PDA

View Full Version : Help me! Need to find an old user - faizalk786

skandalouz_08
10-24-2010, 09:49 PM
So here's my story: I bought a motorcycle off beyond in March 2006 and have since sold the bike. This is now coming back to bite me in the ass and I need to find the person who sold me the bike. I do know he's from Edmonton and the only # I can find on him is 780-885-5828 but no one answers when I call it.

I found the thread on beyond, but the user has been banned. Can you help me find him, or at least a phone number or address?

His name is Faizal Khaki.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118367

TIA as it could cost me about $4500 if I don't find him.

Cos
10-24-2010, 09:54 PM
what exactly is the problem?

projekz
10-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Guessing the bike has a lien on it or was stolen :dunno:

Joe-G
10-24-2010, 10:02 PM
It seems hes also banned on 780tuners, and has scammed and received negative feedback on Nasioc.

EDIT: Do a quick google on faizalk786, and youll find some stuff?

skandalouz_08
10-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by projekz
Guessing the bike has a lien on it or was stolen :dunno:

The bike was stolen. Don't know if he knew it at the time or not, so need to talk to him about it.

Guillermo
10-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by skandalouz_08

The bike was stolen. Don't know if he knew it at the time or not, so need to talk to him about it.

Alas, your user name doesn't exactly help your cause.

Guillermo
10-24-2010, 10:30 PM
A google search yields links upon links with that guy's user name, most of which concern him trying to sell crap on various forums. I wonder how many of those were scams and/or stolen goods. But I'm guessing OP has read through all of those google results already.

aqure591
10-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Did a quick google search on his name and found some stuff.

Don't know if this is the same guy though. Looks like he's on the Edmonton ball hockey league.
http://www.pointstreak.com/players/playerpage.html?playerid=2408383&seasonid=3181

JordanAndrew
10-24-2010, 10:40 PM
Hopefully you find this guy and get it sorted out. Yet another reason why you should always get it checked through the registry before you purchased it.

BokCh0y
There's also a linkedIn page:

http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/faizal-khaki/2/836/560

Edmonton is the location.

300zxfairlday

How did you get it insured or registered if it was stolen?

:confused:

Guillermo
10-24-2010, 10:49 PM
there's also a lot if you search for his name Faizal Khaki

EDIT: nevermind, i'm an idiot apparently.

dandia89
10-24-2010, 10:56 PM
did you check facebook?

nagooro
10-24-2010, 11:14 PM
Try PMing him on FB?

skandalouz_08
10-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by nagooro
Try PMing him on FB?

I've tried that and haven't had any response yet.

VIN was changed on the bike which made my lien search come back with no results and allowed me the register the bike no problem.

heinz256
10-25-2010, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by aqure591
Did a quick google search on his name and found some stuff.

Don't know if this is the same guy though. Looks like he's on the Edmonton ball hockey league.
http://www.pointstreak.com/players/playerpage.html?playerid=2408383&seasonid=3181

4 pts in 12 games....BRUTAL

Supa Dexta
10-25-2010, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Guillermo

Alas, your user name doesn't exactly help your cause.

I can vouch for him.

And my name carries huge weight around here.

:rofl:

civic_stylez
10-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by heinz256

4 pts in 12 games....BRUTAL

:rofl: :rofl:

Jlude
10-25-2010, 09:40 AM
I think I remember the guy, he was shady. Had a black prelude for sale, was boosted too I think. It sat around for a while.

codetrap
10-25-2010, 09:47 AM
What are you going to do if you get a hold of him? You sold the bike, it was apparently stolen, and now you can't get a hold of the guy who sold it to you. :dunno:

I can see this call now...
"Oh yes! That's right, it was stolen. Whats your current address and banking information. I'll send you a full refund right now!" - Faizal

:nut:

eblend
10-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
What are you going to do if you get a hold of him? You sold the bike, it was apparently stolen, and now you can't get a hold of the guy who sold it to you. :dunno:

"Oh yes! That's right, it was stolen. Whats your current address and banking information. I'll send you a full refund right now!" - Faizal

my thoughts exactly

adidas
10-25-2010, 04:33 PM

if hes sold shady shit before then it most likely was him that stole the bike and changed VIN's.

Im pretty sure OP could get him charged and then sue in small claims.

bituerbo
10-25-2010, 04:37 PM
I'd vouch for Skandalouz too. Shitty deal how you got caught up in this.

codetrap
10-25-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by adidas

if hes sold shady shit before then it most likely was him that stole the bike and changed VIN's.

Im pretty sure OP could get him charged and then sue in small claims.

Ok, so maybe it was him that stole it and changed the vin's. Can you prove it? Can he prove it? Is there any evidence? Think the guy will fess up, come clean and admit everything? The police certainly aren't going to charge missing buddy with anything, not after all this time, with no evidence, no history other than the word of the OP. What will the OP sue for? Suspicion that he bought a stolen bike? What grounds?

Really. Finding missing buddy after all this time isn't going to any good at all.

I'm really sorry OP, and it sucks for you. The police are involved I take it and they're taking back the property?

digi355
10-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Does faizalk786 = skandalouz_08

skandalouz_08
10-25-2010, 05:29 PM

Ok, so maybe it was him that stole it and changed the vin's. Can you prove it? Can he prove it? Is there any evidence? Think the guy will fess up, come clean and admit everything? The police certainly aren't going to charge missing buddy with anything, not after all this time, with no evidence, no history other than the word of the OP. What will the OP sue for? Suspicion that he bought a stolen bike? What grounds?

Really. Finding missing buddy after all this time isn't going to any good at all.

I'm really sorry OP, and it sucks for you. The police are involved I take it and they're taking back the property?

Good questions, but you don't know the full story. I sold the bike 4 years ago and have been dragged into this because I am responsible for selling a stolen bike (which I just found out about recently).

I'm trying to find Faizal because he sold me the bike and providing I can find him, I can sue him, as I'm currently being sued by the person I sold it to. The police have been notified and have confiscated the bike, but the police won't deal with anything relating to civil disputes, so I'm responsible for finding Faizal and suing him as necessary. Therefore, finding him now actually is going to make a difference, even if it is 4 years later.

Thanks for the help you guys have been able to provide.

skandalouz_08
10-25-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by digi355
Does faizalk786 = skandalouz_08

Nope it doesn't.

adidas
10-25-2010, 05:31 PM

The police id assume have better history capabilities then both of us. Id imagine they would look up the history of the bike and see when it was last registered under original VIN and then onto the stolen VIN. If police can get ppl to fess up into doing murderous crimes then they could probably take this guy down as well. Although i highly doubt they will be willing to put in the work over a bike. In the end the OP doesnt have anything to lose by going to the police and filling them with as much info as he finds out about this dude, because like stated before they aint even gonna move their ass over something so small unless the work is done for them.

And i mentioned suing, as that would help OP recuperate the money from the thief if he was found guilty.

kvg
10-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Owner will sue you, then you will have to sue him.

skandalouz_08
10-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Yes, that's what I meant, edited my post. Thanks.

sabad66
10-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Couldn't you just find the old thread and use that in court as evidence that you bought it off someone?

codetrap
10-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Crap. That really sucks.

skandalouz_08
10-25-2010, 10:27 PM
It does suck for me and really isn't anything I ever thought would come back to bite me in the ass.

But all I can do now is try and find this Faizal guy and try and postpone any lawsuits on me for as long as possible.

LadyLuck
10-25-2010, 10:45 PM
would a bill of sale help out in this case? given you still have it laying around somewhere...:dunno:

codetrap
10-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Well.. the other thing you can hope for is that the judge will realize that you acted in good faith, and dismiss the claim from buddy trying to sue you 4 years after the fact. I mean, it really sucks that the motorcycle was seized by the cops and that guy is stuck with it. But I have to wonder, what did he do that caused the bike to come to the notice of the police?

Hopefully, the truth will set you free?

bituerbo
10-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Force it to trial. He probably isn't willing to risk losing lawyer fees, especially if you can prove that when you bought it the VIN had already been changed, and it wasn't you that did it.

skandalouz_08
10-27-2010, 06:26 PM
So after much research and going as far as texting his fb friends, calling random #'s I've found linked back to him and everything, I think he's moved to the States, which leaves me little to no recourse for my situation.

After speaking to my lawyer, he didn't suggest going to court would be beneficial to me as there isn't really any way for me to defend myself and I'd probably lose. That being said, I can go to court over this, represent myself, but losing means I might also have to cover the other parties legal fees to defend themselves? Or would I only be responsible for my own legal fees (none) and have to pay the settlement amount?

Advice?

codetrap
10-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Talk to a better lawyer. Maybe see if there's a statue of limitations?

bubbley
10-27-2010, 07:46 PM
How much you getting sued for

Cooked Rice
10-28-2010, 03:19 AM
So how did the new owner find out the VIN was changed and that it was stolen, yet it somehow slipped past you?

SCHIDER23
10-28-2010, 08:57 AM
^^ the registration system is not perfect, maybe the first time the op registered the bike nothing came up, cause the registration agent was either incompetent or just plain missed it, but now after 4 years maybe somebody finally noticed the VIN was not the correct one.:dunno:

Weapon_R
10-28-2010, 09:39 AM
So after much research and going as far as texting his fb friends, calling random #'s I've found linked back to him and everything, I think he's moved to the States, which leaves me little to no recourse for my situation.

After speaking to my lawyer, he didn't suggest going to court would be beneficial to me as there isn't really any way for me to defend myself and I'd probably lose. That being said, I can go to court over this, represent myself, but losing means I might also have to cover the other parties legal fees to defend themselves? Or would I only be responsible for my own legal fees (none) and have to pay the settlement amount?

Advice?

You are responsible for costs to the other party, in addition to the judgment. What court are you being sued in and for how much? Seems like some pretty small amounts to have hired lawyers over.

skandalouz_08
10-28-2010, 11:11 AM
VIN was changed by the thief to a valid VIN# so this wasn't found out until the police confiscated the motorcycle (reason for confiscation or how they found it is unknown)

I haven't been sued yet as I'm trying to work out a deal. A lawyer is involved on the other parties side because they are trying to tell me I have no case. I've involved my lawyer for advice and representation in dealing with the other law firm.

As of right now Faizal has blocked outsiders from his FB page, so I'm sure he knows I'm looking for him and he could still be in edmonton or even reading this post. I've got leads on the go right now trying to find him.

skandalouz_08
11-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Bump, anyone else able to help or know how to find/get a hold of him?