PDA

View Full Version : thinking about buying a valentine one radar detector

Redlyne_mr2
09-06-2002, 06:54 AM
got a chance to try out a valentine radar detector, i was really impressed however ive heard that they no longer pay for speedign tickets should you happen to get one. Also is it true that they are only available through mail order?
http://www.valentine1.com/images/v1homephoto.gif

Ben
09-06-2002, 09:18 AM
Hmmm, I know who knows...

http://members.shaw.ca/bmitton/KenHelp.jpg

Tuner1
09-06-2002, 09:28 AM
Just buy it! You will not regret it! They are only available mailorder directly through Valentine.

Rob

Redlyne_mr2
09-06-2002, 10:49 AM
hahahaha....thanks for the advice guys and umm girls....however what are the advantages of a valentine one over a conventional higher end radar detection system

Tuner1
09-06-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
hahahaha....thanks for the advice guys and umm girls....however what are the advantages of a valentine one over a conventional higher end radar detection system

Find an old copy of one of the many Car & Driver dectector shootout articles. Read up and you'll see...

Rob

Redlyne_mr2
09-06-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by E36S50B32

Find an old copy of one of the many Car & Driver dectector shootout articles. Read up and you'll see...

Rob
I forgot about those c&d radar shootouts..thanks for the help:thumbsup:

redline_13000
09-06-2002, 11:11 AM
how much does it cost?

Redlyne_mr2
09-06-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by redline_13000
how much does it cost?
399 us

Ben
09-06-2002, 12:07 PM
Kenny has one, so I thought he might have soome insight

AzN_SoL
09-08-2002, 05:52 PM
kenny has one.. but hasn't he gotten a couple tickets already?..

kenny
09-08-2002, 06:35 PM
Just remember one thing, a radar detector, no matter how expensive does not make one invincible to speeding tickets/cops. The valentine1 or even any higher end radar detector *cannot* save you if you are the first car in a pack of cars because there is nothing for it to detect. It works great at detecting stray radar ahead when the cops are targetting other cars.

The V1 detects photo radar (Ka band in Calgary) very well, it can usually warn you well in advance, before you even see it and I have the Ka false alarm guard activated--which I assume lowers sensitivity a notch.

Laser sensitivity is also one of the best on the V1, but usually by the time the V1 warns you, you've already been clocked so if you were speeding you should see a cop jump in front of you a few seconds after it goes off. At least you'll be able to slow down a bit while the cop jumps in front of you, maybe he/she be lenient when writing your ticket.

As Rob already said, it is only available new direct through Valentine Research (www.valentine1.com) or you could probably buy a used one off ebay for $50 - $100 less and send it in to Valentine to get the latest software update.

On a side note, I have no tickets whatsoever on my record... yet.

max_boost
09-08-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by kenny
On a side note, I have no tickets whatsoever on my record... yet.

But doesn't mean that your name has never been on one:rofl: :rofl: