PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Mountain Food and Wine Festival

Euro_Trash
10-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Thinking about heading to the Edmonton one next weekend. Are these worth going to? How many tasting tickets should I expect to buy?

bituerbo
10-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Wait for the ones that you don't need tickets for.
There is a co-op one in calgary... Feb or March.

And another in Banff, but I think that's a ways off.

Phenix
10-26-2010, 02:04 PM
I went to the big one in calgary a few years back. not only were the ticket pretty expensive just to get in. then you had to pay millions of dollars for the stupid food tickets. IMO it was a waste of time. I would have easily preferred going to a nice restaurant and getting a good meal. would have been cheaper too

Chester
10-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Its awesome. Gone the past 3 years. This year I spent about 60 bucks on drink tickets and got wasted.:D
By the end of it I still had about 15-20 tickets left. As the night goes on it is a lot easier to talk the girls into giving you free drinks.
The co-op one is called The Grape Escape and it happens in November. I'm pretty sure its sold out already.

Euro_Trash
10-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Were you buying food with that $60 worth of tickets too? Doesn't sound like too bad of a deal

lelalong
10-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Grape Escape is good. There's another one in spring. No food tickets although the type of food is from Coop suppliers not restaurants. The focus is the wine and some beers.

I found Rocky Mountain Food Fest to be extremely busy and is definitely a T and A show on Saturday night. Fine if you're a guy but as a short girl...I didn't fancy the old lady cleavage in my face. The food is good but you probably have to wait in huge lines. You can get super wasted on the many varieties of wine, beer and liquors.