PDA

View Full Version : 2002 - Slk32 Amg ?????

euro_racer
01-01-2004, 06:22 PM
this is the biggest shame of all!!!ive seen this car on the auction and decide to take some pictures of it. check it out.

From this:

euro_racer
01-01-2004, 06:23 PM
to this:

euro_racer
01-01-2004, 06:24 PM

euro_racer
01-01-2004, 06:25 PM
aint it crazy? does anyone acctually know what happend to it? its a biig shame:banghead:

pinoyhero
01-01-2004, 06:27 PM
OMFG you should have put work warning that is distrubing.

EK 2.0
01-01-2004, 06:28 PM
Wasnt your last thread about this locked out Bro??

ryder_23
01-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Newb cant take a hint

GTS Jeff
01-01-2004, 06:30 PM
idiot, the last thread was deleted for a reason.

04blackMAX
01-01-2004, 06:31 PM
why was it locked.......whats the big deal...smashed up his car, it happens long as hes ok......

gkAeris
01-01-2004, 06:31 PM
:banghead:

I don't think theres any problem with posting about this, its not a secret.

tegdream
01-01-2004, 06:32 PM
well this was on ehere a while ago and everyone was really hush hush about it....seems like they should just say what happened cuz toher wise its gonna keep comming up!

roopi
01-01-2004, 06:33 PM
what happened??? :confused:

tegdream
01-01-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
idiot, the last thread was deleted for a reason.

why was it deleted?

euro_racer
01-01-2004, 06:38 PM
what wrong wit posting this?

01-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Was this the one that was hit near the University?

And why would a thread like this be locked? Some beyond.ca conspiracy...

ryder_23
01-01-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
what wrong wit posting this?

Originally posted by 008
Was this the one that was hit near the University?

And why would a thread like this be locked? Some beyond.ca conspiracy...

Some people dont like having things in there life talkd about. How would u feel if u had something you wanted to keep to urself and ur friends...and people you dont know are out talking about it.....like whats the point of talkin about it? who cares if he crashed his car...its his problem not yours.

/////AMG
01-01-2004, 06:46 PM
If someone doesn't post something about their car, they OBVIOUSLY don't want anyone to know about it, only people they tell face to face. So if someone doesn't want you to know they aren't going to say anything.

:closed:

euro_racer
01-01-2004, 06:46 PM
yo chiil guy thats y i said its a shame i never started to talk shit bout him

euro_racer
01-01-2004, 06:47 PM
i never even knew that that car belongs to someone on this site

hjr
01-01-2004, 06:51 PM
fair enough

euro_racer
01-01-2004, 06:53 PM
yo guys chill, i just wanted to know some info so i can buy it, i dont see whats the big deal?

04blackMAX
01-01-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23

Some people dont like having things in there life talkd about. How would u feel if u had something you wanted to keep to urself and ur friends...and people you dont know are out talking about it.....like whats the point of talkin about it? who cares if he crashed his car...its his problem not yours.

well if he didnt want his car talked about he never would have entered it in car shows, come on, its a car, so what its smahed up...big deal...cars can be easily replaced

Toms-Celica
01-01-2004, 06:54 PM
It's a global community. With 6000+ members it was only a matter of time before this got posted. I wish the owner the best! I am glad he is ok!

GTS Jeff
01-01-2004, 06:55 PM
what wrong wit posting this? someone with deleting powers (mods) dont want u to, thats what.

/////AMG
01-01-2004, 06:55 PM
Where the hell are the admins or moderators??:dunno:

tegdream
01-01-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Porsche_944
If someone doesn't post something about their car, they OBVIOUSLY don't want anyone to know about it, only people they tell face to face. So if someone doesn't want you to know they aren't going to say anything.

:closed:

you posted it last time! :rolleyes:

Hash_man
01-01-2004, 07:01 PM
Oh man, I never saw the pics... OUCH!.. twas a beautiful car.
:confused:

MrX
01-01-2004, 07:05 PM
People will always be inquisitive, especially on a forum, so there's no point in saying don't ask. They just need to realize that persistence won't unravel any details of the event as the owner kept the issue private for personal reasons. Either way, knowing the driver came away safe is all I need to know:thumbsup:

tegdream
01-01-2004, 07:10 PM
and it also seems that the only people who know are trying to keep it on the d-l, so they dont have any iformation to gain anyways! :rolleyes:

4G63Power
01-01-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by 04blackMAX

well if he didnt want his car talked about he never would have entered it in car shows, come on, its a car, so what its smahed up...big deal...cars can be easily replaced

Exactly !!!

DUBBED
01-01-2004, 07:20 PM
WOW!! That's the first I've seen of that, I'm glad the owner is okay. It's kinda sad to see.

kenny
01-01-2004, 07:24 PM
The only reason I didn't post up a thread was so people wouldn't ask me "what happened??". However, here it goes. I got t-boned! haha. I hope that will do for the inquisitive ones out there.

If I wasn't wearing my seatbelt, I probably would be pretty messed up as my car was airborne and spinning. Luckily it landed on its wheels as the top was down.

But... its all over now, the insurance has written my a nice cheque and a new project is already underway. Its only a car :) a damn fuckin' fun car.... but still, just a car haha. I think I'm rambling now so I'll end off by saying Happy New Year!

ShOwOfF
01-01-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by kenny
The only reason I didn't post up a thread was so people wouldn't ask me "what happened??". However, here it goes. I got t-boned! haha. I hope that will do for the inquisitive ones out there.

If I wasn't wearing my seatbelt, I probably would be pretty messed up as my car was airborne and spinning. Luckily it landed on its wheels as the top was down.

But... its all over now, the insurance has written my a nice cheque and a new project is already underway. Its only a car :) a damn fuckin' fun car.... but still, just a car haha. I think I'm rambling now so I'll end off by saying Happy New Year!

Good to see you're safe though!

roopi
01-01-2004, 07:27 PM
and a new project is already underway.

and what might this project be???

gpomp
01-01-2004, 07:27 PM
new project is looking :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ... j-body hit ya right?

euro_racer
01-01-2004, 07:28 PM
yo kenny so sad to hear what happened, can u pm me i got some questions about it, cuz i might wanna put a bid on the car since it is in a public auction.

kenny
01-01-2004, 07:34 PM
i wouldn't buy it. insurance company is not fixing it for a reason.

tegdream
01-01-2004, 07:35 PM
THANKS for clearign that up , makes htings so much easier, no everyon ewill stop asking :)

euro_racer
01-01-2004, 07:37 PM
ya but i was planing to buy it for parts, fix the rims. ur engine seems ok but the belts are broken, just a curiosity, how much did u pay for the mods?

euro_racer
01-01-2004, 07:39 PM
there is nothing wrong with buying it at the auction, i have allready bought there before with no trouble

4wheeldrift
01-01-2004, 07:41 PM
i wouldn't buy it. insurance company is not fixing it for a reason. From the looks of it, the unibody on that car is totally fucked. I doubt they could ever get that thing straight again, and even if they did the structural integrity of the chassis is comprimised. Glad you're ok.

finboy
01-01-2004, 07:52 PM
good to hear your okay

/////AMG
01-01-2004, 08:15 PM
Good to hear your ok man. What happened to the person who T-boned you, are they ok aswell?

nismodrifter
01-01-2004, 08:19 PM
glad to hear you are fine and well Kenny :thumbsup: Looks like the accident was pretty bad.....but good to see you came out of it alright

Can't wait to see what your new car looks like :)

RSRT-4
01-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Yeah Glad to see your ok Kenny Sorry about the car it was a damn nice one can't wait till summer to see what the new ride is :thumbsup:

rage2
01-01-2004, 09:35 PM
yo kenny so sad to hear what happened, can u pm me i got some questions about it, cuz i might wanna put a bid on the car since it is in a public auction.
The body shops quoted it at around $40,000 to $45,000 to fix. If you own a bodyshop, you can probably score parts for around $30,000. $25,000 if you know how to hammer shit back real nice and use a lot of bondo. $20,000 if you can score used parts somewhere.

The major damage is obviously the frame. The way the frame is designed on this car, it's supposedly very easy to replace. You can buy the entire floor/chassis from Mercedes and pop everything in. The roof is still in good shape, still works, just doesn't line up when it goes back up :). The rear suspension is messed up pretty good when the car went airborne due to the wheel spinning into the curb at high speed after the initial impact.

Most of the mods on the car have already been removed prior to returning to insurance/salvage. The only thing remaining are the wheels, and the Laser Jammers (I believe). The 3 wheels shown are pretty scratched up on the inside. The 4th wheel is totally messed up and is inside the trunk hehe.

If you fix the car up, it'll be worth somewhere around $50,000 due to the fact that it's been in a major accident. The car is NOT listed as unrepairable at the auction. It was not repaired because it was not financially fesible for the insurance company to do so with brand new parts.

Hope that helps your decision in making a bid :).

Redlyne_mr2
01-01-2004, 09:43 PM
It would be a great buy for someone with some MB skills who want to convert there 320 or 230

civic_rida
01-01-2004, 10:12 PM
So sad to see a car that nice get so damaged whne its not even the owners fault.

Well at least i dont think it was.

James
01-01-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by MrX
People will always be inquisitive, especially on a forum, so there's no point in saying don't ask. They just need to realize that persistence won't unravel any details of the event as the owner kept the issue private for personal reasons. Either way, knowing the driver came away safe is all I need to know:thumbsup:

:werd:.....although unfortunate for the car, its just a car. good to hear that everyone was ok.

max_boost
01-02-2004, 12:06 AM
I'm pretty sure there are a fair number of forum members including myself who have been involved in an accident of this magnitude. It is not something that you just go and tell everyone, it's not a pleasant experience by any means. I'm just happy that Kenny escaped serious injury!:thumbsup: Can't wait to see the next project!:D

Redlyne_mr2
01-02-2004, 12:14 AM
One of the many bad things about being involved in an accident are the rumors that surface...nothing worse than slimeball people who spread untrue rumors especially if theyre the kind of rumors that can jeopardize the individual involved in the accident

Zephyr
01-02-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
One of the many bad things about being involved in an accident are the rumors that surface...nothing worse than slimeball people who spread untrue rumors especially if theyre the kind of rumors that can jeopardize the individual involved in the accident

yea like adding extra stories that might have caused the person to go out and drive etc. bullshit stuff like that

ZorroAMG
01-02-2004, 12:35 AM
Glad to see you made it out safe and sound Kenny...that's a scary sight.

Dj_Stylz
01-02-2004, 12:37 AM
Sorry to see your car go Kenny. hope your alright man. Cant wait to see the new car

Hakkola
01-02-2004, 01:01 AM
Damn man that sucks, hate to be the person that hit you... Anything of worth left on the car?? I wouldn't mind having an E32 :D If the rims weren't f'd up I'd buy them :(

That was my favorite car, but can't wait to see what you do next. Good to know you're doin alright too man :thumbsup:

rage2
01-02-2004, 01:07 AM
Mechanically, only the suspension is damged. Engine, tranny, diff, all OK. You can pick up full SLK32/C32 drivetrains in the states for around $10k usd ($13k cdn), and I highly doubt you can pick up the entire car at that price.

The only ones that are gonna buy that car are body shops that wanna fix it for themselves.

euro_racer
01-02-2004, 01:20 AM
i think that the insurance wont give the car up for a cheap price as many will offer. instead the car is not gonna get sold right away, and might have to go on sale in edmonton. the same thing happened to a 1995 Rx-7 a year ago on this auction.

xkon
01-02-2004, 01:40 AM
euro_racer, quit whoring!

I didnt even clue in that that was kenny's car :nut:

glad to hear you're okay, and that the physical damage was to the car only!

kenny
01-02-2004, 01:45 AM
My back was pretty messed up for a couple weeks after the accident, so was my neck... I could hardly get out of bed but I'm all healed now (physically anyway) :D

As for the new project, its nothing special and probably wont ever be but it'll be a project I can work on :) I'll be posting the progress under the beyond project cars section soon.

gkAeris
01-02-2004, 01:50 AM
waaaaaaaaaaaa i miss my ride

C4S
01-02-2004, 01:54 AM
Sorry to hear that Kenny:( .. that was a nice and fast car, at least, you are OK .... it is a car ! and it is over, and a NEW YEAR now ! Cheer Up ! :D
So, the car is not as a "written-off" ? even someone buys it, and fix it, it will still show as a "written-off" car, right ? :confused:

Anyway, Happy New Year ! take care.:thumbsup:

bart
01-02-2004, 01:56 AM
My back was pretty messed up for a couple weeks after the accident, so was my neck... I could hardly get out of bed but I'm all healed now (physically anyway) :D

As for the new project, its nothing special and probably wont ever be but it'll be a project I can work on :) I'll be posting the progress under the beyond project cars section soon.

i know what it is! :D

i wont say though, lol.

euro_racer
01-02-2004, 02:06 AM
hey kenny i never intender to reveal a secret, i didnt even know whos car it was, just wanted to know some info in the first place glad u wene not hurt cuz it looks painfull

Toms-Celica
01-02-2004, 02:09 AM

I still owe you a ride in my car :) Im here for you if you need a ride

BigBearWest
01-02-2004, 04:01 AM
I'm glad to hear that you are ok Kenny

/////AMG
01-02-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by C4S
Sorry to hear that Kenny:( .. that was a nice and fast car, at least, you are OK .... it is a car ! and it is over, and a NEW YEAR now ! Cheer Up ! :D
So, the car is not as a "written-off" ? even someone buys it, and fix it, it will still show as a "written-off" car, right ? :confused:

Anyway, Happy New Year ! take care.:thumbsup:

It will show up 'Rebuilt' if someone was to fix it up and start driving it.

C4S
01-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Porsche_944

It will show up 'Rebuilt' if someone was to fix it up and start driving it.

Thx, that is what I am thinking ... sigh .. almost impossible to sell a "Rebuit" Luxury car ....:( :( unless wanna to keep it for long .. but can save tons of money !:eek:

/////AMG
01-02-2004, 05:49 PM
If you are going to buy this SLK. It would be for you only eh, because you won't make money off it, unless you can get really damn good deals on parts.

Good luck to the bidders.

BebeAphrodite
01-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by gkAeris
waaaaaaaaaaaa i miss my ride

HA HA HA
that made me laugh
ha ha ha