PDA

View Full Version : LF:something more steady than current job

ekguy
10-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Well I've been getting the run around for over a month now from a job I've been trying to get so rather than keep trying like some sort of moron I'm gonna start looking elsewhere.

I've been serving for a couple years in a lot of different restaurants so my customer service skills are very decent. I have lot's of technical and customer service experience as well. The job I was applying for was for customer service but, like I said, I keep getting the run around.

I am just looking to get out of the serving type jobs since my ankle is not holding up as well as it used to.

Also have management experience. Anyone know of anywhere hiring???

ekguy
10-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Also have some sales experience. So sales, customer service, or technical assistance are all things I could do...

I know I probably won't get any replies on here but if anyone knows of any place hiring any heads up will be appreciated.

(side note: I am currently looking on my own as well, just figured i'd ask on here since I can't possibly know of every place that is hiring)

Zewind
10-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Pm'd

ekguy
10-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks man. I'll let ya know soon here.

GQNammer
10-29-2010, 11:57 AM
If you're looking for a job just to get you by that involves customer service and get to sit all day, I suggest any sort of call center. The pay is decent and increases quite quickly.

If you're looking for something that may turn into some sort of career, try applying at a bank. Just keep in mind that a bank is still a business, and sales come first then comes customer service. If you got the knack for it, you'll move up pretty quickly.

I personally know somebody who went straight out of high school, started a job at a bank at an entry level position, and he's currently a top tiered personal banker (the location he works at has 3 tiers for each position). And there's still room for him to move up if he chooses to take some extra courses which would lead him to a Personal Investment Adviser and/or a Financial Planner (big bucks here)

Hope this helps. And banks are ALWAYS hiring entry level positions because the turnover rate is huge.

ekguy
10-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the advice keep it coming. I'm looking for more of a temporary type job, one to two years but if I see something that I'm able to turn into a career then I will. I am going back to school in electrical engineering in the next 2 to 3 years so a company along those lines would be amazing even if it's a really entry level job.

I just want a job I can work lot's of hours and work my ass off for. I'm sick of being in debt and I have two acuras that could both use some love. So I'm open to anything.

Just as a p.s. though. My last job (one I have a reference from) I called in sick literally once and it was for a broken shoulder. In 7 months I did not miss one day of work and was half an hour to forty five minutes early for every shift. I'm a hard worker, I just need a place to work hard for.

revelations
10-29-2010, 09:01 PM
^ I was going to suggest applying to Enmax or the City, but you sound like someone who wouldnt like to languish in a union too long.

ekguy
10-30-2010, 10:35 AM
No I hate unionized jobs. I'm still looking. Not too worried about it. I'm never jobless for long.

Guillermo
10-31-2010, 10:55 PM
why are you delaying school? do it now and put yourself 2 years ahead of plan. :dunno:

ekguy
11-01-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm delaying school because the course I'm taking is in New Brunswick and because of certain family obligations I have to stay in Calgary until my parents move back to New Brunswick.

My dad is very sick and my mom is also having some health issues starting so I am staying behind to help them.

ekguy
11-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Close it up!!! Thanks to a fellow beyonder I am starting a 9 to 5 gig today. Monday to friday.

Woot!!!!

:poosie: ;) :D

kaput
11-13-2010, 11:10 AM

Masked Bandit
11-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
Close it up!!! Thanks to a fellow beyonder I am starting a 9 to 5 gig today. Monday to friday.

Woot!!!!

:poosie: ;) :D

So what did you end up finding?

ekguy
11-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Working in a printing shop. It's not the best salary but it's 9 to 6 monday to friday which is gonna make everything else in my life 150% easier. Plus weekends off :poosie: :D