PDA

View Full Version : Potential Club Member

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
10-26-2010, 01:44 PM
So, considering a 2011 Impreza WRX, but considering purchase from the states based ons ignificant price difference.
My question is: Where is the 2011 Impreza WRX Hatch manufactured?
I did some research and I found out that there is 1 Subaru plant in N/A, and that plant only produces two vehicles currently, the Tribeca and Camry.
So where will my new car come from? I'll probably have to order it, so I don't want it coming from Japan because it's just gonna take forever then.
I hate waiting.

benyl
10-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Japan.

ercchry
10-26-2010, 02:08 PM
chances are there is one in your spec in canada already... so when you "order it" they will just ship it over from another city (and probably charge your extra for that luxury too)... it is a subaru, not a lambo... they are not specially building you one at the factory :rofl:

jdmXSI
10-26-2010, 02:31 PM
for the potential to save a couple thousand dollars, its not worth the aggrivation to buy from the US and bring it to Canada. Keep in mind your resale is going to be lower, the 6.1% duty at the border, transportation cost, time off work if your going down to pick it up and having to pay for your warranty up front.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
10-29-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
for the potential to save a couple thousand dollars, its not worth the aggrivation to buy from the US and bring it to Canada. Keep in mind your resale is going to be lower, the 6.1% duty at the border, transportation cost, time off work if your going down to pick it up and having to pay for your warranty up front.

There's about a 10000 dollar difference, I am salaried so time off work is paid, and the warranty transfers over.
The bottom line is that I really just wanna know where the car is manufactured. So far I am led to believe that it is in fact manufactured in the US

benyl
10-29-2010, 10:14 AM
You have been led incorrectly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-SUBARU-IMPREZA-STI-BJV-/160497444874?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item255e64a80a

Look at the VIN.

By the way, the warranty does not transfer over.

It will be honoured, but you have to fork over the cash first and then get reimbursed. That is not the same. If it was transferred over, you shouldn't pay a penny as Subaru Canada would pay.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
10-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Frown.
Guess I'll keep looking. I don't really care where the car comes from, US or Canada, so long as I am able to get one.

That.Guy.S30
10-30-2010, 12:53 AM
imprezas are made in japan. outbacks and tribecas are made in the US factory.

jdmXSI
10-30-2010, 07:05 AM
Just so you know...

Here is a 2011 Subaru STi vin so you can see: JF1GR8H63BL807132

the first character is where the car is manufactured
J= japan
1&4= USA
2= Canada
3= Mexico
W= Germany