PDA

View Full Version : Running a Garage Gas Line

bbrannan
10-27-2010, 11:23 AM
did a quick search and could not find anything..

Anyone had a gas line ran from the house to the garage in anticipation of installing a calcana heater?

I want to install a calcana heater this year but trying to figure out the cost particular to the gas line running.

currently the closest Gas line runs from outside into the basement along the wall shared by the upstairs laundry room and back garage wall.

Brandon

tictactoe2004
10-27-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm in no way affiliated with this guy, but I was looking for the same heater and found this add on kijiji.. he has a website with youtube videos showing off his work but I don't really know enough about this stuff to know if it's good work or not.

I also noticed Calcana is directly selling some refurbished units for up to 25% off, but they don't install them themselves.

If you don't mind, let me know who you end up going with, how the installation goes and what you paid. Maybe you'll find something better than I did.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-services-skilled-trades-CALCANA-40-00btu-GARAGE-HEATER-1850-INSTALLED-W0QQAdIdZ238052402

InRich
10-27-2010, 12:22 PM
its getting late to run a gasline, as you need to go a to a certain depth. So if your gonna do it make sure you do it quickly, ALSO dig your line yourself, dont let em do it for you, just have ANY gas fitter come out and have them tell you how deep and where to dig the hole, and they'll come back and do all the gas work for you.

89coupe
10-27-2010, 01:44 PM
I have a gas line running to my new garage. I believe it was $500 to run it.

Curious to see what others use for heaters.

craigcd
10-27-2010, 03:14 PM
I ran a gasline from my house to the garage and it was also about $500. It took me forever to dig, i think i had to be down 24 inches so im thinking its getting late in the year for digging.

I actually brought the line out from my basement because i didnt have access from my meter- little bit more difficult but wasnt to bad.

I have a Modine Hawt Dog- i would love a Calcanna but this works for now.

CD

autosm
10-28-2010, 10:43 PM
I like how he says the permit is optional.
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-services...QAdIdZ238052402

this is what I am using

http://www.princessauto.com/all-seasons/seasonal/shop-heaters/unit-heaters/8065799-45000-btu-natural-gas-shop-heater

bbrannan
11-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by InRich
its getting late to run a gasline, as you need to go a to a certain depth. So if your gonna do it make sure you do it quickly, ALSO dig your line yourself, dont let em do it for you, just have ANY gas fitter come out and have them tell you how deep and where to dig the hole, and they'll come back and do all the gas work for you.

when i say run a gasline from the house to the garage....my garage is attached.. so it would be a matter of T'ing off in the basement and running up into the garage somehow...im guessing that would be less than $500 if it takes that much to dig one across the yard.