PDA

View Full Version : Trusted shops in the NE?

Chantastic
10-28-2010, 11:57 PM
Hey guys just looking for a trusted mechanic up in the NE to do some general work (welding/installing a few things) . I could tow the car anywhere but I'm sure you all feel the same way about dropping your car off somewhere unknown, and also like me tend to avoid dealers at all costs. And yes, I have already tried myself and it didn't work out, before anyone tells me to do it myself.

Thanks in advance

edit: I've already done some searching on here, I tried Knibble on center and they couldn't take it till the end of next week, and I tried Paz auto but they just never got back to me...

Cooked Rice
10-29-2010, 12:05 AM
What needs to be Welded? And installed? What car?

WRXer
10-29-2010, 12:14 AM
Try Delta Auto, talk to Shaz he does some really good work, lots of customizing and performance work.

Luang
10-29-2010, 12:36 AM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Shaz what a joke one of the shadiest guys ive ever met

WRXer
10-29-2010, 12:56 AM
Why would you say that?

Chantastic
10-29-2010, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
What needs to be Welded? And installed? What car?

My 240 (S13). The exhaust hanger mount thing (with two hooks for the hangers) closest to the bumper broke off during installation (from being heavily rusted) so it wags/is annoying, but I also got a new (used) gas tank for it that needs to go in. I dropped the new tank out from another 240 and then dropped mine out but I can't get the new one in. We got it as flush as we could to the top but the straps are about 4 inches to short to mount to the frame, somehow.

I've had multiple people look at it and none of us can figure out why it doesn't work so I've pushed it out of the garage and it's ready to be towed. I just don't have the time to figure it out unfortunately, it's been out of commission for two weeks now and I figure it's going to be a real simple job for someone with the right tools/know how.

Vanner
10-29-2010, 06:45 AM
^^ Let me ask you a question ... what year of that 240 you got the (used) new gas tank out? I presume you did go with the year as close as possible to yours. Sometimes the imports had changed a bit year to year.

Sounds like the tank is taller by height than your original tank, what I'm reading your post.

I had done the gas tank swap under my van. My original tank wasn't made anymore now and as it's already 40 years old. I ended up cutting out the old rear section (body frames and floor) because I was going to repair rust issues anyway. I took the new floor section from another van (newer year model) and welded it in. Ordered a new gas tank, new strips and new fuel pump.

The swap works beautiful - it slips in easy. Plus, it looked much better than the old tank was.

Chantastic
10-29-2010, 08:54 AM
Hmmm well my car is a '92, not positive what year the tank I grabbed was off of but it had the same front bumper and I don't think that was introduced till '91. Looking at the two tanks side by side they sure look the same... :dunno:

Cooked Rice
10-29-2010, 09:14 AM
Take it to Shaz. I would take on the job, but i'm physically out of commission for a couple days.

He isn't Shady from my experience. Actually surprised a Toyota guy would say that about him. He is one of the most knowledgeable people I know when it comes to supras/soarers/SC300/400s etc.

Or take it to Precision, the same place that does excellent alignment service.

Chantastic
10-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Thanks for offering I'd gladly tow it to you if you were more abole at the moment. I just did a google for this precision place and can't seem to find anything, ado you have a number or a location? I'm at school and don't have a yellow pages. I'll give Delta a call as well. And is Shaz the main guy thegre or something?

edit: lol @ my typing

Cooked Rice
10-29-2010, 01:56 PM
http://precisionalignment.ca/index.php?PAGE=HOME

talonboi
10-29-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Luang
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Shaz what a joke one of the shadiest guys ive ever met

you must be talking about japan dream car's Shaz...

Shaz from delta auto is very good at what he does! he has 2 LHD supras. very passionate about his work.

WRXer
10-29-2010, 09:17 PM
His Supras are nice, his 1000 hp one is almost ready might be on his hoist there.

talonboi
10-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by WRXer
His Supras are nice, his 1000 hp one is almost ready might be on his hoist there.

yeah its been on his hoist for a while now, he cant move it cause he installed his big brake kit and doesnt have wheels to fit over them. His wheels will be here by the end of the week:bigpimp:

but i dont think it'll hit 1000hp, maybe 600hp

Vanner
10-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Chantastic
Hmmm well my car is a '92, not positive what year the tank I grabbed was off of but it had the same front bumper and I don't think that was introduced till '91. Looking at the two tanks side by side they sure look the same... :dunno:

If your car is a '92 and the other car you grabbed the tank from... had the same bumper as yours. What about the fuel pump on the tank - is it the same type as on your original tank?

Japanese car factories usually go with 3-year design gap before they go to next upgrade where it'd be different. Sometimes some parts last past up to 5 years before any changes in there.

Wish I can help you by looking in what you got there for your car but as you said you're calling that guy already. I'm in NE as you are. I got bit of free time this weekend. It's your call.

Graham_A_M
10-31-2010, 10:46 PM
Paz automotive. Peter is a certified Honda tech, and honestly by FAR the most honest guy I've EVER met....
Hes done quite a bit of work for my mom for free even...
When I was stumped trying to diagnose a problem on my old Fiero he found out what it was almost immediately, and fixed it for a song and a dance pretty much.

I "extremely" highly recommend him towards anything. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

talonboi
11-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Paz automotive. Peter is a certified Honda tech, and honestly by FAR the most honest guy I've EVER met....
Hes done quite a bit of work for my mom for free even...
When I was stumped trying to diagnose a problem on my old Fiero he found out what it was almost immediately, and fixed it for a song and a dance pretty much.

I "extremely" highly recommend him towards anything. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

which song, and what kind of dance:nut: jk!

Chantastic
11-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Hey sorry for the late reply guys. I did a previous forum search and saw your recommendation of Paz auto Graham, I gave them a call and the lady who answered the phone said she'd call me back but she never did :(. Also tried Delta but no one picked up, and Precision but they said tehy couldn;t have a look till the end of next week, so I went with someone's PM suggestion of Leader auto on 4th and since they were the only person to give me a real answer/pick up the phone, it was towed to them on Saturday night.

Thank you all for the suggestions, I hope this works out! I also hope others can use this thread as a reference for good NE shops. And Vanner, the fuel pump assembly was identical to mine, and it still had the oem fuel pump inside but my old tank had an aftermarket one inside when I first pulled it out so I don't really know...