PDA

View Full Version : Winter Storing?

r0g3r
10-25-2010, 10:26 PM
So for winter storing, can I just keep my bike in my garage and have the battery connected to a trickle charger (While connected to bike)? Or is there hazards with doing that??

Should I disconnect battery from bike and then connect trickle charger (keeping in garage) ??

Thanks for your help. Plz don't flame :facepalm:

KO22
10-25-2010, 10:46 PM
store it in the living room by fire place to keep it nice and warm over winter just like pauly d did :rofl: but yeah connect trickle charger n ur good tooo goo!

craigcd
10-26-2010, 08:32 AM
I wouldnt use a trickle charger, use a "battery tender". Might be worth pulling the battery out and storing it inside. Aside from that some people use fuel stabelizer- I just fill my tank.

Graham_A_M
10-26-2010, 09:01 PM
^ This. I fill my tank, and run my bike with fuel stabilizer. Run it for about 10min to make sure its run throughout the entire fuel system, but yes pull the battery out, leave it inside and once every week or two hook it back up the battery tender/(or the like) and wait for it to charge fully before disconnecting it. Leaving it attached to the battery 24/7 is quite a waste of energy.

kevie88
10-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Leaving it attached to the battery 24/7 is quite a waste of energy.

haha a couple of milliamps a month isn't going to break anyone's bank, and it's cheap insurance. I leave mine on all winter, but I rotate mine between 4 batteries.

Graham_A_M
10-26-2010, 09:15 PM
^ Its not that, the charger itself gets fairly warm. Its crazy how much it wastes for how little it does; leave alone while in hover mode. :dunno:

craigcd
10-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by kevie88

haha a couple of milliamps a month isn't going to break anyone's bank, and it's cheap insurance. I leave mine on all winter, but I rotate mine between 4 batteries.

I do the same- one battery tender 3 leads!

GOnSHO
11-04-2010, 09:04 AM
must find trickle charger! ha