PDA

View Full Version : fainting goat kittens :(

nismo_fan
10-28-2010, 06:47 PM
9CC_9aFuEkA

this is the saddest thing i've watched in a while.

*COPIED FROM YOUTUBE PAGE*
charlie and spike are two kittens with myotonia congenita, otherwise known as 'fainting goat' syndrome. at the slightest sound, the kittens respond by collapsing and falling into a rigid paralysis which lasts about a minute before they return to normal. This condition has hardly ever before been diagnosed in a cat, is rarely found in dogs and is more common in goats. The kittens are able to walk, but they cannot run or jump. aside from this they are normal. sad to report that the black and white kitten (spike) died on 27th october from respiratory failure. thanks for all the kind messages. comments enabled once again as duplicate videos are appearing. this is the original.
*END COPY*

if you read through all the stuff, unfortunately both kittens have now passed on due to complications with this disease.

because i don't see the video, here's just a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CC_9aFuEkA

Jeremiah
10-28-2010, 06:55 PM
That was sad as fuck. But I laffed hard

Awd-Tsi
10-28-2010, 07:04 PM
:(

Tik-Tok
10-28-2010, 07:05 PM
:rofl: :D :) :( :cry:

cycosis
10-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Youd think they wouldnt put them together as they are clearly setting eachother off. poor kitties but I still :rofl: when the hind paws would cross

EvolutionI
10-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Poor kittens :( Cutest thing I've seen in a while.

Awd-Tsi
10-28-2010, 09:12 PM
thats like the opposite of my cat, when i bump the gangsta beats she gets her lean on

Jetta-2.0
10-29-2010, 01:07 AM
lol its sad but funny but more sad, umm but when one falls the other follows :S

Renagades
10-29-2010, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
:rofl: :D :) :( :cry:

+1

Shogged
10-29-2010, 02:03 AM
jesus, hard not to kinda laugh at that but holy shit do you feel bad after.

syritis
10-29-2010, 02:42 AM
saddest thing i've seen in a while.

Tarrantula
10-29-2010, 07:46 AM
:(

This is sad.. they cant even run or jump! What kind of kitty life is that!?

Skrilla
10-29-2010, 08:21 AM
that's some depressing shit.....I like how they try to get the cat to play with a bell...:thumbsdow

Kloubek
10-29-2010, 08:32 AM
It's a hoax. They are injecting these poor animals with paralasis-enducing chemicals, then filming it for kicks.

Bastards.

(Ok... not really)

95EG6P
10-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Oh man that was so sad hope they are better in kitty afterlife

calgary403
10-29-2010, 01:50 PM
From what I've been able to find online the condition gets alot better as they get older. They will just tense up instead of randomly collapsing. But that still sucks those kittens are too damn cute.

spikerS
10-29-2010, 04:19 PM
i am so going to hell. I laughed so hard, wife wondered what was so funny, showed her the video, she read the note and promptly slapped the back of my head, which only caused me to laugh harder.

syritis
10-29-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by calgary403
From what I've been able to find online the condition gets alot better as they get older. They will just tense up instead of randomly collapsing. But that still sucks those kittens are too damn cute.

i was thinking the same thing, older cats wouldn't be so easily scared either, if the conditions becomes lessen then that even better.

RIP to the little guys.

03ozwhip
10-30-2010, 08:54 AM
not funny for me. but what is funny is my buddy has a friend (i never met him) that faints anytime someone yells or fights. he gets so worked up that he faints. crazy stuff. "no no stop yel..." *faint* lol hahaha

Seth1968
10-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Anyone else notice that when they're together, one will fall over and then the other immediately after?

It's like, "Bro just fell over! I'll do the same so he doesn't feel so bad".

big A
10-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
not funny for me. but what is funny is my buddy has a friend (i never met him) that faints anytime someone yells or fights. he gets so worked up that he faints. crazy stuff. "no no stop yel..." *faint* lol hahaha

You gotta get that on video.
Should be easy, pick up friend of friend, look for tricked out Armada, follow into parking lot.

Awd-Tsi
10-30-2010, 11:51 AM
People who I showed this video lolled hard until I showed them the description...

BigDannyCool
10-30-2010, 12:12 PM
the other cat is alive and will be getting treatment for his condition

Onassis
10-30-2010, 09:42 PM
You would think that the owners wouldn't try to scare or startle them knowing that the cats had this condition.

syritis
10-31-2010, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Onassis
You would think that the owners wouldn't try to scare or startle them knowing that the cats had this condition.

depends on what the owner think they know of the condition. I know with goats it's for the most part safe. and i always wondered if the conditions had varying levels of a paralysis with this fear in mind.

Dumbass17
10-31-2010, 01:25 AM
it's only sad cause they're kittens

once a kitten becomes a cat they all turn into annoying, pissy assholes.

i like kittens
i hate cats

Unknown303
10-31-2010, 05:47 AM
A little piece of me died inside from watching that. :cry:

b_t
10-31-2010, 08:00 AM
both of the kitties have died now :(

C_Dave45
10-31-2010, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by spikers
i am so going to hell. I laughed so hard, wife wondered what was so funny, showed her the video, she read the note and promptly slapped the back of my head, which only caused me to laugh harder.

HAHAHAHAHA I did the same thing!!!! I've developed a callous on the back of my head from all this kind of laughing.

03ozwhip
10-31-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17

i like kittens
i hate cats :werd: i have 2 cats. i hate them. they were cool, not anymore theyre both fags and they piss me off. mostly since i had my kid its been worse. also to the other guy, i cant record it, hes in the phillipines...otherwise id be doing it to him everyday.

Dumbass17
10-31-2010, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
:werd: i have 2 cats. i hate them. they were cool, not anymore theyre both fags and they piss me off. mostly since i had my kid its been worse. also to the other guy, i cant record it, hes in the phillipines...otherwise id be doing it to him everyday.

haha i laughed at "theyre both fags" hahaha

Graham_A_M
10-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17

i like kittens
i hate cats

:rolleyes:
Really? you should meet my two cats. Im sure you'd fall in love with them, they just love human attention & love to be around people.

I've always found pets to be symbolic of their owners. Those that hate people (etc) seem to mimic their owners quite appropriately.

almerick
10-31-2010, 11:50 PM
Sad :cry: RIP kittens

Side note: the person who created the video doesn't know french. It's la not le.

JordanLotoski
10-31-2010, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by spikers

Wow exact same thing happened to me....wife and all

Dumbass17
11-02-2010, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

:rolleyes:
Really? you should meet my two cats. Im sure you'd fall in love with them, they just love human attention & love to be around people.

I've always found pets to be symbolic of their owners. Those that hate people (etc) seem to mimic their owners quite appropriately.

yup really.
i love animals and animals usually take to me right off the bat. like i'll meet someones pet and it will just want to be around me all the time.
but i just find the majority of cats to be tempermental assholes. they're always looking at me with those judgemental/hateful eyes
also, quit fuckin meowing while i'm feeding you, you moran. you're seriously only 2 inches away from the dish while i'm scooping the food out of the tin. hold your horses, puss-in-boots, you'll get your stupid awesome smelling food in a second. golly!