PDA

View Full Version : Canadas worst driver 6

ericchoweg
10-25-2010, 08:21 PM
so im watching this right now on discovery and some of these driver are horrendous lol

the gansgtas from montreal are funny but it seems like the worst of the worst are from alberta i thought ontario had to worst drivers lol

delled
10-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Most of these people have mental problems, not so much only talent problems.

ericchoweg
10-25-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by delled
Most of these people have mental problems, not so much only talent problems.

so true the guy from calgary has admitted to driving drunk over and over again and drives with is toddler son in the car as well

narou
10-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up! Just flipped it on.. Poor Camaro!

narou
10-25-2010, 08:37 PM
This shit has got to be scripted like holy fawk!

ericchoweg
10-25-2010, 08:39 PM
and they said they wanted to sell the camaro at the end of the season lol

delled
10-25-2010, 08:40 PM
The camaro may not be everyones favourite but this hurts to watch.

TommyEK4
10-25-2010, 08:46 PM
how... how could you be this bad hahah

ericchoweg
10-25-2010, 08:50 PM
and that girl is like super fucking cute lol

narou
10-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Whoever buys that car is gonna make money on it.. jeez. They are gonna have to sell it for like $3000

RZRSHARP_SVX
10-25-2010, 09:02 PM
its always hard to watch or look at a damaged new car. but its kinda scary being on the road with these people

Jay911
10-25-2010, 09:13 PM
One from Calgary, one from Springbank.

On one hand, it utterly frightens me to see these people driving on roads I recognize from my daily commute.

On the other hand.. no wait, there is no other hand. These people are just plain scary.

However.. I would jump at the opportunity to drive their courses, to gauge my own skills and see just how "hard" it is.

Also, does anyone else think that the show's concept is flawed? Nobody should "graduate" - they should get the whole 8 days of "lessons" and instead be rewarded somehow if they are the most improved. Kinda like they do on Worst Handyman.

baygirl
10-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Jay911

Also, does anyone else think that the show's concept is flawed? Nobody should "graduate" - they should get the whole 8 days of "lessons" and instead be rewarded somehow if they are the most improved. Kinda like they do on Worst Handyman.

This. Especially when sometimes the person who graduates hasn't really learned alot, they just performed better then everyone else that day.

On a related note, I read they are considering doing a Canada's Best Driver...

adidas
10-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by baygirl

On a related note, I read they are considering doing a Canada's Best Driver...

That will probably be worse then Canadas Worst Driver, as everyone will think they are michael schumacher or colin mcrae

pf0sh0
10-25-2010, 09:52 PM
I want to smack the guy from Calgary.

Kennyredline
10-26-2010, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by ericchoweg

so true the guy from calgary has admitted to driving drunk over and over again and drives with is toddler son in the car as well
Calgary could do it's own "Worst Driver", and have two seasons a year, and have double the amount of people in a season that the original show does. How is it these people can't be arrested for what they say???

jonnycat
10-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Shit when did this start?

talonboi
10-26-2010, 10:13 AM
haha i know that scott guy! he works down the street from me

Sugarphreak
10-26-2010, 11:58 AM

cloud7
10-26-2010, 12:09 PM
This demonstrates that traffic enforcement system of mainly ticketing speeders is flawed. These people should not be on the road, but most of them are not habitual speeders probably is the reason why they still have their licenses.

n1zm0
10-26-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Some people just have zero concept of where they are and how they relate to things around them in the world.... putting them in a car just amplifies it.

No amount of training or practice will ever make those particular people any good at driving. They will always be a good foot into your lane, stuck at the end of merge lanes, cutting you off as they decide to take a right instead of a left at a 3 lane road & take corners by first coming to almost a dead stop.

This is exactly why we need harder exams to get your drivers license.

QFT!

it demonstrates the complete fail in getting a license here, it's too damned lenient before, during and after training/licensing. they forget to teach important human-related factors when youre 14-16 ys/o and instead pour the rules onto you, the actual driving part and rules of the road are half imo, the other half is situational awareness.

Situational awareness is defined:"is the perception of environmental elements within a volume of time and space, the comprehension of their meaning, and the projection of their status in the near future" in gdamned 16 y/o HS kid terms : how far do i have to stay behind this guy to avoid rear-ending at these speeds, how much brake pedal pressure should i have to apply at this speed, am i going to be able to slide into traffic with this much merge lane that they've given me.

Some ppl can't even grasp this concept whatsoever it's scary, ppl who completely let go of the steering wheel when they panic, the type that have no concept of depth perception trying to squeeze into a merge lane or no timing skills that freak out in the merge lane and come to a full stop, a full fken stop ffs!!! merge means integrate yourself into traffic, not STOP and wait for traffic to pass.

most ppl male and female have it, theres just some that will never get it i.e : that one girl or guy we all know who has totalled 3, 4, 5+ cars in their short driving life already and how are these ppl driving still? The lack of frequent and more strict driving tests, it should be mandatory every 3 years or so to take a driving aptitude test IMO

but even the skills and basic knowledge teaching is absolutely too lax, if theres one thing they need to teach as well is how to change a gdamned tire instead of sitting at the side of the road on your cellphone calling AMA or a family member for help, ffs! lefty loosey righty tightee!!

adam c
10-26-2010, 02:27 PM
That Scott guy is embarrassing and quite scary

SideSwipe
10-26-2010, 04:01 PM
It all boils down to how we are taught to drive. Teaching kids to drive should be exactly like learning how to drive on the track. I learned WAY more from Track Techniques, Allen Berg, and Bob Bondurant about driving in general than i did in my drivers ed classes. And the best thing; all those skills used to drive on the track are applicable to driving on the road. Every single one of them. Drivers ed i good for teaching rules of the road... you know, the very basic operations. But its not enough to rely on when your actually driving.

Why the hell doesn't AMA (or whatever drivers ed organization) rent the track, get some instructors, and teach kids HOW TO DRIVE? Money shouldn't be an issue when its about safety. A majority of our driving problems would be solved. plus... it would be fun and give teens incentive to drive.

Any parents on beyond: when your kid turns 16 and they get a car, send them to a driving school like track techniques or something. IT WILL SAVE THEIR LIVES!
--how many teens can avoid an accident? how many of them know what to do in an understeer or oversteer situation? Hell...how many adults can do either of those things?

i have to agree with n1zm0.... Better drivers education would benefit society. And they should teach some life skills as well; like changing your own tire. lol.

Kennyredline
10-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by SideSwipe
It all boils down to how we are taught to drive. Teaching kids to drive should be exactly like learning how to drive on the track. I learned WAY more from Track Techniques, Allen Berg, and Bob Bondurant about driving in general than i did in my drivers ed classes. And the best thing; all those skills used to drive on the track are applicable to driving on the road. Every single one of them. Drivers ed i good for teaching rules of the road... you know, the very basic operations. But its not enough to rely on when your actually driving.

Why the hell doesn't AMA (or whatever drivers ed organization) rent the track, get some instructors, and teach kids HOW TO DRIVE?
I totally agree that track skills play a big role in building confidence in new drivers; as an instructor, I saw IMMEDIATE changes in attitudes in drivers that were timid behind the wheel before the track, they were much more confident after. The biggest problem is that the traffic laws and punishments are too lax. There is a lot to driving that is common sense, and while much more mandatory driver training helps new drivers to learn the rules of the road and of driving, tougher laws and harsher punishments will deter people from driving like this loser on "Worst Driver."

ericchoweg
11-01-2010, 08:03 PM
The new episode is on right now channel 35

911fever
11-01-2010, 08:42 PM
haha so the whole route takes place in the city where I go to school!

Jay911
11-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Did we ever determine if this Scott prick is a Beyonder?

Ukyo8
11-01-2010, 09:52 PM
That scott guy seems like hes just there for the attention, in the first challange he backed up through the course without hitting a single thing :rofl:

D'z Nutz
11-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Anyone looking to catch up can watch them here online:
http://watch.discoverychannel.ca/canadas-worst-driver

If you haven't watched CWD5, check out this Wil character. His attitude just pisses me the fuck off.

Whenever I watch CWD's driver, I want to try out those challenges myself!

ericchoweg
11-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Did we ever determine if this Scott prick is a Beyonder?

hes gotta be lol

theken
11-01-2010, 11:38 PM
I wish they would open up a course like that for general public to try out. Oh edit in. I can't believe people lol. How do hit a giant fucking stop sign??

Barking_Spidre
11-01-2010, 11:54 PM
This Scott guy is a fucking idiot.

nissanK
11-02-2010, 10:43 AM
*SPOILER ALERT*

Scott has been kicked off. His buddy pulled his insurance and he's been reported to CPS. Betcha he's still driving anyway.:facepalm:

HiSpec
11-02-2010, 02:04 PM
We should do a Beyond's CWD, just gather a bunch (read: lots) of cardboard boxes and design a course!!

toastgremlin
11-02-2010, 02:44 PM
I wonder if there's actually enough in that report for CPS to have done anything with - it seems a little insubstantial and predicated mostly on hearsay. Not a lawyer, it just seemed sort of weird for them to make the report and then follow it up with narration claiming that months later he still hasn't been charged.

It is frightening that he's still driving - at one point in the introductory episode he passes another driver by crossing a double yellow through an intersection at double the speed limit (and possibly also talking on his cellphone.) I wonder how many other people in AB are driving uninsured and without a license.

I'd happily try an obstacle course with cardboard boxes - my reversing skills are pretty lacking and it'd be fun to get more experience.

n1zm0
11-02-2010, 02:48 PM
^ i remember the host saying it probably doesnt matter , the CPS only cares if youre caught in the act, they have no proof

when they showed him doing retarded shit on what looks to be the deerfoot, his face is the face of idgaf for anything, let Darwin take the lead in this case... watch out for a black 90s maxima from now on if he ever gets insurance again.

as said i cringed a little when seeing them plow that brand new camaro every which way even though the bumper was missing already, my gf was looking at me like i'm some weirdo lol

Jay911
11-02-2010, 05:18 PM
I thought that looked more like Stoney than Deerfoot - tons of open space on either side of the road.

Right at the end of the episode last night they said "3 1/2 months after filming ended, Scott has not yet faced any criminal charges".

Wrinkly
11-02-2010, 08:40 PM
^^ I saw that, too. Frankly I'm quite shocked - the guy admitted on camera to driving drunk - more than once. He admitted to hitting and running, he admitted to driving without insurance, he admitted to driving whilst under house arrest and he even admitted to using a friends name and details as his own and that friend being charged with DUI as a result, and he is even SHOWN on film driving like a douchebag AND actually in the act of breaking laws!

I fail to see why they haven't charged him with SOMETHING :dunno:

talonboi
11-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Wrinkly
^^ I saw that, too. Frankly I'm quite shocked - the guy admitted on camera to driving drunk - more than once. He admitted to hitting and running, he admitted to driving without insurance, he admitted to driving whilst under house arrest and he even admitted to using a friends name and details as his own and that friend being charged with DUI as a result, and he is even SHOWN on film driving like a douchebag AND actually in the act of breaking laws!

I fail to see why they haven't charged him with SOMETHING :dunno:

the show has footage of most of the people breaking the law...

one of my customers went to scotts work and asked where he is, the parents replied "he's in school" lol

sweeks
11-03-2010, 01:24 PM
I've seen that douche on stony, almost killed me by cutting me off then proceeded to pass a bunch of people on the shoulder. forget charging him, take him out back and shoot him.

Wrinkly
11-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by talonboi

the show has footage of most of the people breaking the law...

one of my customers went to scotts work and asked where he is, the parents replied "he's in school" lol

True - but as he's the one that's been reported to his local police (by a retired Officer, to boot) I'm surprised they haven't done something about it.

Originally posted by sweeks
I've seen that douche on stony, almost killed me by cutting me off then proceeded to pass a bunch of people on the shoulder. forget charging him, take him out back and shoot him.

LOL :D

ericchoweg
11-08-2010, 09:49 PM
new episode on right now

crazy how they dont even know the sign colors and this episode alone burned through 3 clutches lol who knows what they edit out lol

Jay911
11-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Dean's buddy cracks me up.

Do Miatas come with that cage-looking bar in back or are those ex-Spec cars?

sr20s14zenki
11-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Omg the clutch carnage hahaha. Too funny. Tards.

VetteRacin
11-09-2010, 01:38 AM
it must take some serious talent to burn the clutches that bad they smoke the car up

ericchoweg
11-15-2010, 09:31 PM
new episode on right now:burnout:

the 2 black guys kill me:rofl:

Jay911
11-15-2010, 10:07 PM
His friend/nominator cracks me up.

The guy from Springbank.. I'd've pushed his wife out the open passenger door miles back.

One of my Facebook contacts today said she was just gifted a Camaro. Naturally, I instantly thought of this show. :D

FLARE
11-15-2010, 10:12 PM
I've heard he's in mechanics at Sait.

ericchoweg
11-22-2010, 09:04 PM
new episode on now looks good so far

FraserB
11-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Is AWD-TSI on this? Probably should be.

SJW
11-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Looks like they could film the show right here in Calgary.

http://newsroom.calgary.ca/pr/calgary/traffic-collisions-2010-11-22-179629.aspx

delco21
11-22-2010, 09:48 PM
I've gotta do a 365 you know a full circle like the world turns you know 365 days a year so the world is round like a 365

Bahahahaha :rofl:

Kardon
11-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Some people just have zero concept of where they are and how they relate to things around them in the world....

THIS.

Z32 on the next ep.

Tarrantula
11-22-2010, 09:56 PM
I never want to attract Dales gaze HA HA HA HA HA

Fuck she is crazy.

Cos
11-22-2010, 10:14 PM
I kind of want to try some of these tests and see how I compare to them.

g-m
11-22-2010, 11:29 PM
dale is absolutely insane. Second only to that crazy asian bitch a few seasons back from calgary. I canna see!

M.alex
11-23-2010, 01:47 AM
I can't believe Dale isn't acting :rofl:

sillysod
11-23-2010, 03:34 PM
This and the Worst Handyman are the most painful things to watch on TV. I will watch ice capades all fucking day long before I can sit through 10 minutes of watching this

g-m
11-23-2010, 06:57 PM
you're doing it wrong then

Twin_Cam_Turbo
11-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Scott is a Automotive Student here at SAIT. Just a few minutes ago we got a few words out of him. He says when they filmed him driving he drove like he was 18 again to try and get on the show. He says he overdramatized everything just to get on the show. He got pulled out of class on Monday by CPS, and apparently an officer from Chestemere is going to be attending ever court date he has now for all his offenses.

Sounds like he screwed himself over hard by being an idiot.

g-m
11-26-2010, 05:27 PM
he won't get punished its all heresay. Unless in fact he did get his friend a DUI and that friend is willing to testify.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
11-26-2010, 05:31 PM
This is all for stuff he actually got caught for, not for stuff he admitted to.

sr20s14zenki
11-29-2010, 09:03 PM
They are using a JDM 300zx TT for thread the needle this year, hahaha watching it now.

Serria1
11-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Looks like Chestermere
Flip to pages 6-7 nice
http://www.theanchor.ca/joomla/index.php?option=com_flippingbook&view=book&id=2&page=1&Itemid=95

Jay911
11-29-2010, 10:03 PM
I think Brad would graduate if he had a roll of duct tape.

adam c
11-29-2010, 10:37 PM
I think Brad would graduate if he had a roll of duct tape.

you mean a set of balls and left his purse in springbank

Benny
11-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by adam c

you mean a set of balls and left his purse in springbank

Yeah him and the wife can be painful to watch at times. I don't know how he does it. Dude just needs to put the pants on.

Dale is the worst, by far. I don't wanna be so blunt about it but she's just a fucking idiot. And of course she tries to pull the "I have to go home, I'm too sick" shit at the end there. :banghead:

M.alex
11-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Benny

. And of course she tries to pull the "I have to go home, I'm too sick" shit at the end there. :banghead:

I have a cut on my hand ... am I going to get blood poisoning too? :(

Tik-Tok
05-10-2015, 08:31 PM
And the douche is back in the news...

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/05/10/one-of-canadas-worst-drivers-busted-doing-176-kmh

CALGARY -- His segment on Canada's Worst Driver ended with him kicked off the show and city police tipped off to his many, many examples of bad behaviour behind the wheel.

Saturday night in the city's northeast, local traffic cops made Scott Schurink's acquaintance again.

It was happenstance, Staff Sgt. Paul Stacey said, one of his guys had the radar gun up on Stoney Tr. N.E. near 16 Ave. when Schurink drove by, allegedly doing 176 km/h in a 100 km/h zone.

Stacey said he still wears his brief brush with infamy like a badge of honour and asked the officer, "You don't recognize me, do you?"

Calgary police have known about him since 2010, when he was a contestant on the Canada's Worst Driver TV show.

On the show, which was televised across the country, Schurink said, "I'm a good drunk driver."

"I have driven well over 200 km/h," he said. "I've been suspended several times and I've never actually stopped driving.

"I probably hit this guy's car at like 50 (km/h) ... I changed my tire, and then I drove off.

"In order to drive when I was off on house arrest I got a friend, memorized his name, his date and all that sort of stuff, and I drove as him for a number of years."

They booted him from the show in the season's second week.

What show staff, one of whom is an ex-traffic cop, heard was so disturbing they called Calgary police.

At the speed he is alleged to have been driving Saturday night, several years later, Schurink now faces an automatic court date.

He was also allegedly driving while suspended, so he's lost his car for 30 days too.

"I'm not sure what makes him feel invincible, but it seems that he hasn't learned a thing," Stacey said.

And Stacey called his alleged actions "absolutely reckless."

"This isn't a mistake. This is just a blatant disregard for everyone's safety on the road, including his own," he said.

Schurink couldn't be reached for comment.

On the show, when the host told Schurink looking cool on TV wasn't going to work out how he had planned, Schurink fired back, "Wow. I'm about to cry -- shed a tear."

An episode later, he did.

Soooo, what's his Beyond username? :rofl:

Edit: Jesus fucking christ. This idiot works at Precision Alignment??? Not taking any of my cars there anymore, who knows how he treats them when on a test drive.

https://www.facebook.com/scott.schurink/about

Kijho
05-10-2015, 09:14 PM
Saw this same thing earlier today - the Precision Alignment fact startled me a bit as I've brought all my cars there. I never can recall seeing him though, it's usually the same people every time up front and the one older man in the back who's super awesome at his work!!

Scary to think of this on our streets, watching the video you can see parts of Deerfoot / Stoney. :eek:

jdmXSI
05-10-2015, 11:21 PM
In before he gets fired from Precision alignment

Redlined_8000
05-11-2015, 09:03 AM
I think I saw this dude at Precision Alignment when I took my car there, LUCKILY he was not working on any cars. He stopped by to say hi to his "bro" at the front desk and took off. Looked very greasy....

dirtsniffer
05-11-2015, 09:06 AM
what a fcking grease ball. Hopefully he gets locked up

quick_scar
05-11-2015, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
what a fcking grease ball. Hopefully he gets locked up

The sad part is the person who will suffer the most from him being locked up is his son who is innocent in this.

dirtsniffer
05-11-2015, 09:28 AM
Would be significantly worse buddy ends up killing the both of them in an accident. Could he end up with a dangerous offender status based on him continuously driving recklessly with no license?

M.alex
05-11-2015, 10:16 AM
somebody call them and ask? :dunno:

http://precisionalignment.ca/

Tik-Tok
05-11-2015, 10:20 AM
Lol, he's definitely on here (or has friends that are).

Yesterday it said he worked there on his page, today it's removed.

baygirl
05-11-2015, 10:42 AM
Apparently anyone can get a ride from him!

(copy and paste from his Facebook)
Road Trip anyone. Free ride...
And ...
Rides to ANYWHERE, for $5 becuase you know me.
Work/play/BC/or a ride home.... For $5 for the next hour.
Normal $10 minimum.
Call 403-919-5465 for
Someone to drive you.
Text or Call 403-617-5465 for ME to drive you.
Or you may send an email to [email protected] to schedule a pickup for another time. $5 covers all drives for the next hour. Maximum 50 kilometres.
Normal rate is $10 minimum, $20 for 2 vehicles(designated driving, etc. Covers first 10 kilometres. Additional mileage is $1/km, or $2/km for two vehicles. Class 1 is $4/km. Add a $20 surcharge, for drives over 100km. No gst until April 30th. Reciept available!!

TomcoPDR
05-11-2015, 10:48 AM
^ the last ride

JustinMCS
05-11-2015, 12:28 PM
his car got vandalized. people are commenting that this is what happens when you hang out with shady people. he even wrote a post about his speeding incident and friends are calling him out. he is really defensive, "not my problem", everyone else's fault kinda guy. needs some growing up to do.

snowcat
05-11-2015, 12:46 PM
If a tree falls in the middle of the forest, and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?
If a cop wants to hang you out to dry, because you called him gullible on national television, and tries his best to find some dirt on you, but fails. Then he writes you a bogus speeding ticket, using the highest number he can count to. And then calls the paper to bring attention to this phony ticket. Does that give everybody a right to make a sound?
Know me, know the truth, know constable Stacy (whatever it is), who drives the police bike, was picked on in school or something growing up. Know that he is the classic case of that cop who's trying to punish the world for himself being a loser. I'll beat all this bullshit, but will the Sun write a page 3 about that, probably not.
So to all you haters out there, believe everything you see on TV, be as gullible as city police, or call and hear the straight story over a coffee with the real normal guy.
403-617-5465 - Scott Willem Schurink (driving specialist)

From his facebook.

Give him a call guys! haha.

TomcoPDR
05-11-2015, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by snowcat

403-617-5465 - Scott Willem Schurink (driving specialist)

From his facebook.

Give him a call guys! haha.

Becareful on your bike out there snowcat. Any new videos coming soon?

Lex350
05-11-2015, 12:52 PM
hahahahaha.... I was waiting for Snowcat to post in this thread.

did not disappoint. :D :D

aaronck
05-11-2015, 01:56 PM
How on earth is he not locked up? Already posting on Facebook how everyone is out to get him, busted doing 70 over without a license should be jail time, shouldn't it?

Tik-Tok
05-11-2015, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by snowcat
So to all you haters out there, believe everything you see on TV, be as gullible as city police, or call and hear the straight story over a coffee with the real normal guy.

So he doesn't drive like that in real life? He's just an attention seeking idiot akin to Big Brother/Jersey Shore types, instead of an idiotic bad driver?

JustinMCS
05-11-2015, 02:57 PM
He does drive like that and now wants to back peddle as to not get in trouble or to make people think he's not as bad as he is.