PDA

View Full Version : Woman Kills Child for Interrupting Farmville

LadyLuck
10-28-2010, 09:48 PM
UN-F*CKING BELIEVABLE!!!!

The Florida Times-Union reports that 22-year-old Alexandra Tobias Wednesday pleaded guilty to killing her 3-month-old son, Dylan Lee, after he interrupted her game of Farmville. Tobias told investigators that she became angry with the little boy for crying while she was trying to play the browser-based social networking game. Tobias said she shook the baby before smoking a cigarette in an effort to compose herself. She then shook the baby again. Alexandra claims Dylan may have hit his head during the shaking. The death has been classed as second-degree murder, a charge that carries a punishment of up to life in prison. However, the Florida Times-Union cites prosecutor Richard Mantei who said Tobias' sentence could be less because of state guidelines that call for 25 to 50 years. Tobias will be sentenced in December of this year.

SOURCE (http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Alexandra-Tobias-Farmville-Guilty-Jacksonville-Florida-facebook,news-8512.html)

StreetRacerX
10-28-2010, 09:51 PM
I hope she gets 50.

Melinda
10-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Wow. That's addiction at it's finest. RIP little guy :(

derpderp
10-28-2010, 10:24 PM
:banghead: :banghead:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Fuck Farmville, now its taken a life!

Guillermo
10-28-2010, 10:36 PM
wut is farmville?

Redlyne_mr2
10-28-2010, 10:36 PM
I know someone who's marriage might end because of farmville.

broken_legs
10-28-2010, 10:40 PM
fuck farmville. RIP little one

4lti
10-28-2010, 10:43 PM
Thats so messed up..
Straight addiction. Shows that you can be addicted to anything; not just drugs.

ericchoweg
10-28-2010, 10:47 PM
holy shit maybe i need to get off car town now

mazdavirgin
10-28-2010, 10:55 PM
The thing that makes me laugh is people are up in arms about this one and asking for the book to be thrown at her yet if this happened in Canada I guarantee she wouldn't see a day in jail. It would simply be classed as infanticide and she would be out on bail.

Just look back at how people were backing up the mother in this previous thread(http://forums.beyond.ca/st/318788/baby-found-in-dumpster-in-nw/) it's the same old story. The women are "fragile victims of their hormones"...

In 2009, Texas state representative Jessica Farrar proposed legislation that would define infanticide as a distinct and lesser crime than homicide.[98] Under the terms of the proposed legislation, if jurors concluded that a mother's "judgment was impaired as a result of the effects of giving birth or the effects of lactation following the birth," they would be allowed to convict her of the crime of infanticide, rather than murder.[99] The maximum penalty for infanciticide would be two years in prison.[

Not too worry more slaps on the wrist will follow once they get their legislation passed :P

Zephyr
10-28-2010, 11:07 PM
What's sad is that this is what Zynga's founder and CEO wants. Addiction that won't stop.

derpderp
10-29-2010, 12:21 AM
lol what is even addicting about farmville, you put down some plants and whatever then they grow, it takes a few hours to a few days for the crops of animals to mature for havesting, so inbetween that time period there isn't much else you can do....:dunno:

It is like being addicted to watching grass grow.

GenerationX
10-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by derpderp
lol what is even addicting about farmville, you put down some plants and whatever then they grow, it takes a few hours to a few days for the crops of animals to mature for havesting, so inbetween that time period there isn't much else you can do....:dunno:

It is like being addicted to watching grass grow.
:werd: I accepted one invite, didn't even grow anything and gave up.

m10-power
10-29-2010, 12:46 AM
You know you a loser when...

syritis
10-29-2010, 02:34 AM
This is why i believe people should be castrated at birth and once they've proven themselves to be capable (financial and emotional) of raising another life they'll do so by artificial insemination.
sounds harsh but eventually it will be the only population control when earth reaches it limits of how much life it can support.

GTS4tw
10-29-2010, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by syritis
This is why i believe people should be castrated at birth and once they've proven themselves to be capable (financial and emotional) of raising another life they'll do so by artificial insemination.
sounds harsh but eventually it will be the only population control when earth reaches it limits of how much life it can support.

I like this idea, but who would get to choose when you have proven yourself capable?

Benny
10-29-2010, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by GTS4tw

I like this idea, but who would get to choose when you have proven yourself capable?

I bet if something like that ever came about it would be like getting a learner's permit at a registry. Read a book telling you all the answers, go in, pay your $15, write the test, pass means you can get pregnant while fail means you have to pay your $15 the next day and take another crack at her.

Melinda
10-29-2010, 09:21 AM
:facepalm: Artificial Insemination costs $15,000+ PER TRY. It often doesn't work on the first try and is BRUTAL on a woman's body. All kinds of terrible artificial hormones and manipulation of the reproductive system. You going to foot that cost, plus the cost for "castration"? And then when you finally find a woman to love for the rest of your life, you're going to force her to put herself through that all for the sake of someone else being able to tell people who can and can't reproduce?

Dear God, think of the people you know. How many of them came from bad/dysfunctional parents but yet are still amazing and successful people? Both of my parents fall into that category. If the world played by your rules, a lot of great people in this world wouldn't exist. And financially stable before having kids? HA! What does that even mean? No one is ever financially stable. And if that was a requirement, we would have a lot more 40+ year old first time parents, NOT a good idea for society in general. I was born into a pretty poor family, so was my husband. Now both sets of our parents are successful and we are too. Financially stable is a ridiculous "requirement" to be ready for children.

Not to mention the only effective way of castration for both sexes would actually make having biologicial children impossible, unless every kid was born from popsicle eggs and sperm that had been frozen for 20+ years (well, eggs at least, since male sperm isn't mature enough to reproduce at birth)

And how about all of those amazing couples who would be the best parents in the world who can't have children? IVF isn't an option for everyone and infertility effects 1 in 6 couples in North America.

What happened to this little guy is 100% uncalled for, appalling and unbelievably sad. But you really think one (or a few if you bring up other cases) mentally sick mother should mean everyone is castrated at birth? Give your head a shake.

Kennyredline
10-29-2010, 12:48 PM
The worst thing about it all is when she's in prison, she'll be given computer privileges, where she'll be playing Farmville..... :facepalm:

clem24
10-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Obviously more people on this thread who does not have kids. This case is definitely not the same as the one with the woman dumping her baby in the dumpster... This Farmville woman is obviously mentally unfit.

But having said that, with 2 very young kids at home now, I actually can finally understand what drives people to do these kinds of things. Is it right? Of course not. She should have the book thrown at her for sure. But I can totally understand the frustration that these people go through.

Before, I could never understand what could drive someone to shake their own baby to death, but now, I can totally see it. Lose your patience and your cool, and if you're just slightly mentally not there to begin with, a crying baby that just won't stop can easily drive someone over the edge. But still, I have no sympathy for this woman. If her baby was crying and you're so frustrated that you can't deal with them without thoughts of wringing their neck, just put them in a safe place, shut the door, go somewhere and vent, and just let them cry it out. No baby has ever died from crying.

RIP little guy.

joker
10-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by clem24
Obviously more people on this thread who does not have kids. This case is definitely not the same as the one with the woman dumping her baby in the dumpster... This Farmville woman is obviously mentally unfit.

But having said that, with 2 very young kids at home now, I actually can finally understand what drives people to do these kinds of things. Is it right? Of course not. She should have the book thrown at her for sure. But I can totally understand the frustration that these people go through.

Before, I could never understand what could drive someone to shake their own baby to death, but now, I can totally see it. Lose your patience and your cool, and if you're just slightly mentally not there to begin with, a crying baby that just won't stop can easily drive someone over the edge. But still, I have no sympathy for this woman. If her baby was crying and you're so frustrated that you can't deal with them without thoughts of wringing their neck, just put them in a safe place, shut the door, go somewhere and vent, and just let them cry it out. No baby has ever died from crying.

RIP little guy.

I totally disagree, now that I have a dughter I cannt even begin to fathom the idea of causing her harm. Yes I have had frustrations but not a chance in hell would I ever consider taking my frustrations out on her whether she caused it or not.

Rui M
10-29-2010, 03:47 PM

couldn't agree with you more, my parents were complete losers.

ipeefreely
10-29-2010, 03:48 PM
She'll probably sue Facebook after and win!:nut:

syritis
10-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

:facepalm: Artificial Insemination costs $15,000+ PER TRY. It often doesn't work on the first try and is BRUTAL on a woman's body. All kinds of terrible artificial hormones and manipulation of the reproductive system. You going to foot that cost, plus the cost for "castration"? And then when you finally find a woman to love for the rest of your life, you're going to force her to put herself through that all for the sake of someone else being able to tell people who can and can't reproduce?

also why i believe this won't happen anytime soon, more like when when earth is at a population level of 15billion and the earth can't support anymore life. many years down the road when more thought and research has been put into the subject.

Dear God, think of the people you know. How many of them came from bad/dysfunctional parents but yet are still amazing and successful people? Both of my parents fall into that category. If the world played by your rules, a lot of great people in this world wouldn't exist.

so a couple hundred miracle cases wouldn't exists? I'm fine with that knowing that millions of kids aren't suffering through starvation, disease, abandonment and victims of incapable parents, none of which the kids did anything to deserve

And how about all of those amazing couples who would be the best parents in the world who can't have children? IVF isn't an option for everyone and infertility effects 1 in 6 couples in North America.

if your infertile wouldn't that mean your genes aren't the greatest to pass on? those couple would to have to work hard to afford and deserve either to be inseminated with someone else's (healthy) fertilized egg or pay for someone else to have your baby. IIRC this already happens widely across the world to deserving infertile couples.

What happened to this little guy is 100% uncalled for, appalling and unbelievably sad. But you really think one (or a few if you bring up other cases) mentally sick mother should mean everyone is castrated at birth? Give your head a shake.

I wouldn't limit rejecting of the right to reproduce to just mentally sick mothers. i would include families with a history of diseases and mental illnesses

that being said I'm no university professor, psychiatrist, doctor or scientist, so i wouldn't put myself on the committee of "licensing" couples to have children.

abyss
10-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by clem24

RIP little guy.

Totally agree with your entire post. It's a lot easier to judge parents like this when you only have one sentence out of their entire novel worth of experiences.

I can remember during our prenatal classes they played a baby crying (hard crying, I've only heard my son cry like that 3 times in his 2 years of life) and it was one minute long. People were squirming in their chairs after about 4 seconds. It was painful to listen to that whole minute, my chest tightened up and I couldn't breathe. People who have babies with colic have to listen to HOURS of that with no breaks. Then be up all night and still be expected to do it all again the next day.

I also realized WHY sleep deprivation is such an effective torture after having my son. There is nothing that will break your psyche better than having 10 straight months of being up 5 times or more per night and still being expected to properly function in normal society.

abyss
10-29-2010, 04:49 PM

if your infertile wouldn't that mean your genes aren't the greatest to pass on? those couple would to have to work hard to afford and deserve either to be inseminated with someone else's (healthy) fertilized egg or pay for someone else to have your baby. IIRC this already happens widely across the world to deserving infertile couples.

Holy fuck. Good to know infertiles who don't work hard enough to afford dropping $30000 on a CHANCE at a baby are undeserving of parenthood in your eyes. Christ I don't even know why I'm bothering to respond to something so fucking ridiculous.

Oh, and just to clarify so your argument doesn't sound more ridiculous than it already is, you inseminate with sperm, not fertilized eggs (AKA blastocysts, or further along, embryos). Embryos are transferred.

that being said I'm no university professor, psychiatrist, doctor or scientist, so i wouldn't put myself on the committee of "licensing" couples to have children.

Thank god for small miracles.

syritis
10-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Melinda, I know what i'm saying sounds really mean and unjust but think of this on a global scale.

disease and famine and killing thousands of people every day. depression is on the rise in alarming rates and people worry more about not getting sick instead of how to enjoy their lives.

IMHO my idea (which has actually come from a couple movies) is a more humane solution then just letting people die slowly.

I know how hard it would be to be told you weren't approved to reproduce. or to to be told "you will be great parents but due to your genealogy we can't allow you to reproduce. these eggs here are very similar to yours you may be fertilized with them instead" a hard pill to swallow but devoted parents would do it.

i find many parents these days have kids b/c everyone else is doing it, not cuz they really and truly want to devote their lives to raising another.

syritis
10-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by abyss

Holy fuck. Good to know infertiles who don't work hard enough to afford dropping $30000 on a CHANCE at a baby are undeserving of parenthood in your eyes. Christ I don't even know why I'm bothering to respond to something so fucking ridiculous.

not being able to afford and being undeserving are two different things.

6 or 7 days of the week i work very hard. I may deserve a farrari, but i can't afford it. see the difference?

and yes the price is huge, I get that, but if a couple can afford it, then they can also afford car seats, diapers, medical expenses, nanny/day care. so being able to afford the procedure also means the couple is financially capable of fully supporting and raising an infant. instead of what you see today.

abyss
10-29-2010, 05:36 PM

not being able to afford and being undeserving are two different things.

6 or 7 days of the week i work very hard. I may deserve a farrari, but i can't afford it. see the difference?

and yes the price is huge, I get that, but if a couple can afford it, then they can also afford car seats, diapers, medical expenses, nanny/day care. so being able to afford the procedure also means the couple is financially capable of fully supporting and raising an infant. instead of what you see today.

Your wording was ambiguous then. You posted work hard and then deserve the chance to carry someone else's embryo. Not even your own mind you. Ridiculous.

I also would like to believe that you have NO fucking idea about children if you're comparing it to owning a fucking Ferrari. In the world of IVF, it would be like paying the price tag for the Ferrari and being put in a lottery with 6 other people for the chance to own it. What's even worse is that one of those people will get to own it only for a little bit, maybe a couple weeks, then they'll have to give it back. Even after paying all that money.

So only wealthy infertiles should have the right at the chance to bear children? This is just getting better and better. You're going to have to come up with better reasons than car seats and medical care. I can assure you that the entire world population would die off in one generation if you thought everyone had to have an extra $30000 (or more) set aside for the chance at each kid.

Want to fix the world? Education.

Educate third world countries (and the southern US) about birth control, and give them access to it for incredibly cheap or free. Make adoption easier and cheaper. Problem solved.

However, now that we have all these educated people who aren't having kids our economy can't sustain itself. damn.

Melinda
10-29-2010, 06:33 PM
My jaw is literally on the floor right now.

Clem, you = awesome

Abyss, you know this already but I'm with you 1,000,000%

derpderp
10-29-2010, 06:35 PM
Why are people always so quick to defend baby killers? I get people go through shit when they first have a child, especially women and I understand that.

If my neighbors were noisy and the police/landlord didn't do anything and I was tired/stressed out and angry due to it so I went next store beat them up and they died do you think I suddenly deserve sympathy? Something fucked up in your head if you're dumb enough to shake a baby.

Melinda
10-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by derpderp
Why are people always so quick to defend baby killers? I get people go through shit when they first have a child, especially women and I understand that.

If my neighbors were noisy and the police/landlord didn't do anything and I was tired/stressed out and angry due to it so I went next store beat them up and they died do you think I suddenly deserve sympathy? Something fucked up in your head if you're dumb enough to shake a baby.
SO not the same thing.

And no one is defending this woman. Everyone has said that this was terrible and unjustified. Understanding the reason behind something doesn't mean we agree with it or think it's right.

Melinda
10-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Alright, I'm home now so I can actually sit down and respond to you.

so a couple hundred miracle cases wouldn't exists? I'm fine with that knowing that millions of kids aren't suffering through starvation, disease, abandonment and victims of incapable parents, none of which the kids did anything to deserve
A couple hundred? LOL. Out of those in my immediate family (parents, brother and husband, 3 out of the 6 of are so called "miracle cases"). Well, all of us are actually, if your "financially stable" clause is still in place. I'm sure only a few hundred people had bad parents, poor parents, etc. and come out of it happy well adjusted successful people vs the obvious MILLIONS that are abused and neglected to the point that they should never have been born :facepalm:

if your infertile wouldn't that mean your genes aren't the greatest to pass on?
WOW. Please stop talking until you know what you're talking about. 99% of infertility issues have NOTHING to do with genetics. Of the ones that do, most of those have nothing to do with making healthy babies, only with being able to make babies at all.

I wouldn't limit rejecting of the right to reproduce to just mentally sick mothers. i would include families with a history of diseases and mental illnesses
Uh huh. So my dad's family has a huge history of diabetes. My mom's family has a huge history of cancer. Does that mean I shouldn't have been born?

I would, by your standards, be considered a mentally sick mother AND someone with mental illness. I suffered with post partum depression after my son was born for a little over 16 months and at 24 weeks pregnant, was re-diagnosed with it for my current pregnancy. I also have obsessive complusive disorder that dominates a huge chunk of my life every single day. I work my ass off to give my son everything he needs to be as happy and healthy as can be, even on my bad days. My son is an incredibly happy, healthy and smart two year old. Should he have never been born because I have OCD and PPD? Should I not be pregnant with this little girl I'm carrying? You can say based on two criteria that I'm such an unfit mother without even knowing me?

What Abyss said.

Melinda, I know what i'm saying sounds really mean and unjust but think of this on a global scale.

disease and famine and killing thousands of people every day.
Blame that on lack of education and the world's inability to take care of the people in it, not on the wrong people's "right" to reproduce.

depression is on the rise in alarming rates and people worry more about not getting sick instead of how to enjoy their lives.

So that means because someone worries about being sick or has depression issues they shouldn't be allowed to have children? Wow. You've obviously been living with your head in the sand your whole life or you're 16 years old. Which one applies to you?

IMHO my idea (which has actually come from a couple movies) is a more humane solution then just letting people die slowly.

Haha movies have told me that the world will be killed off by zombies, aliens will take over earth and make us their slaves and that a group of 4 guys can shoot lazers at ghosts and force them into a trap, forever ridding earth of being haunted. With that being said I'm certainly not changing my beliefs on the world to start thinking that's the way we should be or will be.

I know how hard it would be to be told you weren't approved to reproduce.
No, you don't. You won't ever know unless it happens to you. Saying you understand is one of the most offensive things you have said in this thread. You should sit down and hear the story of someone who has heard those words. See the pain in their eyes, the tears on their cheeks and the devistation in their entire being. I wouldn't wish that fate on any person in the world. But if you someday end up falling into the 1 in 6 statistic of people who are affected by some kind of infertility, I hope you can facepalm yourself and realize how offensive you're being right now. I hope if you do fall into that 1 in 6 statistic something can be done to give you what you will want most in your life, to bring a child into your family and love them for the rest of their life.

these eggs here are very similar to yours you may be fertilized with them instead" a hard pill to swallow but devoted parents would do it.
:facepalm: Learn more, then speak.

HiTempguy1
10-30-2010, 09:32 AM

SO not the same thing.

Uh, really? Someone is in an unstable state and kills someone. Just because you are a new mother gives you more of a right to kill your offspring and only be handed a ridiculous sentence for KILLING someone?

Fuck, you people are :nut:

Melinda
10-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Uh, really? Someone is in an unstable state and kills someone. Just because you are a new mother gives you more of a right to kill your offspring and only be handed a ridiculous sentence for KILLING someone?

Fuck, you people are :nut:
Who said anything about it being her "right"? As I said in a previous post, understanding why and actually condoning it are two ENTIRELY different things.

And going postal on an annoying neighbour vs the emotions that come along with a massive hormone change 1,000,000% out of a woman's control is definitely not the same thing.

Freeskier
10-30-2010, 06:03 PM
Everything

+1

syritis
10-31-2010, 01:01 AM

No, you don't. You won't ever know unless it happens to you. Saying you understand is one of the most offensive things you have said in this thread. You should sit down and hear the story of someone who has heard those words. See the pain in their eyes, the tears on their cheeks and the devistation in their entire being. I wouldn't wish that fate on any person in the world. But if you someday end up falling into the 1 in 6 statistic of people who are affected by some kind of infertility, I hope you can facepalm yourself and realize how offensive you're being right now. I hope if you do fall into that 1 in 6 statistic something can be done to give you what you will want most in your life, to bring a child into your family and love them for the rest of their life.

:facepalm: Learn more, then speak.

lol I did have to make that decision, the medication that is keeping me alive has a rapidly increasing rate of causing sterility. I guess you think that is everything i deserve. or maybe I had the unselfish sense not to bring another life into this world that has a very high chance of being stricken with disease. that's not an easy thing to do only being 22 at the time and everyone saying i'd be the perfect father. NOT EASY

I know the idea is radically liberal and unfair but like i said IMHO when people in first world countries are dying from starvation b/c the food is simply unavailable, something this drastic will have to be implemented to control the population.

and I know i don't understand every detail about what i'm saying. b/c i know this won't happen in our lifetime and i'm not a doctor. --->just my opinion<---

syritis
10-31-2010, 05:48 AM
I would, by your standards, be considered a mentally sick mother AND someone with mental illness. I suffered with post partum depression after my son was born for a little over 16 months and at 24 weeks pregnant, was re-diagnosed with it for my current pregnancy. I also have obsessive complusive disorder that dominates a huge chunk of my life every single day.

PPD is caused by pregnancy and to my knowledge has a very minor short term effect with the proper treatment
OCD is also not life threatening and does little other then have occasional repercussions on the overall happiness of the person.
IMO the OCD depending on the severity may sway my opinion but at first glance I would not says these would make you unqualified to be a mother.

even depression (based on the severity) i wouldn't claim to cause parents to be unfit, that comment was to refer that the general standard of life is slipping from what could be any number of causes but i'm sure seeing depressing headlines such as this one day in and day out isn't making anyone's outlook on society anymore positive.
A mental illnesses that I would deem unsafe parent material would be something like Schizophrenia.

I work my ass off to give my son everything he needs to be as happy and healthy as can be, even on my bad days. My son is an incredibly happy, healthy and smart two year old.

IMO putting you child's well being above your own, make you very deserving to be a mother.

syritis
10-31-2010, 05:55 AM

Want to fix the world? Education.

Educate third world countries (and the southern US) about birth control, and give them access to it for incredibly cheap or free. Make adoption easier and cheaper. Problem solved.

so you would consider a mother that tosses her baby in dumpster, or one that shakes he baby to death to be uneducated???

while i don't disagree that education helps, i just believe that if it wasn't so easy to get pregnant, there would be less accidental parents and more devoted parents.

Unknown303
10-31-2010, 05:58 AM

lol I did have to make that decision, the medication that is keeping me alive has a rapidly increasing rate of causing sterility. I guess you think that is everything i deserve. or maybe I had the unselfish sense not to bring another life into this world that has a very high chance of being stricken with disease. that's not an easy thing to do only being 22 at the time and everyone saying i'd be the perfect father. NOT EASY

I know the idea is radically liberal and unfair but like i said IMHO when people in first world countries are dying from starvation b/c the food is simply unavailable, something this drastic will have to be implemented to control the population.

and I know i don't understand every detail about what i'm saying. b/c i know this won't happen in our lifetime and i'm not a doctor. ---&gt;just my opinion&lt;---

Their lack of food is actually controlling the population issue in most third world countries. But bleeding hearts want to save every person on this earth and that's just not feasible.

abyss
10-31-2010, 12:41 PM

so you would consider a mother that tosses her baby in dumpster, or one that shakes he baby to death to be uneducated???

while i don't disagree that education helps, i just believe that if it wasn't so easy to get pregnant, there would be less accidental parents and more devoted parents.

Um, yeah, I would consider them uneducated. Uneducated about birth control, uneducated about the symptoms of pregnancy, uneducated about the options available to them for proper postnatal care. Neither of those situations would have been nearly as likely with HELP provided to the mothers in the form of prenatal education and post natal checkups/interventions for high risk mothers. If you are aware of your options you're a lot more likely to utilize them.

Yeah, the one thing I learned after leaving school is actually how HARD it is to get pregnant and stay pregnant. But that's also cause I got the shit end of the stick with regard to that. If there was a proper sex education mandate in place all over the world and free (or almost free) access to birth control there would be a HELL of a lot less accidental parents.

Wakalimasu
11-01-2010, 01:54 AM
which reminds me.. i need to go harvest my blueberries..

911fever
11-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
I know someone who's marriage might end because of farmville.

wtf how?!?

in*10*se
11-01-2010, 09:52 AM
has anyone never heard of WoW or diablo 2 or SC2? shit's addicting as hell. not that i'm condoning it, but as most beyonders have played one of those games before. It's not a far cry to see this extreme happen. Like people have dropped out of school over video games, ended relationships... only a matter of time before someone would get killed over it.... sad to say... but its the reality of human nature?:dunno:

GQNammer
11-01-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm not seeing how people can even say, "I can understand why she did it."

Yes I have a child

She's almost 4 years old

Not once have I had the thought of shaking her.

I was addicted to WoW. She's interrupted from me playing it many times, do I cause any physical harm to her? Not once. Didn't even think about it. This fucking cunt bitch shook her baby, went out to have a smoke to calm herself down, came back in and shook her baby again. What the flying fuck.

abyss
11-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by GQNammer
I'm not seeing how people can even say, &quot;I can understand why she did it.&quot;

Yes I have a child

She's almost 4 years old

Not once have I had the thought of shaking her.

I was addicted to WoW. She's interrupted from me playing it many times, do I cause any physical harm to her? Not once. Didn't even think about it. This fucking cunt bitch shook her baby, went out to have a smoke to calm herself down, came back in and shook her baby again. What the flying fuck.

Wow, I'm always in awe of stay at home dads who've done the majority of child rearing by themselves since their babies were infants. Good for you, it's a tough job! I don't know how you found the time to be addicted to WoW while still having to attend to your infant daughter's every need, but either way, I'm impressed!

GQNammer
11-01-2010, 01:35 PM

Wow, I'm always in awe of stay at home dads who've done the majority of child rearing by themselves since their babies were infants. Good for you, it's a tough job! I don't know how you found the time to be addicted to WoW while still having to attend to your infant daughter's every need, but either way, I'm impressed!

Good thing I brought my sarcasm meter with me to work today.

No, I'm not a stay at home dad. My wife on the other hand was a stay home home mother for the first 2 years of my daughter's life and is now attended full time school + taking care of our daughter.

I got 2 jobs, 1 full time day job and a second job working friday, sat, sun evenings. Any time inbetween that, I'm at home with my wife and daughter. No time for anything but family.

I was clearly stating that no matter how you try to splice it, there's no way justifiying what was done here. A gun can be pointed at my head, there's no way I'd do that to my kid.

max_boost
11-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Wow. Bitch is crazy. That's fucked up. :nut: :eek:

abyss
11-01-2010, 02:03 PM

Good thing I brought my sarcasm meter with me to work today.

No, I'm not a stay at home dad. My wife on the other hand was a stay home home mother for the first 2 years of my daughter's life and is now attended full time school + taking care of our daughter.

I got 2 jobs, 1 full time day job and a second job working friday, sat, sun evenings. Any time inbetween that, I'm at home with my wife and daughter. No time for anything but family.

I was clearly stating that no matter how you try to splice it, there's no way justifiying what was done here. A gun can be pointed at my head, there's no way I'd do that to my kid.

Thanks for proving my point.

p.s. if you have any questions on dogs you can ask me. I played with my neighbours dog every second Sunday for a couple hours in between all the other shit I had going on in my life, but I'm still an expert on all things dog related.

GQNammer
11-01-2010, 02:22 PM

Thanks for proving my point.

p.s. if you have any questions on dogs you can ask me. I played with my neighbours dog every second Sunday for a couple hours in between all the other shit I had going on in my life, but I'm still an expert on all things dog related.

Do I have to list exactly how I raised my child for me to finally prove to you that your arguement in no way, justifies what a parent might have to go through?

Okay let's list it. My wife and I, we were both running on 4-5 hours of sleep for the first 18 months. Our daughter would sleep for 2-3 hours a night IF we were lucky. I'd have to go to work at a physically demanding job, and still come home to feed, bath, change diapers, cook, clean, wash bottles.

My wife made the baby food herself, didn't buy store stuff. She'd be cooking/boiling the baby food, mashing them down, storing it. It would take about 6 hours a day every 4 days.

So you wanna talk sleep deprivation? As if you THINK you know what I've been through? That's ignorance on your part. So please, keep saying, "Oh well you don't know what it's like because you've yet to go through it." Keep assuming that buddy. Should I continue and keep on typing on more examples to justify it to you?

I guess by your logic, because my wife and I were sleep deprived for so long, we should've smashed our kid's head in when she cried. LOL you're disgusting and you're the reason why society nowadays always has an excuse for every lame thing that's happened to them.

Melinda
11-01-2010, 02:28 PM
^^ LOL the irony in your post is hilarious. Ranting that she's judging you based on no knowledge and then you turn around and do the same right back to her.

Sleep isn't all of what she's talking about, but you seem to be missing her point completely.

This thread could easily turn into a cock measuring contest for parents, but what good would it do? Some of my circumstances with my son would put your 2-3 hours of sleep per night to shame. I don't doubt that you didnt have a rough time, every parent does in some way, shape or form. It's part of the job. But you are also a dad who gets to leave your kid for a few hours a day, get a break from the crying, the screaming and the thankless demanding job of parenting. You also don't have the same hormones running though your system that a new mother does, which was really the point of the turn of this thread to begin with.

abyss
11-01-2010, 02:32 PM

Do I have to list exactly how I raised my child for me to finally prove to you that your arguement in no way, justifies what a parent might have to go through?

Okay let's list it. My wife and I, we were both running on 4-5 hours of sleep for the first 18 months. Our daughter would sleep for 2-3 hours a night IF we were lucky. I'd have to go to work at a physically demanding job, and still come home to feed, bath, change diapers, cook, clean, wash bottles.

My wife made the baby food herself, didn't buy store stuff. She'd be cooking/boiling the baby food, mashing them down, storing it. It would take about 6 hours a day every 4 days.

So you wanna talk sleep deprivation? As if you THINK you know what I've been through? That's ignorance on your part. So please, keep saying, &quot;Oh well you don't know what it's like because you've yet to go through it.&quot; Keep assuming that buddy. Should I continue and keep on typing on more examples to justify it to you?

I guess by your logic, because my wife and I were sleep deprived for so long, we should've smashed our kid's head in when she cried. LOL you're disgusting and you're the reason why society nowadays always has an excuse for something.

You're right, I have no idea what you've been through.

Just like you have no idea what this mom has been through. To assume is indeed ignorant.

since you think I think it's okay to shake a baby I'll state it again in nice big caps lock for you.

WHAT THIS WOMAN DID WAS BLOODY WRONG. YES WE SHOULD THROW THE BOOK AT HER DURING HER FAIR TRIAL.

But I'm not about to say there are no reasons that a single, sleep deprived, possibly mentally sick mother could ever snap on her baby. Because that would be ignorant.

GQNammer
11-01-2010, 02:34 PM
^^ LOL the irony in your post is hilarious. Ranting that she's judging you based on no knowledge and then you turn around and do the same right back to her.

Sleep isn't all of what she's talking about, but you seem to be missing her point completely.

What's the irony? He/she is saying that, "oh well we don't know what the circumstances were."

My arguement is, it doesn't matter what the circumstances are, you don't TRY to find an excuse (or even try to understand) why this happened. No matter how you try to justify this, you don't shake a baby, PERIOD.

JRSC00LUDE
11-01-2010, 02:35 PM
People are crazy.

Police here are searching the landfill right now for the body of a baby born to a 17 year old girl sometime after thanksgiving and thrown away.

Not sure if was stillborn or what have you but regardless, fucked.

GQNammer
11-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Abyss, Melinda, i'm not trying to attack you two personally. I guess my feelings are very strong about this. Yours are too clearly. We can debate about this all friggin day.

I'll just say we're both right, and both wrong, because there's no way of convincing either of us is correct.

Melinda
11-01-2010, 02:41 PM

What's the irony? He/she is saying that, &quot;oh well we don't know what the circumstances were.&quot;

My arguement is, it doesn't matter what the circumstances are, you don't TRY to find an excuse (or even try to understand) why this happened. No matter how you try to justify this, you don't shake a baby, PERIOD.
No need to try. You'd be shocked at the number of parents who admit later to realizing what drives a parent to shake a baby. That's not to say they actually do it, but "getting it", yep. I'm certainly one of them. I've never harmed my son a day in my life, but I TOTALLY understand why an overwhelmed unstable parent would. I do not by any stretch of the imagination think it is right, okay or unworthy of severe punishment.

But after going through what I went through in my recovery after delivery, my PPD and a kid that cried so much through his first year that his name actually became a term amoungst our group of friends to describe the token difficult baby, yep, I 100% get it.

Oh, and for the record, abyss is a woman.

abyss
11-01-2010, 02:41 PM

What's the irony? He/she is saying that, &quot;oh well we don't know what the circumstances were.&quot;

My argument is that until we understand why these things happen we can't PREVENT them from happening again. You can punish all the moms all you like, but until you learn how to help them BEFORE these things happen you'll be hearing stories like this forever.