PDA

View Full Version : Cadillac ATS (3-series, A4) fighter spied conducting testing

jwocky
10-28-2010, 09:26 AM
via http://www.atsforums.com

GM has announced this morning its plan to produce the Cadillac ATS at its Grand River Assembly Plant in Lansing, MI and a $190M investment to go along with it.

Good timing then that an early prototype of the Cadillac ATS was just spied. Using a Cadillac CTS body shell for disguise, this ATS rides on the smaller Alpha platform and as clearly seen, the front and rear axles have been moved towards the middle of the chassis on this mule. The fuel filler door has also been moved towards the center by several inches.

Where this car differs from the others already spied is the presence of dual exhaust tailpipes. Previously spotted mules have only had a single exhaust. The dual exhaust likely indicates a 6 cylinder engine under the hood.

Riding on GM's new Alpha chassis, the ATS has been described as a smaller CTS-like vehicle. GM intends it to be a true competitor to the BMW 3-series, Audi A4, and Mercedes Benz C-Class.

Powertrain-wise, the ATS is speculated to get GM's 2.0L turbo-charged 4-cylinder. The 3.0L V6 or the 3.6L V6 (or maybe both) should also find its way into the ATS.

It's also speculated that the Cadillac ATS sedan is slated to start in July of 2012, followed by the coupe in July of 2013. If we had to guess, we'd put the pricing in the high 20's to low-mid 30-thousand range.

Photos:
http://www.atsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?2503-Cadillac-ATS-Test-Car-Spy-Pics

jwocky
10-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Came across some awesome renders.

If the ATS-V looks anything like this, it'll have a shot, styling wise at least.

http://www.atsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?2506-Monaro-s-Cadillac-ATS-coupe-sedan-wagon-ATS-V-renders.-Confirmed-to-be-accurate.

revelations
10-30-2010, 12:38 PM
:thumbsup: GM ... keep cars like this coming out.

01RedDX
10-30-2010, 01:16 PM

Maxx Mazda
10-30-2010, 03:42 PM
I hate convertibles, but that one looks MINT!

RecoilS14
10-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
I hate convertibles, but that one looks MINT!

This.

Also, the wagon looks pretty slick too.

Guillermo
10-30-2010, 07:33 PM
^^yea, i dig the wagon.

MGCM
10-31-2010, 11:16 PM
i got to drive a CTS Coupe last week, it was pretty nice all in all. I really hope they do the ATS Coupe with the 2.0L Turbo engine, all they have to do is boost the power to just over 300hp/tq and they'd be set. Also, hopefully we will start seeing some Coupes with an upgraded Volt powertrain in the near future, over 100MPG with lots of torque and a healthy amount of hp too, I'll take 3 pls :D

94boosted
11-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by jwocky
Came across some awesome renders.

If the ATS-V looks anything like this, it'll have a shot, styling wise at least.

http://www.atsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?2506-Monaro-s-Cadillac-ATS-coupe-sedan-wagon-ATS-V-renders.-Confirmed-to-be-accurate.

God that would be sweet if there was an ATS-V Coupe. The CTS-V undercuts the cost of an M5 by a mile while offering same if not better performance, now if the ATS-V could do the same to an M3. :drool:

FraserB
11-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Do they have any price projections out? This comes out at a perfect time for me, being a new grad this year and all.

98type_r
11-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by FraserB
Do they have any price projections out? This comes out at a perfect time for me, being a new grad this year and all.

Doesn't the new grad promo only last for a year after you graduate?

FraserB
11-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by 98type_r

What new grad promo?:confused:

94boosted
11-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by 98type_r

I think with GM it's actually 3 years :dunno:

Skrilla
11-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted

I think with GM it's actually 3 years :dunno:

It's 4 years on new vehicles, and 6 months on used Optimum Vehicles only.

jwocky
11-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

No price projections but the CTS undercuts the 5-series by a significant amount so expect the ATS to do the same to the 3-series. :thumbsup:

98type_r
11-02-2010, 01:09 PM
I would imagine they'd put it up against the Lincoln mk-z or somewhere in that price range.