PDA

View Full Version : Garage broken into last night. REWARD offered.

civic_stylez
10-26-2010, 08:30 AM
So I come out to the garage this morning to find everything scattered all over the floor and a few obvious items missing.. I havent had time to go through every little thing yet as I am waiting for the police to arrive but there are 2 main things I have noticed are gone.

Time was between 11pm and 6 am. I am in Bonavista. I see another thread by Graham AM noting the same thing so the SE is getting hit hard by the looks of it.

First is my DH mountain bike. They used cutters to break the lock I had on it. Its a Giant Faith 3 in blue shown exactly as below..

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i19/hautsauz/giant_faith_3.jpg

Next item is a Dussault Koi Fish hoodie.. these are VERY rare and easy to identify. Its a black XL hoodie as shown below.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i19/hautsauz/15936_188612681235_515551235_2913283_7911425_n-1-1.jpg

I am offering a significant cash reward for these items. I also work for one of Calgary's very high end car dealers and as part of the reward, I am offering a test drive in one of our super cars as well. Bentley Supersports, Astons, Lambos, Audi R8 V10 just to name a few. It would be my pleasure to have someone drive one of these cars for the return of my items.

Any information, please contact the calgary police service.

Thank you for reading.

RizenSun
10-26-2010, 08:33 AM
What part of the City are you in man? What time did this happen at?

Awd-Tsi
10-26-2010, 08:36 AM
Almost seems like its someone who knew you had the bike... otherwise why would they walk around with the lock cutter

civic_stylez
10-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by RizenSun
What part of the City are you in man? What time did this happen at?

Sorry, edited with info. Thanks.

G-ZUS
10-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Arent you the guy who was painting car parts for charity not to long ago?

freshprince1
10-26-2010, 08:40 AM
your bike = :drool:

Sucks that this happened. I despise thieves. Good luck finding the perp(s).

Awd-Tsi
10-26-2010, 08:43 AM
keep an eye on kijiji and pink bike. My friend rides that same bike as well. Giant faith 3 right?

kvg
10-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Ill keep an eye out, I live in the area. Vin#? Being a cyclist, I would be extremely upset too.

Kloubek
10-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Fuckers. I remember when my car was broken into and my stereo system stolen - I was on a bloody warpath to try to find out who did it.

Turns out while I was at the cop shop, two other guys showed up who also got hit that night. Made me realize that the thefts were completely random, and I was never going to find the person.

Don't get me wrong - post rewards, do whatever you can. Beyond can be pretty amazing sometimes. But let's face it, the chances of you getting your stuff back is low - so once everything settles down, make sure you let it go or it'll eat at ya.

Good luck!

BTW: To the lock cutter question: It is not uncommon for thieves to have lock cutters with them. They guys were on a mission, and lock cutters can be very useful for various reasons.

beyond_ban
10-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Awd-Tsi
Almost seems like its someone who knew you had the bike... otherwise why would they walk around with the lock cutter

If they are breaking into garages they would obviously be carrying tools to extract the goods. This doesn't mean that they were specifically targeting his bike but rather they were not amateurs and they knew what they were doing.

Awd-Tsi
10-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

If they are breaking into garages they would obviously be carrying tools to extract the goods. This doesn't mean that they were specifically targeting his bike but rather they were not amateurs and they knew what they were doing. yeah I mean they could have seen the bike before hand and came back for it, just like people hear a sub bumping, follow the car and come back later to steal it.

Tik-Tok
10-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Just curious, how did they break in? Did they force the big garage door open, or go into your yard, and use the normal door?

Muji
10-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Targeted I would say, nice car means by extension nice stuff in the garage. Every time you open the door, it is a personal invite for the riff-raff to take a peek in. I caught a guy standing at my garage door looking inside when I was busy waxing my car and I do not live in a so called high risk area. Search Kijiji and Craig's List for your brand name bike and jacket, do it a few times a day and do not limit it to Calgary, as one can sell that bike quickly in say Banff or Edmonton. There might be a auto-notification process to let you know when these things are listed to save yourself from the daily searches.*

*Found out how to do a Kijiji Notice:

http://help.kijiji.net/ca/knowledgebase.php?article=29

Post the bike photo and description at Mountain Coop, they have a board near the check out.

Thieves like to take what is easy to resell, tools, DVD, CDs, etc. So look in the garage for these missing items. Oh and be aware, thieves often return in a few months as they know you will have replaced all your used stuff with new stuff and the cycle continues. This has happened to the majority of those I know who have been ripped off, so get an alarm (reduced home insurance cost is the same as the alarm cost), alarm signs, cameras, better garage door, better lighting on your property, change the garage door opener code, etc.

Will keep an eye out for the jacket and bike.

syeve
10-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Sucks about your bike...I will keep an eye out for it.

v2kai
10-26-2010, 09:47 AM
wow this sucks for everyone getting their shit broken and jacked up. I really hope someone with a crowbar bumps into these pieces of crap in the act.:whipped: :whipped: :whipped:

eyes peeled for your stuff

Modelexis
10-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Best reward ever.

gts_gurl
10-26-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm in Bonavista too, and my neighbour was telling me just the other day he had heard of 4 or 5 break ins in the neighbourhood... effin theives :whipped:

Best of luck getting your items back... will keep a look out as well.

93VR6
10-26-2010, 10:28 AM
I live in bonavista as well, woke up to my car door being wide open on my driveway, granted I don't lock it since it's a 94 stripped ford aspire with literally nothing inside, but still.

I'll be on the lookout in bonavista.

edit, just read the reward, Awesome!

zipdoa
10-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Throw the bike up on the pinkbike.com stolen section... i've caught a bike theif back in the day.

civic_stylez
10-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
Arent you the guy who was painting car parts for charity not to long ago?

No, sorry was not me.

civic_stylez
10-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Just curious, how did they break in? Did they force the big garage door open, or go into your yard, and use the normal door?

They got in through the man door on my detached garage. You need to come into my yard to get to it.

Thank you for the replies everyone. I hope to have a reward test drive for someone soon!!!!

turbotrip
10-26-2010, 01:01 PM
did they break the lock on the man door? or just use a credit card to get in

Masked Bandit
10-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Like I mentioned in the other thread don't assume this is over yet. Two weeks ago a client's house was B & E'd twice within 48 hours. He's right on Queensland Drive, just down the hill from you.

CMW403
10-26-2010, 03:03 PM
if i was you i'd throw up a WTB thread for a giant faith 3 on pinkbike, kijiji, craigslist. karma might play in your corner and he'll see your ad as a quick flip...

Modelexis
10-26-2010, 03:21 PM
If I were this thief I would be shitting my pants.
90% of the people that browse this forum would kill to drive a supercar.

I wouldn't wanna be the guy to find out what percentage would literally kill to drive a supercar.

Sal0
10-26-2010, 04:04 PM
That sucks man, I had two Norco Fluid 4's stolen earlier this summer. I'll keep my eye out for this as well. Hard bike to miss!

civic_stylez
10-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Much appreciated guys.. Just super choked over this.

We have lots of cool cars here to drive!!! Ill pay you a reward to drive a 650hp car!!!!

beyond_ban
10-26-2010, 04:24 PM
The hoodie definitely stands out. If i see anyone wearing it i will walk up to them and tell them i really want to buy it off them as i have been looking for the exact design. If someone really spent the $1000+ on the hoodie, they would obviously say no.... but if you had just stolen it, i think you would like the money more.

That's my plan for justice hahah

civic_stylez
10-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
The hoodie definitely stands out. If i see anyone wearing it i will walk up to them and tell them i really want to buy it off them as i have been looking for the exact design. If someone really spent the $1000+ on the hoodie, they would obviously say no.... but if you had just stolen it, i think you would like the money more.

That's my plan for justice hahah

Very true! And yes, that really is a thousand dollar hoodie... There arent many of that hoodie out there so im hoping i can find it on ebay or kijiji.

chkolny541
10-26-2010, 06:03 PM
ive never seen or heard about that hoodie, but holy shit is it ever expensive, i just did a quick search and they are selling for 600$+ WTF?! You really just need to keep an eye out for the sale of those 2 items, odds are they will pawn off the bike and hoodie real fast, check ebay as well

Guillermo
10-26-2010, 06:21 PM
i'm guessing it would be very easy to profile the thief, since they stole that hoody (most people wouldn't even know what it is). it was probably someone you know or have invited into your garage, actually/.

M.alex
10-27-2010, 01:55 AM
I would seriously LOL if these items turned up somewhere easy to find like kijiji....knowing Beyond it'd be reported within like 5 minutes

Although I just searched as well...I wana drive one of your cars too :D

Shlade
10-27-2010, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by M.alex
I would seriously LOL if these items turned up somewhere easy to find like kijiji....knowing Beyond it'd be reported within like 5 minutes

Although I just searched as well...I wana drive one of your cars too :D

oh give a poor man a chance to drive a real car you dick!! your slowest car is 500hp

civic_stylez
10-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Shlade

oh give a poor man a chance to drive a real car you dick!! your slowest car is 500hp

Shlade, I even have a car here for you.. this one is in the area of 700hp.. CS edition Supersnake..

If anyone helps find my stuff you WONT be disappointed!!!!!

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i19/hautsauz/Picture477.jpg

Shlade
10-27-2010, 10:24 AM
wow thats beautiful...

Try looking at pawn shops aswell.. Since you live in Bonavista id check the few pawn shops around macleoud trail.

Ill keep an eye out for you tho man. Hope you get your property back.

bb147
10-30-2010, 11:27 PM
wow.. will keep a lookout as well..

i am close to bonavista and queensland..

I wonder if these recent B&E's are related to a pretty big police and helicopter circling we had here a few weeks ago.