PDA

View Full Version : Looking for places to incorporate a LTD company

911sc
10-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Can anyone suggest a place to incorporate a business. I am looking for the best price and want to know of some companies you might have used

cosmok
10-26-2010, 08:01 PM
AMA is supposed to be good with helping figure things out, that or a accountant can do it for you

barmanjay
10-26-2010, 08:15 PM
do it online

https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/cc/CorporationsCanada/hm.html?locale=en_CA

roopi
10-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Like barman jay said do it yourself. It's pretty straight forward. If you can't figure it out good luck in your business. :D

CapnCrunch
10-27-2010, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by roopi
Like barman jay said do it yourself. It's pretty straight forward. If you can't figure it out good luck in your business. :D

:rofl:

Wrath
10-27-2010, 11:26 AM
I did it myself......also the act of incorporating MAKES you a LTD company.

Can I ask why you need to incorporate?

It's not always the best solution for small business. I wish I could be a sole proprietorship sometimes

Bisklimpkit
10-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Wrath
I did it myself......also the act of incorporating MAKES you a LTD company.

Can I ask why you need to incorporate?

It's not always the best solution for small business. I wish I could be a sole proprietorship sometimes

May I ask why you wish you could be a sole proprietership sometimes? I've found that not paying CPP and saving a ton of income tax (only possible because I incorporated) have made me wish that I'd been incorporated for a lot longer than I have been.

bspot
10-27-2010, 02:19 PM
You can do it at any registry. Definitely don't pay anyone to set it up.

Incorporating and getting a GST # is not a difficult process.

KappaSigma
10-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Delete

911sc
10-28-2010, 01:06 AM
Thanks everyone, I did it online and took me a whole 10 minutes...

Wrath
11-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Bisklimpkit

May I ask why you wish you could be a sole proprietership sometimes? I've found that not paying CPP and saving a ton of income tax (only possible because I incorporated) have made me wish that I'd been incorporated for a lot longer than I have been.

I have a very small business (30K gross MAX) that I HAD to set up as corporation

The business is essentially a shell that allows me to take care of the town house property I live on (the entire property) The property management company would not allow a sole proprietorship to do this (Liability ect..) so now I have all the extra hassle of the Cooperation (Shares..share structure...Tax costs.. separate bank account...dividends ect.) to deal with

It is not my full time job....(I have one of those) and it's a great deal of work to administer

Bisklimpkit
11-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Wrath

I have a very small business (30K gross MAX) that I HAD to set up as corporation

The business is essentially a shell that allows me to take care of the town house property I live on (the entire property) The property management company would not allow a sole proprietorship to do this (Liability ect..) so now I have all the extra hassle of the Cooperation (Shares..share structure...Tax costs.. separate bank account...dividends ect.) to deal with

It is not my full time job....(I have one of those) and it's a great deal of work to administer

Ah ha...now I understand, and fully agree. When I had a full time job and was doing work on the side, being incorporated would definitely not have been worth the hassle at that time.

banned3x
11-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by bspot
You can do it at any registry. Definitely don't pay anyone to set it up.

Incorporating and getting a GST # is not a difficult process.

Can I do both at the registries? (incorp and gst)

Where did you guys get the wcb crap?

cosmok
11-02-2010, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by banned3x

Can I do both at the registries? (incorp and gst)

Where did you guys get the wcb crap?
Call WCB and do it over the phone