade I can spam by just tapping the right mouse button over and over which has a huge knock back, and I also have a stun grenade so unless there are ways to "ignore" these effects as a melee, you're fucked.

Also another complaint I have with the game is, I'm playing on a PvP server cause lets face it, I want to PvP in a game like this. Its heroes vs villains for fuck sakes... however there is NO protection in newbie zones. I was questing and 4 level 20+'s just were steam rolling me and everybody in the questing zone. Sure eventually some heroes came by to help kill them but 4 organized people will always be better than 6-7 unorganized people.

I havent done any instances yet but they're supposed to be a blast. I guess any spec can fill any roll so at the beginning when you join you can choose to be a healer, dps or tank and all of your abilities have variations of what they can do ie make protection barriers instead of fire auras, etc.

Seems interesting, again I'm not giving it the :thumbsup: or :thumbsdow till my first month is up.

EG STyLeZ
01-17-2011, 01:41 PM
All servers were down for the better part of yesterday on PS3.

And yes the targeting system is a bit sketchy especially on PS3 because you can't tab to switch targets.

Does anyone else find the menu system extremely laggy and slow when going through it?

Skrilla
01-21-2011, 04:35 PM
I bought this game on release date, took 3 days to get to the level cap, and that was not playing it all day. And im bored, and can see how much of a grind it will be to get the token gear in either pve or pvp.

Plagued with issues, and errors. I know it is common upon release but it just got old. Anyways, it was not my favourite mmo and I probably will not purchase a sub. after the free trial.

It has the potential to be a great game no doubt, but it needs alot of work.

Just my $0.02

403Gemini
01-21-2011, 05:04 PM
Since my last post i havent even logged in once ... FML i need to learn how to save money