PDA

View Full Version : Armadillo Watering hole

Crymson
10-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Anyone know anything about this place? The sign went up a few days ago -- it's in the greek place that used to be beside the Macs in mission on 4th street.

R-Audi
10-25-2010, 12:46 PM
I dont think its open yet..still looks under construction.
4th st could use another decent pub... although to date nothing has worked in that location for any large amount of time.

Crymson
10-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Yeah, totally aware it's not open. I'm just excited for some more pubs down in mission. Was hopeing someone here knew who was opening it or when it may be open.

Jeremiah
10-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Ducky's Pub has been a personal favourite of mine for years.

The owners are awesome.

There has been a curse for any restaurant in that location on 4th street.

I lived there a large portion of my life and have seen at least 6-7 restaurant changes over the last 10 years

JRSC00LUDE
10-25-2010, 03:57 PM
Years ago a friend in the restaurant business said he would never open one in the same location where another had already failed.

I've noticed over the years that insight has rang true more often than not. 've seen many places come and go in the same location even if they were entirely different food/theme etc. Always found that odd....

Crymson
10-25-2010, 04:20 PM
I don't know if this is true, but a friend of mine used to own a bar on 4th street and this is what she told me. That it was very difficult to run a bar on 4th, because as opposed to other areas, like 17th, you're required to supply a certain number of parking places depending on your capacity. So the only decent sized "bars" on 4th were wildwood and duckies because of the attached parking lots.

I live in mission and wish there was more of a nightlife on 4th street. It's cool, it's a good neighbourhood, and without wildwood there is no decent nightlife.

It's a good spot .. duckies does well, i think BLVD is doing well (not my scene, never been in there), but i believe that giant ass pit that's been there 6 years creates a bit of a psychological barrier between 17th ave and duckies.

DJ_NAV
10-26-2010, 12:36 AM
BLVD closed down before the summer I believe. Orignal Joe's is OK, decent food and atmosphere. Earls and the irish pub across are probably the busiest places on 4th st. Looking fwd to Armadillo.

Crymson
12-07-2010, 09:57 AM
It's Open now. Walked past it last night.

Looks like a mexican styled pub. Can't find much info online.

i'll check it out and put up a review.