911fever
10-29-2010, 10:00 AM
here's a good start... look at the 2012 Civic:
HAWw6FRfhCc
uNFjtZXMrbw

brutal brutal design.

Zephyr
10-29-2010, 10:02 AM
I wouldn't say brutal...the design is just rather mediocre.

johnboy27
10-29-2010, 10:09 AM
If you pulled all the silver tape off the car in that video it would show that the car is just slightly changed from the 8th generation car. That car is also a hydrid. There are better pics of the actual US version of the car on the net, both the coupe and sedan. The sedan is only slightly changed but the coupe looks very different.

94boosted
10-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Honda = :thumbsdow

While the Korean and the Domestic guys are cranking out fun cars that are more and more powerfull and more and more exciting at good prices. Honda keeps trying to push the same boring, underpowered and dull cars that they have been for the last two decades. I personally would love to see Hyundai, Ford, Kia & GM triumph while Honda tanks and with this Civic (and the CRZ) it looks like they will do just that.

Zewind
10-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Wait wait wait - is this the new 5 yr model change?

reminds me of the nissan sentra

Redlyne_mr2
10-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Why do you sell Honda if you're so negative about them? :) Maybe you don't like the civic but there are tons of people out there who are loyal civic/honda buyers.

CapnCrunch
10-29-2010, 12:27 PM
It's a Civic. What do you expect? Do you think Honda cares about the 1% of buyers who want to rice out their cars with cold ait intakes and body kits? Who cares what it looks like.

People buy them because they are cheap and reliable. Not because they look like Ferraris.

Deetz
10-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Although i am more of a fan of the older school Honda's, i think Honda is just going for marketing to the masses with the civic.....just as Toyota has done forever with the corolla. The corolla has been kind of a boring car itself since about 1988, but they still sold butt loads of them.

A lot of people about there are not big car enthusiasts, they just want something cheap to drive, reliable, and have decent resale value.

It's too bad they have moved away from the sporty and fun factor as much as they have, perhaps that will change again in the future

Disoblige
10-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Nooo. Civic is the new corolla lol.

Wonder what the coupe version looks like..

Zewind
10-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Why do you sell Honda if you're so negative about them? :) Maybe you don't like the civic but there are tons of people out there who are loyal civic/honda buyers.

Me?! Sell honda? no no i just drive one :(

Looking for an upgrade soon - maybe ill take alook at BMW ;)

911fever
10-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

I no longer sell for Honda. I'm back at another brand.

syeve
10-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch
It's a Civic. What do you expect? Do you think Honda cares about the 1% of buyers who want to rice out their cars with cold ait intakes and body kits? Who cares what it looks like.

People buy them because they are cheap and reliable. Not because they look like Ferraris.

Yep, seems to me Honda is doing just fine. They make reliable, cost effective cars. They are likely happy that all the ricer douchbags are "picking on" other car manufacturers to wreck their cars.

Originally posted by 911fever

I no longer sell for Honda. I'm back at another brand.

Disgruntled employee?

IF I was selling cars, I would sell Honda's. At least I could sleep at night knowing I sold someone a longterm, reliable form of transport.

kvg
10-29-2010, 01:59 PM
Honda makes a great product, but they don't really have anything to set them apart from other manufactures any more.

Redlyne_mr2
10-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Zewind

Me?! Sell honda? no no i just drive one :(

Looking for an upgrade soon - maybe ill take alook at BMW ;)
Sorry not directed at you, questioning the OP, he seems to really hate Honda lol.

slinkie
10-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch
It's a Civic. What do you expect? Do you think Honda cares about the 1% of buyers who want to rice out their cars with cold ait intakes and body kits?

dude its not a body kit...its j's racing/mugen.....sooo jdm

mowglee
10-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by kvg
Honda makes a great product, but they don't really have anything to set them apart from other manufactures any more.

True. Their competitive edge used to be having small cars that could fit anywhere and cost next to nothing to fill. Now Hondas (along with many other cars) are starting to look like aliens and every manufacturer is trying to be the most fuel efficient. Honda has the reputation for being cheap and easy to fix, but 10 years from now who knows how reliable the 2006+ Civics and Accords will be.

Power_Of_Rotary
10-29-2010, 03:25 PM
honda sticks with the reliability and nothing amazing/fun. its a marketing idea since they are a good seller to the average buyers. while hyundai needs to bump its impression,therefore needs more innovations

Rui M
10-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Honda needs to make a v8 powered sports car, that is the most fuel efficient in it's class. Regardless of power it needs to be efficient and handle good.

They need to drop the fag truck they have now and make a real work truck.

if they do this they will be on top again.

clem24
10-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Well. Honda is definitely losing it. And it's showing in their sales. They need to remedy this situation fast. Basically, their strategy for the past 20 years have been "innovation through size growth". Now that the cars are maxed out in size for the class, they're screwed. They're also churning out ridiculous designs (Crosstour, TL, ZDX). They're telling consumers what they want. And consumers will tell Honda what THEY want by not buying their cars. They'll still succeed though because people still love Civics and Accords and Odysseys and MDX'es and you can't argue with their reliability. As pointed out, the majority of their customer base aren't even car fanatics, though their recent "Civic Nation" ads would have you thinking otherwise.

This is kind of a critical time for them because GM and Ford have really been upping their game, while Honda has been sitting on their asses. So in a few years, we'll know how these decisions today have affected them.

corsvette
10-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Honda made great cars, just for fun jump on edmunds.com and look through the owner reviews on a ten yr old Accord, lots of postitive but an alarming amount of poor reviews from people having major problems and would not buy another Honda.

Now type in the review for a twenty yr old Accord~ a 1991 model, most reviews are from the original owners who still have them, the reviews on such old cars still have the owners rave about the total reliability and quality of their car.

I use these owner reviews whenever someone i know is looking for a new/used ride. I think cars have been getting overly complicated in the last 10 yrs and this is not helping anybodys reliability or design, more technology and safer cars also means larger and heavier cars, just compair the size and weight of an average family compact from 10 yrs ago compaired to today

Chandler_Racing
10-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by clem24
They're telling consumers what they want. And consumers will tell Honda what THEY want by not buying their cars. [/B]

Exactly.... :thumbsup:

kvg
10-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by corsvette
I think cars have been getting overly complicated in the last 10 yrs and this is not helping anybodys reliability or design, more technology and safer cars also means larger and heavier cars, just compair the size and weight of an average family compact from 10 yrs ago compaired to today

So true! :thumbsup:

Gibson
10-29-2010, 10:59 PM
That's not the new Honda Civic, that's the new Kia Forte. Wait, hang on...

InRich
10-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Yea I agree with everything thats being said here... I for one would NEVER look at honda ever again for a new car. Their designs are absolutly disguesting. That civic is a disaster, I mean who the fuck is designing these cars?

The last car I really loved the styling on was the TSX, before it too also became ugly as fuck.

On a site note. My friend just picked up a new MDX. it cost him something like 60 - 65k.... I drove it the other day and, WOW what a gutless SUV.

If my BMW is problem, and headache free for 160 km, I'll probably be sold on BMW for life.

StreetRacerX
10-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Hey, the NSX was a badass car Honda came out with, judging by their numbers though they didn't sell them like hot cakes but god damn do they have awesome resale value, and perform great as well!

If they came out with a new NSX(the last year they were manufactured was 2002 correct?) and didn't butcher it I think it would sell well.

911fever
10-30-2010, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by InRich

If my BMW is problem, and headache free for 160 km, I'll probably be sold on BMW for life.

LOL not going to happen!

JordanAndrew
10-30-2010, 01:13 AM
meh, I don't expect much from a civic in terms of looks anyways.

RecoilS14
10-30-2010, 07:22 AM
Where is Honda failing? This quarter's profits are almost double from last year.

http://ca.autos.yahoo.com/s/29102010/31/link-f-prnewswire-honda-motor-co-ltd-reports-consolidated-financial-results.html?p=1

davesparky6
10-30-2010, 08:48 AM
Why isn't the Civic a 2-seat, mid-engined sports car?!?!?:banghead:
There's no market at all for cheap, reliable, fuel efficient daily drivers.:whipped:

Muji
10-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by RecoilS14
Where is Honda failing? This quarter's profits are almost double from last year.

http://ca.autos.yahoo.com/s/29102010/31/link-f-prnewswire-honda-motor-co-ltd-reports-consolidated-financial-results.html?p=1

Beat to the point, what we have here are a bunch of car nutters getting old, seeking the car designs of their quickly evaporating youth (it can happen at 22 years of age and up). Honda is a top worldwide company, they are forward thinking and not stuck on the designs of a decade ago (cough... most of GM/Ford/Chrysler). Give it another decade, when half the new cars are hybrid, electric, etc. The days of a tuner car are gone, this is the final generation to lay claim to tuning for street performance. When fuel hits European prices combined with the eco element, tuners are dead. I only wish Alberta had Air-Care like in BC and California, take plenty of the garbage off the streets.

I have no real hate for any car maker, they have good years and so-so years, car manufacturing takes years from paper to the road.

01RedDX
10-30-2010, 09:50 AM

msommers
10-30-2010, 10:23 AM
What does their stock price say? Is Honda failing?

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/HMC

http://www.investorguide.com/stock-charts.php?ticker=HMC

http://www.finchannel.com/Main_News/Business/69946_Honda_Stock_Price_Tops_Toyota_TOKYO_/

05*CivicRS
10-30-2010, 10:51 AM
i think ill be heading to Toyota from now. i think even the yaris looks better than this

on a side note this reminds me of the older model scion TC with 4 doors

slinkie
10-30-2010, 12:18 PM
^troll?

2005 Civic Ferio ES1 (Storage)

InRich
10-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Muji

Beat to the point, what we have here are a bunch of car nutters getting old, seeking the car designs of their quickly evaporating youth (it can happen at 22 years of age and up). Honda is a top worldwide company, they are forward thinking and not stuck on the designs of a decade ago (cough... most of GM/Ford/Chrysler). Give it another decade, when half the new cars are hybrid, electric, etc. The days of a tuner car are gone, this is the final generation to lay claim to tuning for street performance. When fuel hits European prices combined with the eco element, tuners are dead. I only wish Alberta had Air-Care like in BC and California, take plenty of the garbage off the streets.

I have no real hate for any car maker, they have good years and so-so years, car manufacturing takes years from paper to the road.

The point is.... they make fucking ugly ass cars.... and I dont care for aftermarket shit at all.

Scuderia
10-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by msommers

http://www.finchannel.com/Main_News/Business/69946_Honda_Stock_Price_Tops_Toyota_TOKYO_/

What a fucking stupid thread. Just because a couple of 30 year old ricers dont like the new civics that doesnt make Honda a fail. They are doing exactly what they want, and thats why they have a very loyal fanbase. They make cheap, reliable, comfortable, fuel effecient cars that dont look bad at all. That is their MARKET. They OWN their market. Id drive every single Honda car on the market except for the crz, insight, and crosstour. Fully loaded pilot or accord, fuck yeah. LOL it sure doesnt look like theyre failing when an 02 civic is worth more than an 08 cobalt, focus, etc.

InRich
10-30-2010, 03:05 PM
^ lol 30 year old ricers... that was good for a chuckle

Muji
10-30-2010, 03:06 PM

The point is.... they make fucking ugly ass cars.... and I dont care for aftermarket shit at all.

You buy on looks and bought/leased a BMW mini van? OK.

InRich
10-30-2010, 03:11 PM

You buy on looks and bought/leased a BMW mini van? OK.

your a joke buddy... wtf you drive? I know when I drive around, my ride turns heads. Does this look like a mini van to you? http://autoshow.autotrader.ca/2010/10/26/2011-bmw-x5-xdrive50i/ get your head checked....

gyu
10-30-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm glad it doesn't look better than the 8th gen.

streethondas
10-30-2010, 03:26 PM

your a joke buddy... wtf you drive? I know when I drive around, my ride turns heads. Does this look like a mini van to you? http://autoshow.autotrader.ca/2010/10/26/2011-bmw-x5-xdrive50i/ get your head checked....

douchbag automobiles dont turn heads :rofl:

01RedDX
10-30-2010, 03:41 PM

cjay^
10-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by streethondas

douchbag automobiles dont turn heads :rofl:

In my opinion riced out civics are just about the douchiest things on the road.

I mean shit, obnoxious as fuck exhausts just so you guys can make like 145whp on a $4000 B18C5 at our elevation? LOL

911fever
10-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Terrible, terrible design on the new 2012 Civic. Very unfortunate by Honda. Honda's lineup is a fail.

The CR-Z is a brutal car, extreme rubbish, stupid slow, overpriced nonsense. The current Civic is dated and lags far behind the competition in looks to performance to technology. The Honda Ridgeline is a just an all-show truck, very overpriced, weak driveline, no V8, and truly isn't a real truck. It's competition to the Dodge Dakota and other small trucks, and it gets absolutely blown away. Most people that drive domestic competition and the Toyota Tacoma feel offended after a test drive of it - seriously! The Honda Pilot is dated, brutal to drive, expensive and overpriced, and is a terrible buy in its segment. The Honda Fit is a joke, and while being a good small car, its finance rates and lease rates are ridiculously high and the price just doesn't compete with the competition, i.e. Fiesta. The Insight is probably the worst hybrid ever made in the history of hybrids, terrible terrible car, no room in the boot, terrible drive, jerky and unstable, cramped and who can get over the dash? The Honda Accord is a decent vehicle but unfortunately its going the way of Acura, just isn't competitive enough for its segment, and its looks are brutal - I do enjoy its drive more than the Camry though. And please don't get me started on the Accord Crosstour - ugliest car made today besides the Honda Element! Don't even get me started on the Element LOL what an awful awful ride and a terrible, gas pig of a box on wheels. The CR-V is actually decent, but compared to the competition technology wise its dated and it's extremely pricey for a weak 180hp inline 4, why don't they make a V6 CR-V? Exactly my point on how they are failing.

The implosion of Honda's S2000 and Prelude/Integra to having zero cars that are true, 'fun to drive' cars reveals the lack of research and development Honda has been offering this competitive market where cars like the Genesis Coupe, Mustang, Miata, Camaro, Kia Forte Koup, G37/370Z coupe, all offer fun RWD platforms (minus the Kia Koup) that are decent sellers. Sure the S2k was overpriced and barely sold, but by completely removing all fun to drive, enthusiastic honda's from the marketplace, Honda has abandoned the young professional or the buyer who loved Honda in the 90's for their fun handling cars, even if they were slow (think Integra, Prelude).

The best things going for Honda are the Accord and the Odyssey, how pathetic is that. They make a great van, but its ridiculously expensive to boot. I honestly feel that Honda, which has been relying on its 90's "It's a Honda, its reliable" tagline, have dropped the ball huge, and the 2012 Civic is the epitome of Honda's failure. Acura has the worst looking vehicles in the industry, and Honda is headed in the same direction. I just hope the 2012 Civic (if you can get around the looks), will have the competition leading fuel economy and technology, because if not, they fail.

Muji
10-30-2010, 04:40 PM

The final paragraph chapter sums up what is in your head, it is called petty status seeking:

All of it adds up to $90,400, a not-insignificant sum for a vehicle that probably does more to advance your social status than to upstage the utilitarian nature of the crossover.

This afternoon I was out buying tampons and decided to also buy a 2011 X5/5.0, you are right I be turnin' heads. Look at me, I demand it! Now my profile is so urban and street cred through the roof. Drinkin' half-caff-decaff and reading an Oprah magazine as I type. Cool.

It's not a mini van, it's not a mini van, it's not a mini van.... keep saying it, no one thinks it is a mini van. Really, your ego can relax and snuggle into a good soccer mom movie:
mjay5vgIwt4

You in any of these videos?:

jlOHH20zDcI

ve550P0uj7A

K3RMiTdot
10-30-2010, 04:50 PM
anyone else think this looks like a tc?-____-" i love the 8th gen

Muji
10-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Terrible, terrible design on the new 2012 Civic. Very unfortunate by Honda. Honda's lineup is a fail.

The CR-Z is a brutal car, extreme rubbish, stupid slow, overpriced nonsense. The current Civic is dated and lags far behind the competition in looks to performance to technology. The Honda Ridgeline is a just an all-show truck, very overpriced, weak driveline, no V8, and truly isn't a real truck. It's competition to the Dodge Dakota and other small trucks, and it gets absolutely blown away. Most people that drive domestic competition and the Toyota Tacoma feel offended after a test drive of it - seriously! The Honda Pilot is dated, brutal to drive, expensive and overpriced, and is a terrible buy in its segment. The Honda Fit is a joke, and while being a good small car, its finance rates and lease rates are ridiculously high and the price just doesn't compete with the competition, i.e. Fiesta. The Insight is probably the worst hybrid ever made in the history of hybrids, terrible terrible car, no room in the boot, terrible drive, jerky and unstable, cramped and who can get over the dash? The Honda Accord is a decent vehicle but unfortunately its going the way of Acura, just isn't competitive enough for its segment, and its looks are brutal - I do enjoy its drive more than the Camry though. And please don't get me started on the Accord Crosstour - ugliest car made today besides the Honda Element! Don't even get me started on the Element LOL what an awful awful ride and a terrible, gas pig of a box on wheels. The CR-V is actually decent, but compared to the competition technology wise its dated and it's extremely pricey for a weak 180hp inline 4, why don't they make a V6 CR-V? Exactly my point on how they are failing.

The implosion of Honda's S2000 and Prelude/Integra to having zero cars that are true, 'fun to drive' cars reveals the lack of research and development Honda has been offering this competitive market where cars like the Genesis Coupe, Mustang, Miata, Camaro, Kia Forte Koup, G37/370Z coupe, all offer fun RWD platforms (minus the Kia Koup) that are decent sellers. Sure the S2k was overpriced and barely sold, but by completely removing all fun to drive, enthusiastic honda's from the marketplace, Honda has abandoned the young professional or the buyer who loved Honda in the 90's for their fun handling cars, even if they were slow (think Integra, Prelude).

The best things going for Honda are the Accord and the Odyssey, how pathetic is that. They make a great van, but its ridiculously expensive to boot. I honestly feel that Honda, which has been relying on its 90's "It's a Honda, its reliable" tagline, have dropped the ball huge, and the 2012 Civic is the epitome of Honda's failure. Acura has the worst looking vehicles in the industry, and Honda is headed in the same direction. I just hope the 2012 Civic (if you can get around the looks), will have the competition leading fuel economy and technology, because if not, they fail.

You sell cars and not one to let a lack of knowledge stop you from doing so. Honda is a stable, worldwide success with record breaking financial quarters. A ton of great reviews for every one of their vehicles and decades of very happy customers. For example, the CR-Z is getting rave reviews, I have read at least a dozen, not one said it was terrible. Let me guess you are moving Fords or a Korean brand? Why not come out and come clean on your mini advert for your real agenda, that of selling us a car or two.

All car companies exist due to their success in one way or another, they all have decent offerings, to each their own.

slinkie
10-30-2010, 05:02 PM

The final paragraph chapter sums up what is in your head, it is called petty status seeking:

This afternoon I was out buying tampons and decided to also buy a 2011 X5/5.0, you are right I be turnin' heads. Look at me, I demand it! Now my profile is so urban and street cred through the roof. Drinkin' half-caff-decaff and reading an Oprah magazine as I type. Cool.

It's not a mini van, it's not a mini van, it's not a mini van.... keep saying it, no one thinks it is a mini van. Really, your ego can relax and snuggle into a good soccer mom movie:
mjay5vgIwt4

jlOHH20zDcI

ve550P0uj7A

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_v0uCKbBsdFE/THgPg8rT9_I/AAAAAAAAAB4/PtvJbCK8-cc/s1600/u+jelly.png

also i test drove a crz recently, imo it does look a lot better in person than tt does in pictures . It seemed like a well designed car but as for it getting 'rave reviews' well that is yet to be seen. I doubt we are going to see a ton of crz's zipping around calgary because the fact is it is overpriced for what you get.

The crz is a hybrid 2 seater and can't top 50mpg highway, and is priced at $20k.

Ford fiesta is available in sedan and hatch bodystyles, with seats for 5, and is priced at $13k while getting 40mpg highway.

Scuderia
10-30-2010, 05:07 PM

You sell cars and not one to let a lack of knowledge stop you from doing so. Honda is a stable, worldwide success with record breaking financial quarters. A ton of great reviews for every one of their vehicles and decades of very happy customers. For example, the CR-Z is getting rave reviews, I have read at least a dozen, not one said it was terrible. Let me guess you are moving Fords or a Korean brand? Why not come out and come clean on your mini advert for your real agenda, that of selling us a car or two.

All car companies exist due to their success in one way or another, they all have decent offerings, to each their own.

This guy is a winner. LOL at complete pwnage of Inrich. Now please make your way to the current events section, where you will be greeted by beyonds bright minds, like canucks33223 and CUG.

cjay^
10-30-2010, 05:14 PM

mjay5vgIwt4

jlOHH20zDcI

ve550P0uj7A

Haters gonna hate

When you acquire a $90000 automobile, be sure to let us know.

Aleks
10-30-2010, 05:21 PM
The only car that stands out in the Honda lineup that's better than competition right now is the Honda Fit. Rest of the lineup is mediocre in segment they compete in.

But, reputation goes a long way and Honda has a great rep so that will keep them going along for a few more years. If they don't change anything the likes of Mazda, Hyundai, Kia, Ford, GM will start taking away more and more sales in the North American market.

911fever
10-30-2010, 06:04 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/10/cr-best-worst-2010.jpg

msommers
10-30-2010, 06:29 PM
The implosion of Honda's S2000 and Prelude/Integra to having zero cars that are true, 'fun to drive' cars reveals the lack of research and development Honda has been offering this competitive market where cars like the Genesis Coupe, Mustang, Miata, Camaro, Kia Forte Koup, G37/370Z coupe, all offer fun RWD platforms (minus the Kia Koup) that are decent sellers.

don't buy a G35. You will regret it. Very boring, poor on gas, weak sound system, annoying clutch, poor resale. My Dad's G35 is decent but he wouldn't buy another one. Consider something else

Because the two of them are SO vastly different! :rofl: I've driven them both, don't try to convince me otherwise.

Sure the S2k was overpriced and barely sold, but by completely removing all fun to drive, enthusiastic honda's from the marketplace, Honda has abandoned the young professional or the buyer who loved Honda in the 90's for their fun handling cars, even if they were slow (think Integra, Prelude).

And I'll reiterate and please wake the fuck up this time:

BUSINESS IS BUSINESS. 95% of the market wants what Honda sells. Why the fuck would they give a shit about 5% of the opinions if what they're doing is working for them?! Bitch and complain all you want, it still comes down to the numbers.

And Inrich, I don't even know what to say you to man.

911fever
10-30-2010, 06:52 PM

Because the two of them are SO vastly different! :rofl: I've driven them both, don't try to convince me otherwise.

BUSINESS IS BUSINESS. 95% of the market wants what Honda sells. Why the fuck would they give a shit about 5% of the opinions if what they're doing is working for them?! Bitch and complain all you want, it still comes down to the numbers.

In my family we've owned two G35's, both were average, one lasted 3 months the other has lasted two years. The G35 is just okay. We'd never buy one again - Nissan interiors and durability is just not quality. The G37 is much better than a G35.
http://www.g37driver.com/compare.shtml

So what, Honda's stock price is up and they are selling cars in China?
their sales numbers are down in North America, for the past two years
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2010-08-03-july-auto-sales_N.htm
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/honda-june-us-sales-fall-295-to-100420-units-2009711419570
people are looking at different vehicles (Subaru, Hyundai come to mind) than Honda for a variety of reasons. And for good reasons, which is my point. Honda is failing, huge.

msommers
10-30-2010, 07:00 PM
In my family we've owned two G35's, both were average, one lasted 3 months the other has lasted two years. The G35 is just okay. We'd never buy one again - Nissan interiors and durability is just not quality. The G37 is much better than a G35.
http://www.g37driver.com/compare.shtml

And in the article you listed, it reiterates my point! Thanks buddy. And even still, you're talking about something subjective, the "fun-ness" of the car, not fucking specs which even compared are not earth-shattering in comparison.

"Overall Review:
With all this being said the car is generally the same, especially for an "average" driver. I am a huge sucker for cool electronic options and horsepower so the G37 heavily wins my heart on that note. If you just want the basic mid range luxury ride then the G35 should fit your own needs just fine. The extra money for the G37 really comes down to the little add-ons and cool features and if you think they are worth it. "

So what, Honda's stock price is up and they are selling cars in China?

Be an business owner and then say "so what" when your stock price is up. :banghead:

Scuderia
10-30-2010, 07:16 PM

And in the article you listed, it reiterates my point! Thanks buddy. And even still, you're talking about something subjective, the "fun-ness" of the car, not fucking specs which even compared are not earth-shattering in comparison.

"Overall Review:
With all this being said the car is generally the same, especially for an "average" driver. I am a huge sucker for cool electronic options and horsepower so the G37 heavily wins my heart on that note. If you just want the basic mid range luxury ride then the G35 should fit your own needs just fine. The extra money for the G37 really comes down to the little add-ons and cool features and if you think they are worth it. "

Be an business owner and then say "so what" when your stock price is up. :banghead:

It's like arguing with a rock, you won't win. I'd love to see him operate a business. He simply won't understand that just because he doesn't like Honda, doesn't mean they're "failing". I'm sure they don't give a flying fuck about your opinion, when they completely OWN they market they're shooting for.

Aleks
10-30-2010, 07:17 PM

Yes but GM took the same approach in the 80s and 90s. They sold tons of cars just because they were GM. Eventually people realized there are much better cars out there and GM went bankrupt. It could happen to Honda too if they don't keep an eye on the competition. Hyundai/Kia have already caught up and passed Honda/Acura in sales in Canada.

911fever
10-30-2010, 07:41 PM

The G35 sucks man no offense, just get over it :rofl:
Business is up because everyone in China is buying cars, whether its Honda or BMW. I'm saying Honda is not listening to consumers and isn't being competitive anymore which is why they are failing - plus look at their designs! Go re-read what I wrote about each of their cars in their lineup.

Originally posted by Scuderia

It's like arguing with a rock, you won't win. I'd love to see him operate a business. He simply won't understand that just because he doesn't like Honda, doesn't mean they're "failing". I'm sure they don't give a flying fuck about your opinion, when they completely OWN they market they're shooting for.

Honda is selling less cars in North America year upon year and has been caught up by the Korean and the Domestic makers, for very good reasons. How is that not failing? And what if I do operate a business? ;)

Originally posted by Aleks

Yes but GM took the same approach in the 80s and 90s. They sold tons of cars just because they were GM. Eventually people realized there are much better cars out there and GM went bankrupt. It could happen to Honda too if they don't keep an eye on the competition. Hyundai/Kia have already caught up and passed Honda/Acura in sales in Canada.

:werd:

msommers
10-30-2010, 07:45 PM
Very true, Aleks. Ford comes to mind here interestingly as they could be the first domestic company to really change a consumer's mind in terms of reliability, price and specifications. Again I won't deny that sales in the North America have dropped. However, for whatever the cause may be, they are still doing better than they were before. We can only speculate at this point as to what may happen in the 5-10 years to come, as opposed to what is currently happening.

From a personal stand point, if I were buying a brand new vehicle it wouldn't Toyota or Honda. That's not to say their market value is failing.

It's difficult to argue here as the percentages of car buyers not looking for the mini-van or econo box is small. I mean shit, you have guys spending thousands on 15 year old vehicles that are by no means distinguished or vintage. But what percentage of the entire market is that and eventually, when are they going to go to an econo box/mini-van/conservative SUV? Deciding that isn't my job.

msommers
10-30-2010, 07:50 PM

The G35 sucks man no offense, just get over it :rofl:
Business is up because everyone in China is buying cars, whether its Honda or BMW. I'm saying Honda is not listening to consumers and isn't being competitive anymore which is why they are failing - plus look at their designs! Go re-read what I wrote about each of their cars in their lineup.

A) You've tried to bash the G35 which is fine, if you don't like the car so be it, it honestly doesn't bother me. However, you've tried to defend your point by posting an article that completely goes against what your original point was. So how is that credible?

B) Again you go on about their designs and that's fine, it's your opinion. But if Honda has targeted a different market, ie: not your opinion of what a car should look like, why are they failing?

In terms of all the car companies in the world and with respect to world-wide sales, how are they fairing? I'm genuinely curious.

And if you were a business owner, you'd be done for. You sound like you'd target a niche market that would inevitably fail. Congrats.

Critical
10-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Yet again.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/thread_direction.gif

Xtrema
10-30-2010, 08:51 PM
Same vid blew up over @ VTEC.

I think other that the 3 bar grill, it's a pretty normal looking car. Especially when Honda only have 2 years to come up with it, instead of the usual 4 since they change direction mid stream.

IMO it's better than mazda's smiling grill.

End of the day, it's cheap, reliable automobile and a favorite amount car guys. So people always get passionate about the changes. The question is, is this enough to stand against the new Cruze, Focus and Elantra?

http://www.carsboss.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/chevrolet-cruze-2010.jpg

http://testdrives.eu/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/New_Ford_Focus_2011_01.jpg.jpg

http://autotraderca.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/10_stunning_2011_elantra_revealed_000800.jpg

Disoblige
10-30-2010, 09:58 PM
The last time I saw an X5 was when I saw another X5 right behind another X5. True story! 7:30 PM before the Flames game, then I saw a couple more X5s before I turned onto 6 Ave.

Funny thing is they were all 2nd generation.

InRich
10-31-2010, 12:46 AM
Buddy still hasn;t mentioned what kinda car he drives... still waiting...

Muji
10-31-2010, 08:33 AM

X5, maybe we saw each other on the street or racetrack and turned our heads and nodded knowingly? Why the focus on our X5 head turners? There is more to a X5 owner than the car they drive and the tanning salon she frequents. I normally hit the (there is only one) Starbucks in the morning for a non-caff latte, maybe we have seen each other there? Give a wave next time, we are on Team X5 now, we are special, my $1,050/month lease payment says so. Forewarned, I will be ignoring you after April though, when my 2011 X5 M arrives. X5 M drivers cannot be seen with those driving a vehicle a mere sliver away from a Hyundai Veracruz.

Muji
10-31-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by cjay^

Haters gonna hate

I keep my $90,000 in many appreciating assets which I own fully and do not need to defend on a forum or babysit when parked at Safeway. No hate, pure love for the peacocks in this town. All hat and no horse as a wise man once said.

*BMW X5 is $60,000 by the way and not the 90K you believe it to be.

Ymerej472008
10-31-2010, 12:29 PM

Shoulda bought something that ACTUALLY turns heads...X5's remind me of the Jim Jones Ballin video...

ex. https://used.astonmartin.com/en-GB/Search/Details~a9f703e5-8caf-4b5d-a66b-32ec9ffed50a/?from=results&c=3edb7bab-fc63-430a-941a-42abea08e488&Page=1&PerPage=10&OrderBy=Price&Order=Asc

InRich
10-31-2010, 12:36 PM

I keep my $90,000 in many appreciating assets which I own fully and do not need to defend on a forum or babysit when parked at Safeway. No hate, pure love for the peacocks in this town. All hat and no horse as a wise man once said.

mine was 100k but eh whatever. so you drive a what? 89 civic or something?

dino_martini
10-31-2010, 01:32 PM
If Honda would shove the turbo 4 from the RDX, that would be a good first step to bringing fun to the brand. Don't get me wrong, the current Si is pretty decent, but everyone including ford is puting a turbo 4 into their small cars.

Xtrema
10-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
If Honda would shove the turbo 4 from the RDX, that would be a good first step to bringing fun to the brand. Don't get me wrong, the current Si is pretty decent, but everyone including ford is puting a turbo 4 into their small cars.

Honda's engineering is going stale because they rely on internal instead of outsourcing.

I think you'll see Honda get as much out of current tech before jumping into DI and FI.

RDX is probably just an experiment. Its unit is now pretty lame compared to Hyundai's and Audi's 2.0T.

My cock is bigger

My cock is bigger

Who cares. You drive what you like. I rather have an MDX over X5 if I'm in the market for a SUV. Something I won't care if it's trashed. Reliable and kinda fun. (Although I hate the new mmc of MDX with that dirty sanchez grill)

gpomp
10-31-2010, 08:36 PM

X5, maybe we saw each other on the street or racetrack and turned our heads and nodded knowingly? Why the focus on our X5 head turners? There is more to a X5 owner than the car they drive and the tanning salon she frequents. I normally hit the (there is only one) Starbucks in the morning for a non-caff latte, maybe we have seen each other there? Give a wave next time, we are on Team X5 now, we are special, my $1,050/month lease payment says so. Forewarned, I will be ignoring you after April though, when my 2011 X5 M arrives. X5 M drivers cannot be seen with those driving a vehicle a mere sliver away from a Hyundai Veracruz. winnar

slinkie
10-31-2010, 09:00 PM
muji seems like a bitter EG owner, typical beyond thread derailment

edit honda fanboys...please see above user's sig

Redlyne_mr2
10-31-2010, 09:50 PM

FYI there are $60 000 2011 X5's and $115 000 X5's, his is a $90 000 X5. This is a car forum, there are many members on here with $200 000 depreciating assets and 6 figure money pits.:) Check out if you prefer discussing such topics http://www.canadianmoneyforum.com/

bignerd
10-31-2010, 09:56 PM
My favourite year of civic was the 2000 style. Looked the best, lots of room inside, still a small car and was still pretty cheap and very reliable. Have never been as big of a fan of the designs since.

They need to bring back a prelude/Integra, even an RSX.

I still like Honda for their reliability, but other manufactorers have caught up. My last car was a Honda (our fourth) however I agree, don't think the next one will be.

Kloubek
10-31-2010, 10:08 PM
One of the best reasons to buy a Honda has always been the quality. When Honda was making innovative designs that also blew away the competition with fuel economy, it was the combination needed to generate a ton of sales.

Now, their designs and technologies are average. Their fuel economy (while still very good) is no longer industry-leading. On top of all this, the quality of the domestics and other import brands like Hyundai are much improved from the past. Honestly, IMO, Honda just doesn't have much of ANY advantage - except for the brand name that gives the impression of quality... and hence, likely a better resale value.

Many have mentioned it, but the real brand to watch is Hyundai. They are providing very nice designs, industry matching (or even leading) horsepower figures, and have always been very competitive price-wise. I have not seen the stats, but I can only assume their market share is growing by dramatic proportions.

Guillermo
10-31-2010, 10:18 PM

mine was 100k but eh whatever. so you drive a what? 89 civic or something?

WHO THE FUCK CARES, DUMBASS? no one thinks you're cool for having a $90,000 minivan. you're probably just leasing it anyhow, paying $1000/month from your shit-kicking construction laborer salary. :werd: it's clear from your posts all over beyond that you are a confused little man with zero self esteem. I drive a mazda, which I proudly paid cash for. you would probably call it a shitbox, but my point is that driving an expensive vehicle basically means SHIT about how successful a person is. i'm very well educated, have traveled the world, and have a very good job that makes me happy, and I don't need to drive around in a POS grocery getter with a BMW logo on it to validate my success.

and you wonder why people want to see pictures of your dumb ass at dave's poker party. seriously.

and, major props to Muji for his excellent work in this thread. :thumbsup:

EDIT: you remind me of this BMW dbag.

20SNMdo3B3o

Guillermo
10-31-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Many have mentioned it, but the real brand to watch is Hyundai. They are providing very nice designs, industry matching (or even leading) horsepower figures, and have always been very competitive price-wise. I have not seen the stats, but I can only assume their market share is growing by dramatic proportions.

absolutely this. Hyundai is the next Honda. My first car was actually an '88 excel, was the biggest POS i've ever driven. Hyundai has come a LONG way from those days. IMO, the Sonatas are beautiful... and then there is the genesis, of course. would like to see a mid-sized hatch from Hyundai, though.

cjay^
10-31-2010, 10:58 PM

Price as tested: $92,495

http://autoshow.autotrader.ca/2010/10/26/2011-bmw-x5-xdrive50i/